Are sikhs social people?

mahandulai

11 hours ago, puzzled said:

I like talking to different people from different backgrounds and walks of life. Christians, pagans, ghost catchers, adulterers, alcoholics, atheists, sl@gs, domestic abuse victims, etc i'v spoken to lots of different people    its interesting ... 

it is, though rehat says do not have any sangat who drink and smoke etc. I think you are right though. the world is bigger now, than just Sikhs in india.

just Sikhs end up being spiritual nomads, and it is kind of in the lifestyle, needs to change.

21 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

it is, though rehat says do not have any sangat who drink and smoke etc. I think you are right though. the world is bigger now, than just Sikhs in india.

just Sikhs end up being spiritual nomads, and it is kind of in the lifestyle, needs to change.

Well I wouldn't say they are my sangat as in friends but i like talking to different people because it's interesting, I don't agree with 75% of the stuff they do but it's good to broaden you view in things.  It's good to understand the world rather than live in your own little bubble.

Like I know this hindu lady whose husband was dying in hospital while she was having an affair with a punjabi man. Today she is nothing but regrets. Her eyes have so much sadness, makeup doesn't cover up the sadness in their eyes. She once told me how she can feel her dead husband sometimes and that he's not happy.  People's eyes give a lot away, especially women's.    I guess as a sikh its wrong to talk to someone who has commited such a bad sin,  but i have learnt a lot from just interacting and listening to her.      It's hard to explain ...

On 10/24/2018 at 12:14 AM, puzzled said:

I like talking to different people from different backgrounds and walks of life. Christians, pagans, ghost catchers, adulterers, alcoholics, atheists, sl@gs, domestic abuse victims, etc i'v spoken to lots of different people    its interesting ... 

how do you get to meet all those different types of people? 

1 hour ago, Punjabiwolves said:

how do you get to meet all those different types of people? 

Mostly at work, I guess that's what you get when working in retail lol   but I live in a very weird area with very weird people, nothing normal about this place. But in the past iv spoken to random people! Like there was this middle aged paki who was an alcoholic and always used to ask me for some change. I used to give him 50p etc   but I never asked him anything. I used to just see him randomly out and about. After a few months I ask him what his story is, he told me that at one time he used to have everything, wife, kids, business, house etc but people in his life took everything from him he now has nothing. He said to me other than your mother don't trust anyone else, no one is a true friend they all use and abuse you. If you put trust on others they will only take advantage of that trust, people only talk to you for matlav/ self gain.  He said, even me I only talk to you because I know you will give me some change lol,  he said no one cares for you as much as your mother does, everyone else is fake, that's how the world works. He then said Pakistanis made a separate country and called it "pak" meaning pure but there is nothing pak about that country or it's people.  He looked like he wanted to cry but he couldn't even do that. I pointed at the gurdwara and told him that if he ever gets hungry that he can go gurdwara and eat, he told me he sometimes does go.   

I havnt seen him for over a year now, I hope he's ok ... 

Just today this paki girl at work told me how she lived in a haunted house and how she had a exorcist come around haha! But then I had to go elsewhere but next time Im deffo gonna ask her to tell me more  LOL 

LOL  yeah, you get some really interesting characters when you work in retail. I met a few at my workplace. I feel sorry for that Pakistani guy. it just shows you should not be arrogant if your rich and have it all.  it can be taken just as fast. stay humble. I hope he has got his life sorted out and back on track. I also agree with him that the only people you fully trust are your parents maybe your wife and kids. friends, relatives can let you down especially relatives.  

27 minutes ago, Punjabiwolves said:

LOL  yeah, you get some really interesting characters when you work in retail. I met a few at my workplace. I feel sorry for that Pakistani guy. it just shows you should not be arrogant if your rich and have it all.  it can be taken just as fast. stay humble. I hope he has got his life sorted out and back on track. I also agree with him that the only people you fully trust are your parents maybe your wife and kids. friends, relatives can let you down especially relatives.  

Yeah I agree with what he said, people these days are only after self gain, it really is not easy to trust someone    you never know what their intentions are. Man iv come across so many sad and unhappy people! It's sad how many people put on a brave/happy face   it's only when they open up you realize the sadness that their covering up within. 

Treat everyone nicely and be sensitive because you just don't know what someone is going through. 

I thank waheguru for so far giving me a nice and mostly a happy life.