Why are we not Hindus?

Guest Bhujang

On 10/31/2018 at 3:18 PM, S1ngh said:

You make no sense. Let's talk about Babri Masjid, shall we? What are your opinions on that case?

I'm Sikh not Hindu.  So your rebuttal is what makes no sense.

Babri Masjid isnt even an appropriate analogy.  The claim is that a masjid was built by Aurangzeb etc over a Ram mandir.  How is that the same thing?  In my opinion, since original Hindu dharma believes in ahimsa, they should have just left it as God's will and made a new mandir in the nearest suitable place.  And they should have peacefully come to some agreement with the muslims there, maybe funded a masjid somewhere else for them.  

But like I said I'm not Hindu, so it's not my concern.

9 hours ago, BhForce said:

1. Why don't you try refuting anything I said? You have no answer, that's why.

2. "OK to grab these places by force?" 

Are you kidding me? Did the mahants have a title deed in their name written by Guru Raam Daas ji, who bought the area of Amritsar by paying landowners of 3 surrounding villages?

3. If someone came and started living in your house, do you think it would be horrible for you to come back?

4. I notice that you conveniently dropped the ridiculous claim that the Singh Sabha was created by the British. By asking your question, you have implicitly accepted that the Singh Sahba was not pro-British and vice versa.

5. "Guru Gobind Singh never allowed sikhs to grab Harimandir Sahib or the Adi Granth by force."

What are you even talking about? First of all, if you were a Sikh, you'd say "ji", not just "Guru Gobind Singh".

Secondly, do you even know that Guru Gobind Singh ji sent Bhai Mani Singh ji to take possession of the Harimander Sahib?

6. "Stealing someones property by force is theft and a sin."

Good that you admit that. So, tell us, how did the Mahants come into possession of the Gurdwaras? Like you say, stealing property is a sin.

The fact is that Gurdwaras are the property of the Guru. The personal property of the Gurus was passed on to their descendants. The money that the Sangat provided for Guru's works was separate, and was passed on to the next Guru, not to the Guru's sons. After Guru Gobind Singh ji, the Guruship is with Guru Granth Sahib and the Khalsa Panth.

So now do you understand why the Panth is entitled to its Gurdwaras?

Why don't you go back to RSS headquarters and tell them that they didn't prepare you enough.

Does SGGS add 'ji' everytime it refers to a Guru's name?  This is English, not Hindi (you're following Hindi ettiquette yet you call me RSS?).  50 years ago everyone was supposed to say 'Shri' before and 'Dev' after each Guru's name.  Now the tendency is to add the epithet 'Sahib'. Why don't you add those epithets if you a such a 'real' sikh?

It you who are not answering my points.  Bhai Mani Singh was a scholar not an army general.  Guru Gobind Singh did not want these things taken by force.  Didn't he demand the Adi Granth be given back after it was taken by force?

If you what to talk about Khalsa panth maybe you should go study the basics of 'dharma' (right and wrong /morality) that they are meant to adhere to.  Sikhism is spiritual and not concerned with 'land disputes'.  Are you interested in God or paise?

To use your analogy-  if it was my land I would use peaceful means to get it back.  I would not send a mob to exhort it back with intimidation.  However if it was land from 500 years ago back where a Guru/Saint lived, what claim could I have to it?

On 10/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, puzzled said:

Lingayats want to break away from Hinduism and be recognized as a separate religion, but don't think the government is letting them.   

I have not heard of them before. There are also Hindu's that worship Shiva only and then you have the Hara Khrisna movement which is different from other Hindu's. its hard to define Hinduism 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 10/27/2018 at 9:13 PM, Guest Bhujang said:

Sikhi can be accepted as a tradition within the wider Hindu dharma.

I smell a RSS troll who is trying to drive a wedge between hindu-sikh relationship .

Well the simple answer to your question is : "Because Sikhism emphasizes on Parbrahm solely whereas other hindu traditions don't! " 

In hinduism , parbrahm is like the background entirely missed by worship of lesser gods : brahma, vishnu, shiva, ganesha , devi mata, etc etc etc WHEREAS in Sikhism Parbrahm is the only adorable centre-of-attention deity . This fact would have been easily known to you if you read even one baani like Sukhmani sahib . And greatness of sikh gurus would have been obvious to you , but since you're a RSS undercover whose aim to destroy Sikhism , its no surprise you don't know or pretend to know above stated facts ! 

It technically is and has been, until the British-funded Singh Sabha

You just confirmed you're a RSS brahmin agent ! Ofcourse Singh Sabha movement is an evil in your eyes BECAUSE IT WAS THIS MOVEMENT led by sikh intellectuals that saved Sikhism from dissolving into the Hinduism . We Sikhs owe our existence today to Singh Sabha , so no wonder you RSS and your ilks hate Singh Sabha movement so much .

What a shame, you're trying to drive a wedge between hindus and sikhs ! 

Thank god for the abrahamics in india. They're a buffer and a distraction for you . 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Dharmic brotherhood is mostly a farce ! 

They say Abrahamics fight amongst each other despite having common  descendence from Abraham via his 2 sons : isaac [jews/chrisians] and ishmael [muslims] 

Well if dharmic brotherhood was real , why were the buddhist  monks butchered 1500 yrs ago by brahmin state rulers of Shunga dynasty and Gupta dynasty . and their monasteries destroyed. Why Buddhism is next to no presence in india while in neighboring countries its flourishing and majority. 

Why jain temples in south were ransacked and converted to hindu temples. Theres evidence of this happening . 

If they couldn't show brotherly , we're-from-the-same-roots love to jainis and buddhis , then why trust them to shower that love on us ??!!!

And no surprise they even claim "Harmandir sahib" as "Vishnu temple" now . 

Honestly I can't trust ! 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 10/29/2018 at 10:20 AM, BhForce said:

Yeah, it's just some random fellow named "Nanak" that said we're neither Hindus or Muslims, that Hindus are blind, and that they are wrong from the start.

Thank God that "Guru Guest Bhujang ji" came along to set us straight.

Dhanvaad.

ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥

Naa Ham Hindhoo N Musalamaan ||

I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

ਭੈਰਉ (ਮਃ ੫) (੩) ੪:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੧੩੬ ਪੰ. ੧੧ 
Raag Bhaira-o Guru Arjan Dev

https://www.searchgurbani.com/guru-granth-sahib/shabad/4205/line/10

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਅੰਨ੍ਹਾ ਤੁਰਕੂ ਕਾਣਾ ॥

Hindhoo Annhaa Thurakoo Kaanaa ||

The Hindu is sightless; the Muslim has only one eye.

ਗੋਂਡ (ਭ. ਨਾਮਦੇਵ) (੭) ੪:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੮੭੫ ਪੰ. ੨ 
Raag Bilaaval Gond Bhagat Namdev

https://www.searchgurbani.com/guru-granth-sahib/ang/875

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੂਲੇ ਭੂਲੇ ਅਖੁਟੀ ਜਾਂਹੀ ॥

Hindhoo Moolae Bhoolae Akhuttee Jaanhee ||

The Hindus have erred from the start; they are going the wrong way.

ਬਿਹਾਗੜਾ ਵਾਰ (ਮਃ ੪) (੨੦) ਸ. (੧) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੫੬ ਪੰ. ੯ 
Raag Bihaagrhaa Guru Nanak Dev

Please don't quote such gurbaani which most don't have the intellect or audacity to digest ! 

Quoting this does more harm than good ! To understand baani like these one needs a certain level of maturity 

On 10/31/2018 at 3:18 PM, S1ngh said:

You make no sense. Let's talk about Babri Masjid, shall we? What are your opinions on that case?

i'm not a hindu, but even Babri Masjid is not the same thing.

the claim of Babri Masjid is that another religion built its worship place over a Hindu temple.  thats not the same thing as we are discussing.