Guest NeelaNishan

6 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Ok one big question why didn't Maharaja Ranjit singh take back custody of Harmandar sahib from Udasis then ??

like was he sleeping ! 

Udasis were not enemies.  Didn't Guru Arjan Dev ji invite Prithi Chand to suggest a Salok for Sukhmani Sahib ?

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
7 hours ago, jakare said:

Harmandir Sahib did not have any Hindu idols, I don't know where you got that from.

it did . the precincts of harmandar sahib atleast did ! Hindus of amritsar protested when the idols were respectfully removed . I heard they're now in durgiana mandir , perhaps for one reason that temples  a look-alike of harmandar sahib 

8 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

When you say a "rare photo" you mean in the sense that's its long been widely available all over the internet and in books, i.e not very rare at all ? Or are you confusing the word "rare" for the word "old" ?

Blad i copied that caption off wikipedia dont take it all out on me

24 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

it did . the precincts of harmandar sahib atleast did ! Hindus of amritsar protested when the idols were respectfully removed . I heard they're now in durgiana mandir , perhaps for one reason that temples  a look-alike of harmandar sahib 

Find me a reference that it had idols and I'll believe you

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Udasis were not enemies.  Didn't Guru Arjan Dev ji invite Prithi Chand to suggest a Salok for Sukhmani Sahib ?

1. not prithi chand but Sri chand

2. why would jagdi jot Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji need any help receiving ilahi bani?

3. Never in the history of Gursikhi has the Guru asked for human bani to be added to Adi Granth ji

I've always found it weird that there was never any pictures taken of these idols that were there. I mean sure I'm not denying there may have been an idol there somewhere but I'm very suspicious of the claim that Harmandir Sahib had become some sort of fully fledged Hindu Mandir.

It's actually funny how some Sikhs call out other Sikhs for falling prey to the RSS agenda...yet they cannot see Singh Sabha also had an agenda; they added plenty of masala to boost their claims...it's called sensationalism.

1 minute ago, MrDoaba said:

I've always found it weird that there was never any pictures taken of these idols that were there. I mean sure I'm not denying there may have been an idol there somewhere but I'm very suspicious of the claim that Harmandir Sahib had become some sort of fully fledged Hindu Mandir.

It's actually funny how some Sikhs call out other Sikhs for falling prey to the RSS agenda...yet they cannot see Singh Sabha also had an agenda; they added plenty of masala to boost their claims...it's called sensationalism.

there were murti in the parikarma during the time of British sponsoredmahant control

3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

1. not prithi chand but Sri chand

2. why would jagdi jot Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji need any help receiving ilahi bani?

3. Never in the history of Gursikhi has the Guru asked for human bani to be added to Adi Granth ji

1) True

2) On Guru ji’s request, Babaji provided the line to resume the 17th Asatpadi. He respectfully chose Guru Nanak Dev ji’s verse: “Aad Sach, Jugaad Sach, Hoebi Sach, Nanak Hosebi Sach”

3) It's not human bani if Baba Ji already SUGGESTED a line from Gurbani.

2 minutes ago, jakare said:

1) True

2) On Guru ji’s request, Babaji provided the line to resume the 17th Asatpadi. He respectfully chose Guru Nanak Dev ji’s verse: “Aad Sach, Jugaad Sach, Hoebi Sach, Nanak Hosebi Sach”

3) It's not human bani if Baba Ji already SUGGESTED a line from Gurbani.

it is true that the tuk suggested was ilahi bani but this sakhi is being used by some quarters to elevate Sri Chand and yoga as being part of sikhi ... alittle knowledge without context can be a dangerous thing