Singhs skirting the edge of Copyright infringement

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Carrying on from what I said in an earlier thread here:

Singhs don't like Copyright. That's a given. We know that. But....it's becoming an epidemic now:

Image result for sardarbuksh coffee

On 10/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, S1ngh said:

Sometimes I think our folks are Chinese folks are not that much different. Copying/duplicating ideas (commercial/personal etc) is just a disease that we cannot get rid of it. 

Yeah I agree. We're not that different...and the Arabs are probably the worst but, as this is a Sikh site, just thought it'd be a good idea to take a light-hearted look at the 'Singh' infringements. A worldwide disease though, definately, with 'Pizza Hat' probably the worst / best offender:

Related image

However, for us Singhs and Kaurs, there is little that is more important than butter. Our wives phone each other whenever Tesco or Asda have it on sale and we quickly rush in our car to buy crates of it from different locations so as not to draw suspicion and with the price of butter now through the roof we might even look for alternatives. But....which to choose ?

Image result for knock off foods

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Singhs don't like Copyright. That's a given. We know that. But....it's becoming an epidemic now:

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, S1ngh said:

Sometimes I think our folks are Chinese folks are not that much different. Copying/duplicating ideas (commercial/personal etc) is just a disease that we cannot get rid of it. 

not really,

if someone has a brand, or idea, why cant I change it or make it better, because i love the idea so much?

While not copyright infingement...this is one of the most obscene foodstuff I have seen:

Fudo.jpg.8818283071db5cca763f64f3d97ef6fc.jpg

I mean...how would you offer this to someone in Punjabi?

2102014653_upsidedownsmiley.jpg.d351213b9f2c2f6c5eaf68c9bd5e7bc1.jpg

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Don't even post that here, you might get banned! 

I've been castigated for using a similar word on this very forum! 

Ahh yes I remember clearly! You also made up a word which I still use to this day. It ended in -ni....

11 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Yeah I agree. We're not that different...and the Arabs are probably the worst but, as this is a Sikh site, just thought it'd be a good idea to take a light-hearted look at the 'Singh' infringements. A worldwide disease though, definately, with 'Pizza Hat' probably the worst / best offender:

Related image

However, for us Singhs and Kaurs, there is little that is more important than butter. Our wives phone each other whenever Tesco or Asda have it on sale and we quickly rush in our car to buy crates of it from different locations so as not to draw suspicion and with the price of butter now through the roof we might even look for alternatives. But....which to choose ?

Related image

I don't know if you meant to, but you just refuted what your own thesis: that Sikhs have an over-penchant for copyright infringement. Are all of the dozen or so fake butter brands you posted owned by Sikhs? Of course not.

Not only that, but all of them are basically infringements of each other, very slight variations on a theme.

So what's left of your contention that Singhs are big copyright violators, moreso than others?

On 10/30/2018 at 4:49 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Oh boo hoo hoo. Poor multinational corporations have some small fry competition?

1. The United States Supreme Court has ruled that parody is an acceptable exception to intellectual property claims.

2. When Jeff Bezos named his ecommerce company "Amazon", did he make up the name Amazon (either from the river in the Latin America or the ancient warrioress's)? Answer: No, he filched it.

I don't see anyone complaining about that.

It's only we who do this because of our inferiority complex.

22 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I don't know if you meant to, but you just refuted what your own thesis: that Sikhs have an over-penchant for copyright infringement. Are all of the dozen or so fake butter brands you posted owned by Sikhs? Of course not.

Not only that, but all of them are basically infringements of each other, very slight variations on a theme.

So what's left of your contention that Singhs are big copyright violators, moreso than others?

Jeez.....Do you even know how to smile or laugh BHForce ?