Singh1989

About taking Amrit

When I met my fiance first time in India this summer, she touched the topic on Amrit. She isn't Amritdhari herself. This was our 1st meeting. I made it clear to her, if you wish to take Amrit or not it up to you. Nobody will force you before/ after marriage. That put her at ease.

Now, I am about to tell you why you should never ever ever force anyone into taking Amrit. Do I mean putting them at gunpoint? No. I'm talking about nagging them! Everytime u see/ meet that one or two persons you mite say silly things like "Why aren't u Anritdhari? Your parents are? You hubby/ wife is...?" First of all, EVERYONE knows about Amrit lol. Trust... EVERYONE! Nothing is being hidden from them. Now, you're unnecessary nag may compel them into taking Amrit. What happens in next few years?? The compelled individual(s) will either be suffocating or Amrit broken.

However, there is a correct way into motivating others. Individuals will step up and say "I too wish to be Amritdhari." THEN U motivate them; keep your kes, do simran n seva - whatever level you feel they're appropriate at. If they wish to go ahead or step down BEFORE having taken Amrit, YOU should accept their wishes. I said exact same things to my fiance.

However, reason for both couples t be Amritdhari, first is so they're truly level meeting on vichaars n second is to do with jooth (germs). One method of jooth is sharing food. Second is intercourse. During the act germs are shared.

I left it up to her for her wishes. I'd rather her say "I took Amrit as it was in my heart/ own wishes" instead of "I only took Amrit as he's Amritdhari."

I took Amrit as it was my own desires. With kirpa it been 12 years of bliss n Anand. My dad is Nitnemi plus I found the right crowd (Friday nite sangat Gurudwara) and thas it! Kirpa happened. Thas all it took. Fair play, you mite ask sum1 once about them wishing to take Amrit. But constant nag will do them ZERO favours. And don't think they'll tell u off! Some people are powerless to speak up about their wishes to remain NON Amritdhari.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah we can't choose the people who will take amrit, only Guru Sahib can give it. It is a blessing. Some of the people should stop saying chaklo chaklo to people because it can become a guilt trip.

True - but if you are married and ready to take Amrit, and your partner is not - are yo useriously telling me you will nor try to procreate ? Sikhi is a logical Dharam - if we started thinking like that our Kaum wouldn't go anywhere!

34 minutes ago, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

True - but if you are married and ready to take Amrit, and your partner is not - are yo useriously telling me you will nor try to procreate ? Sikhi is a logical Dharam - if we started thinking like that our Kaum wouldn't go anywhere!

bro that's why the Panj always ask if you are married and if so where is your partner , you supposed to be equally aiming to hit mission target , Waheguru if one is dragging their heels it hinders the progress of the other partner . Ideally both should be married with intention to have amrit together or had beforehand .