I am writing a book, called 'The Boy who met Guru.'

mahandulai

It takes placed during the 16th century, between the well known first guru, and the last. A muslim boy, finds Guru, mysterious and wise, amongst Hindu and Muslim rule, and it is an epic tale. But I was wondering historically, between 1550-1600 were there any significant issues in Sikh history, that I would want to talk about?

11 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

It takes placed during the 16th century, between the well known first guru, and the last. A muslim boy, finds Guru, mysterious and wise, amongst Hindu and Muslim rule, and it is an epic tale. But I was wondering historically, between 1550-1600 were there any significant issues in Sikh history, that I would want to talk about?

before announcing such plans, you should be doing research massive amounts of reading of Gurbani and sikh history because anything you write should be fully fact checked .

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

before announcing such plans, you should be doing research massive amounts of reading of Gurbani and sikh history because anything you write should be fully fact checked .

maybe you can be his personal tutor and teach young Mahan about Gurbani and how to read and write Gurumuki.  

@mahandulai - something worth talking about might be the way hierarchy was. Islamic rulers/monarchs (much like Saudi today) not only mistreated the kaffir but also many from their own community. If you're going in with fiction, it would be nice to paint a vivid image of a child being brought up in an average working class home being witness to a world that fortunately we are no longer a part of.