Sikh Fashion Masters and Fashion Disasters

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

There was a discussion here a few days ago...I think it was in the wedding photo thread...about Sikh / Punjabi fashion. I was never terribly into fashion myself...to the great disspointment of my dad who to this day still has his bon marley stylee Gabbicci knit-ganzee cardigan hanging in his wardrobe. But the internet, Joobie tube, instabook, face chat, snap crack and popple are absolutely jam-packed these days with Singhs and Kaurs displaying their 'style'. We're overloaded with dastar wearing girls posing in shots showing how stylish and fashionable they look and it seems a Singh can't be a proper singh and get his picture on the world-wide web thingy these days unless he's laying on the dapper style with a cravatte, sporting the world's biggest turban or playing tonsil tennis with a transvestite. But what do i know about fashion ?   Not that much really. I know uncles from Birmingham and the Midlands have a penchant for wearing cheap trainers with their suits and ladies from India will wear extraordinarily lovely gear from the top of their head to their ankles but will round it of with either the most horrible shoes or cheap nasty looking grey socks....under which are the hideously deformed feet that almost every female from India has. But apart from that, what do I know. The answer is nothing. I know this picture coming up below is meant to be really fashionable but to me looks like 3 extremely effeminate fellas heading off to the kusra convention:

Image result for funny sikh fashion pendu

I know this Singh needs to re-think the whole length of the beard approach in order to make this work:

Image result for punjab bad fashion

I know the less I say about this Singh the better:

Image result for sikh fashion

I know in a few years Diljit's gonna regret ever being seen in public wearing this monstrosity and MC hammer pants:

Related image

I know she doesn't look half as good as she thinks she looks :

I know I'd like to punch these 3 in the face :

I know given the chance I probably would;

Related image

and i know if its cold enough to require a scarf and gloves you should at least give some thought to perhaps wearing a jacket or coat.

Image result for sikh fashion scarf

but other than that.....I don't know much about fashion at all.

be prepared it is only going to get more diverse.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, puzzled said:

apart from the gloves this Singh looks good

Image result for sikh fashion scarf

Yes, I think it's a given that one should put a jacket or coat on before even thinking about the need for gloves.

However, what this Singh has shown is that the Sikh models have fully embraced the 1970's art of 'pretending to look at something far away'. All the Sikh fashion models are at it :

Related image

These two are clearly not compatible with each other. He's infatuated with something far away to the west whereas she just can't seem to take her eyes off something in the east:

These 4 are all over the place, easily distracted by all sorts of things happening in all directions :

This one's seen something so amazing to the east he's even taken his eye off his phone :

This one's not very happy with whatever is happening to her left :

This one's just seen a £5 note laying on the floor to his right and is debating whether he should stop the photo shoot and pick it up:

This one is marrying Varinder in 30 minutes but has just seen Manjinder walking down the street and is now having second thoughts:

Related image

But....where does it all come from....this 'pretending to look at something far away' approach to fashion photography ?   I'll tell you where it comes from..................1970's catalogues. Back in the 1970's they not only invented it they turned it into an artform. Take these blokes here....basically what they're saying is "that thing far away over there is so brilliant I can't even be bothered to put my trousers on"

Related image

Image result for 1970's underwear catalogue

But those were different times. Those were times when, in order to convince you to buy some underwear, they would place them on the most hideously ugly fat bloke because, as we all know, all men like to buy items of clothing they've seen on hideously ugly fat blokes:

Related image

Ah yes. The golden era of model photography:

1970s 10.jpg

1970s 6.jpg

1970s 7.jpg

1970s 3.jpg

1970s 11.jpg

advert-17-1970s.jpg

1970s 8.jpg

32 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In the days of the empire and 19th century Sikhs seem to to wear long kurta or chola with pyjami and then tie long material/fabric around their waist.  Sikhs definitely looked and dressed better in the old days, they look like princes 

Image result

Image result for sikh soldier 1857

Image resultImage result for sikh empire emily eden

Image result for sikh empire emily eden

Image result for sikh emily eden

Image result for sikh emily eden

Sikh soldier 1860s.jpg

That's actually very interesting Puzzled. Umm...it seems our people have been doing the old 'pretending to look at something far away' since cameras were invented. We may have even invented the genre. :)

Wow those old images sure look cool.  You can't dress like that anymore without being called a muslim.  Dressing up like the trendy color photos from social media incites hankaar and should not be done/encouraged.  Just dress in typical western dress with your paaj how you wish it, or no paaj at all since manbuns are in now.

3 hours ago, namespace said:

Dressing up like the trendy color photos from social media incites hankaar and should not be done/encouraged.  

Incites hankaar in who though namespace ? Everyone or you ?  Controlling hankaar is an individual's own responsibility. It's too easy blaming it on how another is dressed. There are men in isolated rural India, Wales, Australia and Argentina who, through lack of female objects, start to find the goat and cow very attractive because of the way it is not dressed. Do we blame the goat for inciting it ?

• 1 month later...

How's this then for an eclectic mish-mash of tom-fu**ery:

Related image

Jagmeet Singh....."a fashion icon" say some. 
"oh no he isn't" say his own too-short short-shorts:
Related image

Yes. This is a good look:
Image result for punjab2000 funny 1970s singhs fashion

Yes. We do totally believe that no hair dye has come anywhere near that moustache.
Image result for punjab2000 funny 1970s singhs fashion

The outfit is actually quite nice but in my opinion not the right time to be scratching your balls from inside your pocket:
Related image

Yeah. This is alright. I mean you're fat.....what you gonna do.
Related image

I''d like to find him and then kill him. And then find his family and kill them. And the shopkeeper that sold him this sh$t !!!
Image result for 1970s sikhs in suits

Oh for god's sake I give up. I don't wanna play this game no more. Just let me exit this life now. :
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image