Daily flights From Dubia to Amritsar - but no connections from Europe?

Hammertime007

Wheguru je ka Khalsa Wheguru je ke Fateh. Last month an Indian carrier indigo started daily flights from Amritsar to Dubia and the return journey. 

Howver having checked on the Emirates site for Heathrow / Birmingham to Amritsar, they offer nothing with connections with indigo. They offer some 35 - 40 hour journey London /birmingham to dubia then to Delhi then Delhi to Amritsar, with Delhi to Amritsar on some other local flight. 

Missed opportunity for all parties, especially missed revenue. 

i hate planes. from Heathrow to Amritsar there is no option other than from heathrow to uzebekistan or turkmenistan, which ends up being a 5 hour stay, and then straight to amritsar. crap airport, crap food, no english tv nothing. 

or its from heathrow to delhi but then a never ending car journey to Punjab.     

both of these are exhausting journeys. one thing i don't understand is why the people who get into the plane first shove all there stuff into the cabinet things above the seats without considering that other people will need some space as well.

Air India is a nightmare of an Airline and advise all to avoid. it. I travel with Emirates and it makes flying enjoyable. also free/cheap Wifi. There were reports Chandigarh would be getting an international, airport where all the major airlines fly to but nothing has happened with that regard.  Travelling from Dehli to Punjab after a 9-hour flight can be taxing . The best mode of travel from Delhi to Punjab by train 1st class. It took me about 7 hours to get to Jalandhar from Dehli. however, I did stay a few days in New Delhi so  was not jetlag or anything like that 

33 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it's all about India , they do not want tax revenue to go to Punjab direct from airports , the most lucrative trip would be direct from heathrow to amritsar since the world and his sister want to tick amritsar off their go to see/ experience list plus the number of travellers who have bigged up punjab as safer for travellers than delhi .  How many time have we seen direct trips announced and then suddenly they have to go via delhi ....it's BS the travellers end up paying the airport taxes of Delhi international rate then Amritsar local rate .

British Airways, virgin won't do Heathrow to Amritsar direct. Because these airlines make their money from first and business class travellers, punjabis only do economy. Qatar best flight to Amritsar 1.5 hour stop at doha. Then a small plane to Amritsar. Nothing to do with tax in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Hammertime007 said:

British Airways, virgin won't do Heathrow to Amritsar direct. Because these airlines make their money from first and business class travellers, punjabis only do economy. Qatar best flight to Amritsar 1.5 hour stop at doha. Then a small plane to Amritsar. Nothing to do with tax in my opinion. 

I know about the doha flight Mum used it the past two visits . Think about volume of sikhs travelling home and back , it is much more than people going to delhi out of choice .

the whole thing is exhausting, india is just too far. when we went in january we went in Air India. I can't sleep in planes i actually can't sleep anywhere else other than on a bed. I don't understand how people can sleep sitting up straight. so i basically sit there awake for the whole nine hours. I hate the tight seats, screaming children, annoying passengers. What really pissed me off was when the man in front of me did his seat back and shoved it in my face, i was f-ing fuming! i felt like punching his face. i hate being in small tight areas. we got off at delhi, had around 2 hour stay and then flew to amritsar, got off and then had a 3 hour car journey to nanawashahr. i was a zombie at the end of it, had 0 hour sleep, was so tired that the wind blowing could of knocked me over. 

When we go in air turkemenistan or ukbekistan, there is no tv in the planes, the planes are basically poo. then there is like a 5 hour stay in their country.   The worst ones are when you get off at delhi and then are tortured with another 9 hour car journey to nawashahr. 

what also really annoys me is the stupid things that punjabis do on these journeys, how they push and shove you out of the way. basic things like forming a queue just doesn't exist.

i swear one year im gnna lose my patience while traveling.

The landing charges in Delhi is 50% less than the landing charge in Amritsar. Every airline knows the math and this is why they want to avoid Amritsar. No business class in Amritsar as gurgagon (used to industrial city of Punjab before Punjabi suba norcha) was forcibly taken by central govt. From Punjab. Delhi stubbornness do not Want amritsar to become the busiest airport. 

3 hours ago, S1ngh said:

The landing charges in Delhi is 50% less than the landing charge in Amritsar. Every airline knows the math and this is why they want to avoid Amritsar. No business class in Amritsar as gurgagon (used to industrial city of Punjab before Punjabi suba norcha) was forcibly taken by central govt. From Punjab. Delhi stubbornness do not Want amritsar to become the busiest airport. 

Before Amritsar Airport was up running punjabis from UK Canada etc used delhi airport. I would say back then over 40 percent of Delhi airport users went on to Punjab.