Translate this please

GuestSikh06

2 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

Fateh ji,

It only says in what you sent to do the Paath 21 times everyday and before you start working do it 5 times then do an Ardas (like in the Gurudwara Sahib where we stand up and sing tu thakur rhum peh ardaas)

Thank you, I've got the 'Sacred Nitnem' by Mr Harbans Singh Doabia and in the Ardaas section, you can customise the Ardas by putting your wishes, thoughts, desires etc after 'ap de hazur sodar rehras di ardas hai ji' near to the end of the Ardas then asking for forgiveness of mistakes 'akhar vadha ghata bhull chuk maaf karni'. Can someone make a passage for me in Punjabi so I can add it into my Ardas like 'I've done the paath 21 times and 5 times before I open my books and I've been doing this to broaden my knowledge on various topics especially related to exams and to learn punjabi.. something like that because I can't speak Punjabi but good at understanding it.. I'm also going on holiday to India in a few months which will be interesting lol, so need good resources. I showed my mum the instructions but she said it's in a different version of Punjabi can you translate it like how I wrote the passage of the Ardas. 

Many thanks. 

On 11/21/2018 at 11:19 AM, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi Sangat, can someone translate this please it's from a sankat mochan paath and I don't understand the instructions, 

Thank you. 

sankat paath.jpeg

Here's a quick literal interpretation:

"By doing this shabad 21 times everyday, vidiya becomes very much achieved (prapith). At the start (arumbh) of reading (parhnee) the vidya do 5 paats of this shabad and then do an ardaas that the studying be propitious[?] (shub) and for the mental faculties (chit) to remain attached [to the endeavour]. "

Where is this from? 

2 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi happy Gurpurab, I logged into this especially to see if I had any replies for my thread but not as of now. I really want to know soon about how to do it, so I can do it every day.

Thank you.  

For the ardaas you can say ' Aap ji di kirpa de naal, es shabad de 21 paath kite han. Eh paath changi pardai vaste kite han. App ji ne kirpa karni, vidhia ate pardhai da daan bakhshana. Jo pardha oh samaj aave te emtihaan vich madid hove. Kirpa karni ke panjabi bolni aa jaave. '

Translation: with ur grace, 21 recitations have been done of this shabad. This recitation wa done for a good education. Please bless me with the gift of knowlege and education. Whatever I may read, may i understand and may it help.me on my exams. Also bless.me that i can come to speak panjabi. 

I didnt add the 5 paaths, because i think the instructions say to do those when u r abt to open ur books. Like just mentally recite them 5x. And say mentally may my studying be fruiful and my attention remain fixed on studying : 'pardhai safal hovai, chit lagaa rehe'Like a quick silent prayer sitting at ur desk. Then begin. 

Also God understands english. So its really good that u r  saying it in panjabi. After saying it in panjabi, say it again in english in ur own words so u can say it from ur heart. And in case u didnt say it right in panjabi, it wont matter if u repeat it in english. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Here's a quick literal interpretation:

"By doing this shabad 21 times everyday, vidiya becomes very much achieved (prapith). At the start (arumbh) of reading (parhnee) the vidya do 5 paats of this shabad and then do an ardaas that the studying be propitious[?] (shub) and for the mental faculties (chit) to remain attached [to the endeavour]. "

Where is this from? 

Hi, thank you Dally it means a lot. It's an iPhone app called 'Sankat Mochan' with an orange icon. I also have the paaths in book form that my grandma used to keep alongside her malas.

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

For the ardaas you can say ' Aap ji di kirpa de naal, es shabad de 21 paath kite han. Eh paath changi pardai vaste kite han. App ji ne kirpa karni, vidhia ate pardhai da daan bakhshana. Jo pardha oh samaj aave te emtihaan vich madid hove. Kirpa karni ke panjabi bolni aa jaave. '

Translation: with ur grace, 21 recitations have been done of this shabad. This recitation wa done for a good education. Please bless me with the gift of knowlege and education. Whatever I may read, may i understand and may it help.me on my exams. Also bless.me that i can come to speak panjabi. 

I didnt add the 5 paaths, because i think the instructions say to do those when u r abt to open ur books. Like just mentally recite them 5x. And say mentally may my studying be fruiful and my attention remain fixed on studying : 'pardhai safal hovai, chit lagaa rehe'Like a quick silent prayer sitting at ur desk. Then begin. 

Also God understands english. So its really good that u r  saying it in panjabi. After saying it in panjabi, say it again in english in ur own words so u can say it from ur heart. And in case u didnt say it right in panjabi, it wont matter if u repeat it in english. 

Thank you, one of my aunties used to tell me in Punjabi 'learn Punjabi so that you can communicate with Guru Nanak' I think in that context she meant Waheguru, but it's good you cleared that up for me :) 

2 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Thank you, one of my aunties used to tell me in Punjabi 'learn Punjabi so that you can communicate with Guru Nanak' I think in that context she meant Waheguru, but it's good you cleared that up for me :) 

no its really good u r praying in panjabi. also do learn panjabi, it will help u understand gurbani. english translations r good. but when u can understand gurbani, its more beautiful, more personal like Guruji speaking directly to u. also things sound better in panjabi, more formal yet more real

11 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

no its really good u r praying in panjabi. also do learn panjabi, it will help u understand gurbani. english translations r good. but when u can understand gurbani, its more beautiful, more personal like Guruji speaking directly to u. also things sound better in panjabi, more formal yet more real

Thank you for motivating me!

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, GuestSikh06 said:

^^Thank you and yes I'm doing this prayer for my education, which I think you must be assuming already?! Do you or does anyone else know how to prepare for the prayer, do I need a white cloth or kailash filled with water or something. I'm still young but I want to do this for my exams. My grandma has kept the book for over 30 years but I found a digital version with English but the instructions were not. 

Kaka Ji! Don't forget to study/ revise as well. Example, Henry I became king in which year? You can do all d paat in d world but you need to turn to History book for the answer. Good luck.