ADMIN

Do you believe marriages between same-sex couples is valid in Sikh Dharam?

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe marriages between same-sex couples is valid in Sikh Dharam?

• Yes
    • No

NO

Why?  Because then sex is only for the thieves and has no purpose.   Also I live in the US with a very large homosexual population and it is important to note that a person is not simply gay.  Homosexuals typically do many other things that are sinful when compared to your average straight person, not by the basis that they are homosexual but it just comes with the territory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADMIN said:

No, the Anand Kaaraj is between a man and a woman and Vaheguru. Two people of the same gender cannot get married in Sikhi, it simply fuels kaam and nothing else. You end up forgetting about Vaheguru, then you forget about why we are even on this world and waste your life in sinful acts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ADMIN said:

ask the same question on sikhnet and they will try to softpedal ... and say it's up to the individual

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

No, the Anand Kaaraj is between a man and a woman and Vaheguru. Two people of the same gender cannot get married in Sikhi, it simply fuels kaam and nothing else. You end up forgetting about Vaheguru, then you forget about why we are even on this world and waste your life in sinful acts.

who said?

17 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

who said?

Guru Sahiban from Guru Amar Das onwards formed the rehit of Anand Karaj . Never has there been a same sex marriage.A sikh's duty is follow the Guru alone.

OK so first marriage broke up because one girl fell for a GUY ..

second  both were in disguise and used Army person's help to solemnify this gandh(what is it about sikhs in the army my Mama is happy to get his daughter married to some maharastran dude even though they refuse to even come to Punjab to do engagement) , on top of this they did matha tek at vaishnu devi first , why not marry there then ? Fact is Baljit already has a roving eye ...can't see it lasting .

3 hours ago, mahandulai said:

who said?

You have nothing productive to say have you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As a Gay person myself, I would follow the point of a marriage being between a man-woman in a Gurdwara and fully respect that in context. In terms of LGBT people being lustful/sinful, it all depends on your own thoughts on the situation. For example, say if you met me and you came to know I was Gay from my own words, then If you think I'm sinful then all you'll see me is being a sinful individual. At the end of the day for me personally, it's limited to an orientation rather than a lifestyle because it's part of my own build-up and I don't need to push it onto anyone because it's a personal matter that I should only reflect on myself. When it comes to situations about it being in a Gurdwara then I can agree it becomes an issue. I would love to answer any questions and I'm sorry for offending anyone on here as I've noticed some people simply despise it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GuestSikh06 said:

As a Gay person myself, I would follow the point of a marriage being between a man-woman in a Gurdwara and fully respect that in context. In terms of LGBT people being lustful/sinful, it all depends on your own thoughts on the situation. For example, say if you met me and you came to know I was Gay from my own words, then If you think I'm sinful then all you'll see me is being a sinful individual. At the end of the day for me personally, it's limited to an orientation rather than a lifestyle because it's part of my own build-up and I don't need to push it onto anyone because it's a personal matter that I should only reflect on myself. When it comes to situations about it being in a Gurdwara then I can agree it becomes an issue. I would love to answer any questions and I'm sorry for offending anyone on here as I've noticed some people simply despise it. 

it's not that we hate it , but we hate the idea that the people have zero intention to follow the Guru and do a sham of Anand Karaj  much like those atheist/other faith people . it's insulting frankly, better to go get a court marriage .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

it's not that we hate it , but we hate the idea that the people have zero intention to follow the Guru and do a sham of Anand Karaj  much like those atheist/other faith people . it's insulting frankly, better to go get a court marriage .

Hi, I totally agree with that likewise, everyone has different patterns of thinking. I don’t think I’ll ever think to get married at a Gurdwara, it’s insulting. What I do have a problem is, if someone stops an LGBT person from entering a Gurdwara for prayer (suppose it happens). I’m quite strong when it comes to my relationship with Waheguru and I feel like I have moderate lust. But I notice some people I’ve met whom say Gay people are hyper sexual, my opinion to that is they’re in denial of there sexuality and need professional help. This is so interesting, because I’d never have thought this Sikh forum would touch such a topic 🙏

As mentioned previously about sikhnet, above indian news stories, was also posted by Sikhnet website. They promote it very much.

Certainly not allowed and will never be and any such relationship disturbs the balance of kudrat. However, we certainly do not hate them regardless of whatever they do. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GuestSikh06 said:

I have nothing against homosexual people, what i don't like is when people bend maryada and tradition to suit their needs. Your faith is between you and waheguru, the fact that you are gay does not make your relationship any weaker with waheguru. 

And i also don't agree with how innocent primary school kids are being paraded around in gay pride events organized by the school. 

Edited by puzzled
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I have nothing against homosexual people, what i don't like is when people bend maryada and tradition to suit their needs. Your faith is between you and waheguru, the fact that you are gay does not make your relationship any weaker with waheguru. 

And i also don't agree with how innocent primary school kids are being paraded around in gay pride events organized by the school. 

Hi, I like your opinion on the fact that it's the connection between you and Waheguru and that an orientation does not depend on the likelihood of that relationship. When you talk about people bending maryada, do you mean Gursikh LGBT people? I'm sorry I'm just a bit confused about that. And, what made you think that education on Gay rights takes the innocence out of children, I genuinely would love to know why just to understand. In my opinion, it would broaden the child's knowledge of the types of people in this world against any bias. It's also to create a safe space for let's say an LGBT child so that they know they feel welcomed because it's not necessarily an easy thing to deal with by yourself. However, If parents do get upset about this there should be a letter to ask for permission for this kind of education (personal preference), I just think it'd confuse the child even more frankly speaking lol. I know for a fact I'd loved to learn about things like this, as I grew up homophobic until I actually realised I was Gay, that was a big game changer for me :)     

Edited by GuestSikh06