ADMIN

Do you believe marriages between same-sex couples is valid in Sikh Dharam?

Do you believe marriages between same-sex couples is valid in Sikh Dharam?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe marriages between same-sex couples is valid in Sikh Dharam?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi, I like your opinion on the fact that it's the connection between you and Waheguru and that an orientation does not depend on the likelihood of that relationship. When you talk about people bending maryada, do you mean Gursikh LGBT people? I'm sorry I'm just a bit confused about that. And, what made you think that education on Gay rights takes the innocence out of children, I genuinely would love to know why just to understand. In my opinion, it would broaden the child's knowledge of the types of people in this world against any bias. It's also to create a safe space for let's say an LGBT child so that they know they feel welcomed because it's not necessarily an easy thing to deal with by yourself. However, If parents do get upset about this there should be a letter to ask for permission for this kind of education (personal preference), I just think it'd confuse the child even more frankly speaking lol. I know for a fact I'd loved to learn about things like this, as I grew up homophobic until I actually realised I was Gay, that was a big game changer for me :)     

yes brother, our creator exists within everyone, just because someone has a different orientation does not mean that waheguru has a lesser or smaller presence within him. Homosexual people have to control their lust just like heterosexual people do, at the end of the day lust for flesh is still lust regardless of gender. Our body is a like a shrine which houses gods presence within, that's why its important to respect our bodies.This can be hard because as people we are vain and like to look nice and are sexual beings so we look at others lustfully.  what i mean by bending maryada is how people are now changing anand karaj maryada to suit them, interfaith anand karaj is one example, and just like that i don't agree with gay anand karaj because that too is bending maryada to suit them.

i just don't agree with young primary school kids being being introduced to different sexual preferences, they are innocent little children. children at that age don't even know what sex is let alone corrupt their little minds and introduce them to different sexualities. instead its better teaching them about equality of different races etc    they are only little kids. 

but yeah i guess at secondary level they can be educated about different lifestyles etc but when it comes to taking part in parades and stuff then it should be the parents choice. 

i hope i haven't offended you in any way ...

Edited by puzzled
  • Thanks 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

yes brother, our creator exists within everyone, just because someone has a different orientation does not mean that waheguru has a lesser or smaller presence within him. Homosexual people have to control their lust just like heterosexual people do, at the end of the day lust for flesh is still lust regardless of gender. Our body is a like a shrine which houses gods presence within, that's why its important to respect our bodies.This can be hard because as people we are vain and like to look nice and are sexual beings so we look at others lustfully.  what i mean by bending maryada is how people are now changing anand karaj maryada to suit them, interfaith anand karaj is one example, and just like that i don't agree with gay anand karaj because that too is bending maryada to suit them.

i just don't agree with young primary school kids being being introduced to different sexual preferences, they are innocent little children. children at that age don't even know what sex is let alone corrupt their little minds and introduce them to different sexualities. instead its better teaching them about equality of different races etc    they are only little kids. 

but yeah i guess at secondary level they can be educated about different lifestyles etc but when it comes to taking part in parades and stuff then it should be the parents choice. 

i hope i haven't offended you in any way ...

1st paragraph: Yes I totally agree with the lust stuff and especially with social media being on the rise it's hard to not portray and conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner (meaning we're becoming vain as the days go by). Wouldn't you say it's the Gurdwara committee members/Giannis fault who are helping conduct the marriage? The couple simply would be going there to get married so on and so forth.

2nd paragraph: Looking into the whole sex education thing, I remember in primary school we were shown an animated video on intercourse and some of the kids after that came across some inappropriate animated videos which I'm guessing some of you might have an idea of that. And yes, it was in that time frame where everyone started to explore stuff if they had the access. I thought you meant that being LGBT was filth in the first place?! I actually had a secondary sex education as well where they actually brought stuff in to demonstrate what goes on, but I didn't have my own laptop or phone to actually explore more so I guess I'm so lucky in terms of that. Trust me when I say this, in 20 years time the focus won't even be on Gay people only God knows what other orientations there are in any shape or form (even being Gay I'm saying this!!!). 

No offence taken lol, I try to stay humble when it comes to topics like this because it's one of those things you'd only understand if you were actually LGBT, so some opinions don't phase me but religion is important to me. If someone offends me, I tell them ''If God is inside everyone, then why should you stretch that extra mile in hurting someone'' (in other words you hurt a part of God, very philosophical if I say so myself :) ). Then again I'm only 18 so I've got loads more to learn and I'm willing to learn with a positive mind frame!!

Apart from marriages in a Gurdwara, I don't believe in marriages in convenience, forced marriages, honour killings against LGBT people, bashings, beatings of any nature in the name of izzat etc. 

Edited by GuestSikh06
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

No offence taken lol, I try to stay humble when it comes to topics like this because it's one of those things you'd only understand if you were actually LGBT, so some opinions don't phase me but religion is important to me. If someone offends me, I tell them ''If God is inside everyone, then why should you stretch that extra mile in hurting someone'' (in other words you hurt a part of God, very philosophical if I say so myself :) ). Then again I'm only 18 so I've got loads more to learn and I'm willing to learn with a positive mind frame!!

Apart from marriages in a Gurdwara, I don't believe in marriages in convenience, forced marriages, honour killings against LGBT people, bashings, beatings of any nature in the name of izzat etc. 

what do u mean by marriages in conveniance?

8 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

what do u mean by marriages in conveniance?

those which are business transactions I guess such as beards to hide truth of gay man, passport based weddings

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, jkvlondon said:

Guru Sahiban from Guru Amar Das onwards formed the rehit of Anand Karaj . Never has there been a same sex marriage.A sikh's duty is follow the Guru alone.

more like, the issue wasn't even an issue, and brushed over, so basically yeha

22 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

You have nothing productive to say have you?

ur making big claims and have no evidence,

in the real world, everyone would ignore you,

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

those which are business transactions I guess such as beards to hide truth of gay man, passport based weddings

I meant when 2 LGBT people get married undercover as man-woman for the happiness of there family and in-laws. What you are implying is a sham marriage. By the way sorry, what does ''beards to hide truth of gay man'' mean?

@Not2Cool2ArgueI think this answers it maybe :) 

Edited by GuestSikh06

1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

ur making big claims and have no evidence,

in the real world, everyone would ignore you,

Are you oblivious to the fact that everyone is ignoring YOU?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GuestSikh06 said:

I meant when 2 LGBT people get married undercover as man-woman for the happiness of there family and in-laws. What you are implying is a sham marriage. By the way sorry, what does ''beards to hide truth of gay man'' mean?

@Not2Cool2ArgueI think this answers it maybe :) 

a 'beard' is the term used for a sham marriage to hide a gay man's or gay woman's from the general people so what you described just now .

5 hours ago, mahandulai said:

more like, the issue wasn't even an issue, and brushed over, so basically yeha

there have always been homosexual people , just Anand Karaj is the prescribed way to lead a complete grisht jeevan . Guruji knows the innermost hearts of us all so doing a sham marriage fools no one and is only piling up pain for later. Try reading gurbani ... 

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

a 'beard' is the term used for a sham marriage to hide a gay man's or gay woman's from the general people so what you described just now .

Oh thank you, that's such a weird term but yes these things happen way too often :) 

8 minutes ago, GuestSikh06 said:

Hi Sangat, I came across this and found it very interesting if anyone’s interested below: 

C35A254D-C351-420F-90DD-625D8067BB74.png

828A8746-BE0A-4393-821B-6504314502DC.jpeg

but then again this sufi was not active but waiting on Akal Purakh's mehr while he was doing bhagti ...please try not to put words in Guru ji's mouth he has told us what is our path . Akal Purakh ji sees our hearts and actions Akal Purakh is not for/against anyone , neutral thus Guru ji is neutral towards paapi and punni , he does kirpa on all according to our karams .

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

but then again this sufi was not active but waiting on Akal Purakh's mehr while he was doing bhagti ...please try not to put words in Guru ji's mouth he has told us what is our path . Akal Purakh ji sees our hearts and actions Akal Purakh is not for/against anyone , neutral thus Guru ji is neutral towards paapi and punni , he does kirpa on all according to our karams .

First of all, those are not my own words. 

Second of all, it's for educational purposes ''for people interested''.

No more and no less, and this was not related to marriage it's an interesting story especially because today is Gurpurab and my thoughts are on Guru Nanak. There's no part of me ''putting words into Guru Ji's mouth'' how rude of you?!

Edited by GuestSikh06

Just now, GuestSikh06 said:

First of all, those are not my own words. 

Second of all, it's for education purposes ''for people interested''.

No more and no less, and this was not related to marriage it's an interesting story especially because today is Gurpurab and my thoughts are on Guru Nanak. There's no part of me ''putting words into Guru Ji's mouth'' how rude of you?!

bro I'm not being rude , but I have had the experience of another gay sikh twisting and inserting words to justify lifestyle ...didn't want anyone go down that line because it is dangerous for that person's future happiness. Guru ji treated Kauda a cannibal just the same as Sajjan thug  same as all the others who wanted his kirpa.