Dealing with child's death

Guest gurukachakkar

Guest gurukachakkar

Sadh Sangat ji,

I need your opinion on how to deal with situation when your 5 year old kid is dying of cancer. My son has been suffering from this deadly disease since 2.5 years with multiple relapses and now is progressing like wildfire and I suspect few weeks are left. Though I have full faith in Guruji from very start and he has taken great seva from me in terms of gurbani paath reading, nitnem, sangat, shabad keertan, sehaj path but disease is not showing any signs of regression or even control. Even these days I am able to spend few hours doing path, naam bani and everything. With Guru's grace, our family (including my son) was able to visit Harmandir Sahib and take ishnaan and I felt very positive there and there was control in disease for few days after that. I still have opinion "Andin sahib sevoye ant chadaye soe" but time is running out. His pains have already started and we are giving him herbal medicine which may take long time to show effect (and we don't have luxury of time). Though doctors have said don't give chemotherapy, I usual insist on giving one as my son is able to deal with i reasonably well and it is able to prolong life by few days to week which means it gives more time for herbal medicines to make impact.

can you tell me if I am being unnecessarily positive due to love for child or is it my faith in Guru that he will save my child even if physical signs indicate otherwise. I am still not accepting defeat though some part of me is relenting. Are there any options for saving my child in this very last phase or should I accept HIS will (which is very difficult as I feel Guru Sahib just wants me to change and hopefully in the end he will be good)

Waheguru Ji... 

Being father of 3 kids, I can understand how much tough position you are in and how hurtful it is. 
All I can say is that you are doing the best for your child. Create the Gurmat and Gurbani environment in your home specially around your child. I wish I could say more to support my fellow brother/sister during this tough time. I will do ardas to Waheguru Ji for the better welfare of your loved one. Stay in chardikala spirits.

Guest Vaheguru13

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khals Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

I was so heartbroken to read this. Penji please ring this below number (Baba Ghola Singh Ji Bauli Sahib wale) - they are Bhramgyani Mahapursh and they will do Ardaas for your child to be cured of this evil disease. Keep ringing day and night until you can get through to them. I vouch for Baba Ji 100%.

They are in India. Oh Vaheguru may a mother never have to see her child leave this earth! My heart is broken just thinking about your situation. Vaheguru kirpa karai.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:04 AM, Guest gurukachakkar said:

Sadh Sangat ji,

I need your opinion on how to deal with situation when your 5 year old kid is dying of cancer. My son has been suffering from this deadly disease since 2.5 years with multiple relapses and now is progressing like wildfire and I suspect few weeks are left. Though I have full faith in Guruji from very start and he has taken great seva from me in terms of gurbani paath reading, nitnem, sangat, shabad keertan, sehaj path but disease is not showing any signs of regression or even control. Even these days I am able to spend few hours doing path, naam bani and everything. With Guru's grace, our family (including my son) was able to visit Harmandir Sahib and take ishnaan and I felt very positive there and there was control in disease for few days after that. I still have opinion "Andin sahib sevoye ant chadaye soe" but time is running out. His pains have already started and we are giving him herbal medicine which may take long time to show effect (and we don't have luxury of time). Though doctors have said don't give chemotherapy, I usual insist on giving one as my son is able to deal with i reasonably well and it is able to prolong life by few days to week which means it gives more time for herbal medicines to make impact.

can you tell me if I am being unnecessarily positive due to love for child or is it my faith in Guru that he will save my child even if physical signs indicate otherwise. I am still not accepting defeat though some part of me is relenting. Are there any options for saving my child in this very last phase or should I accept HIS will (which is very difficult as I feel Guru Sahib just wants me to change and hopefully in the end he will be good).

it's very hard to not be affected when the child is your own and of such a tender age . Don't feel guilty for your response

Have you tried watching and doing the paat of sarab rog ka aukad naam camps , they have youtube channel so you can play it in the home so it will help people unable to make it to camps .  Chemotherapy weakens the system too much so takes up a lot of energy to recover from it and not be able to use any energy to respond to other meds . I'm sure you want him to have quality of life during this time rather than listless , unable to enjoy anything .  Perhaps playing sukhmani sahib in the home constantly will help ALL of you also .

May guru sahib keep you and your family in chardikala during these tough times.

Maybe you can take your son to darbar sahib, taran taran sahib, bangla sahib or other gurdwara sahibs with sarovar and get his ishnaan done there daily. Or if that is not an option, maybe bring amrit jal and give that to him everday as much as possible if your are not doing that already. 

Guest Gurmahekkaur

Sat Sri Akal,

Keep giving him Amrit and also do a lot of path in the house, it will bring him peace and reduce his pain. 

Cancer, is not an easy disease to tackle, but God has his ways. Miracles exist.

Stay in positive spirit, always be cheerful with him, he is only a child. Seeing you happy will make it easier for him to fight with his condition. May God always be with him.

If you ever feel lost, do ardaas and get a Hukamnama God will guide you.

Good luck,

God bless you