Eradicating Anand Karaj & Sikhi from the planet

Guest RSS Hindutva

No offense to anyone but non sikhs dressed like punjabis for the anand karaj look very stupid. They end up looking like they've dressed up for a fancy dress party. What's wrong with a gori wearing a white dress and veil or a gorah wearing a suit, why make them look like clowns and dress them in ethnic clothes. They end up looking like they've turned up to a Aladdin themed fancy dress party 

Guest Common Sense
On 11/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, puzzled said:

What's wrong with sikhs having registry marriage? Anand karaj is a option isn't it? So what's wrong with a sikh marrying their non sikh partner with a registry marriage. Or even two sikhs having a registry marriage ... 

The question is do we want to link as much new Sangat and their future children in to the Gurdwara as possible? As a couple voluntarily wanting to get an Anand Karaj is a great opportunity if we utilise it to connect them and attendees with Sikhi.

Or is it better that couples are steered away from connecting to the Sikh Panth and told to bog off and go get a Registry or Church wedding or go to a Dera or Mandir? 

If the latter, then we are doing a good job at that already by forcing more and more to abandon Anand Karaj (even where both are of Punjabi Sikh ancestry) and Gurdwara altogether. Which is fine, if that is our aim.

But then we shouldn't really complain about Genocides of 1947 and 1984 when Amritdhari's like Badal are a tiny 3% minority in Punjab. Either we want Sikhi to grow or we want it to die off year by year in the Diaspora and become a minority even in east Punjab. 

Suppose there are 100 young Sikh guys and 100 young Sikh women of marriage age in your town. And 20 of the Sikh guys marry women from other cultures then does that mean that the corresponding 20 Sikh women (in excess of the 80 remaining Sikh guys) should remain spinsters or be excluded from having an Anand Karaj?

By excluding 20% of Sikh each generation then pretty soon there won't be much of a Diaspora Sikh population left. This is about simple mathematics.

Admin Note: Same ip beloging to these members - SinghSabha1699, DhadrianwaleZindabad, SukhaSinghMehtab2015, GareebSikh1699, isingh1699, SheikhYoBooty

Guest Gori Sikh
On 11/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, puzzled said:

No offense to anyone but non sikhs dressed like punjabis for the anand karaj look very stupid.

Image result for modern sikh weddings

Admin Note: Same ip beloging to these members - SinghSabha1699, DhadrianwaleZindabad, SukhaSinghMehtab2015, GareebSikh1699, isingh1699, SheikhYoBooty

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
40 minutes ago, Guest Common Sense said:

The question is do we want to link as much new Sangat and their future children in to the Gurdwara as possible? As a couple voluntarily wanting to get an Anand Karaj is a great opportunity if we utilise it to connect them and attendees with Sikhi.

Or is it better that couples are steered away from connecting to the Sikh Panth and told to bog off and go get a Registry or Church wedding or go to a Dera or Mandir? 

If the latter, then we are doing a good job at that already by forcing more and more to abandon Anand Karaj (even where both are of Punjabi Sikh ancestry) and Gurdwara altogether. Which is fine, if that is our aim.

But then we shouldn't really complain about Genocides of 1947 and 1984 when Amritdhari's like Badal are a tiny 3% minority in Punjab. Either we want Sikhi to grow or we want it to die off year by year in the Diaspora and become a minority even in east Punjab. 

Suppose there are 100 young Sikh guys and 100 young Sikh women of marriage age in your town. And 20 of the Sikh guys marry women from other cultures then does that mean that the corresponding 20 Sikh women (in excess of the 80 remaining Sikh guys) should remain spinsters or be excluded from having an Anand Karaj?

By excluding 20% of Sikh each generation then pretty soon there won't be much of a Diaspora Sikh population left. This is about simple mathematics.

Who are you ?    That's one question.

Why is a Mod masquerading as a 'guest' ?   That's another.

Funny and strange how one Mod has still not posted all messages written by all guests over the last 3 days and yet mysteriously seemingly approved and even posted yours that you wrote in reply to a point someone made 12 mins earlier. 

Written, posted and appeared all within 12 mins ?   Other Mods.......you might wanna look into what this particular Mod is up to....particularly as other threads did indeed have people writing messages for them but this particular Mod is more than happy for the forum to die a slow and sad death rather than maintain a vibrant discussion forum.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:19 AM, Guest Anand Karaj 4 all said:

Well JKVLondon married her white Christian boyfriend in an Anand Karaj so should she have been banned too and told to marry at a Church!? No! It was the very fact that the Anand Karaj helped bind her family to the Gurdwara more that means her husband and four children are Sikhs today! Obviously by her husband doing matha tek in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj he committed to becoming a new Sikh and is still one today.

Do you have proof that she is married to a white guy?

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

No offense to anyone but non sikhs dressed like punjabis for the anand karaj look very stupid. They end up looking like they've dressed up for a fancy dress party. What's wrong with a gori wearing a white dress and veil or a gorah wearing a suit, why make them look like clowns and dress them in ethnic clothes. They end up looking like they've turned up to a Aladdin themed fancy dress party 

BRIDE: white dress -ok veil- nono  , colours are not important for marriage  although people love quoting 'lal rang tis ko laga jis ke vadbhaga' to justify their loud choices

hubby wore a nehru collar suit off peg from Reed. only ethnic wear was dastar because he kept his dhardhi from before mangni (three years) and refused to dishonour Guru ji's darbar by wearing a do-rag or hankie (as he put a nose wiper).  Dressing like that at our mangni in front of people who knew and has talked to him without dastar they couldn't tell the difference and  kept coming up to him and speaking tet punjabi on the day of the mangni . guess it's a case of being comfortable in their clothes and having right attitude.  I've seen plenty apney munde trying way too hard to fit the fashion mag look and looking totally out of place . Focus should be on Guru ji not ourselves so much , I didn't know what I would have been wearingon the day  because no one asked me , I just trusted my Nana ji in India and left the rest to Waheguru ji.

42 minutes ago, Guest Proof said:

Do you have proof that she is married to a white guy?

yes i married a white guy nearly 23 years ago , he doesn't go church or follow christ but goes Gurdwara and Guru ji is his support in life( for those who keep calling him christian) he has kept his full kesh and dharda remains prakash inciting much beard love  from strangers (kinda embarassing witnessing the droolfest) . This time of year he makes many people especially little ones happy just by his look , yep its getting snowy .  We have four children together all sikh .

Guest Respect Sister
On 11/30/2018 at 2:52 PM, jkvlondon said:

yes i married a white guy nearly 23 years ago , he doesn't go church or follow christ but goes Gurdwara and Guru ji is his support in life( for those who keep calling him christian) he has kept his full kesh and dharda remains prakash inciting much beard love  from strangers (kinda embarassing witnessing the droolfest) . This time of year he makes many people especially little ones happy just by his look , yep its getting snowy .  We have four children together all sikh .

Big respect Sister - all Sangat support you and ignore the haters.

Your example of raising 4 children Sikhs + bringing husband into Sikhi is the way!

13 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

BRIDE: white dress -ok veil- nono  , colours are not important for marriage  although people love quoting 'lal rang tis ko laga jis ke vadbhaga' to justify their loud choices

hubby wore a nehru collar suit off peg from Reed. only ethnic wear was dastar because he kept his dhardhi from before mangni (three years) and refused to dishonour Guru ji's darbar by wearing a do-rag or hankie (as he put a nose wiper).  Dressing like that at our mangni in front of people who knew and has talked to him without dastar they couldn't tell the difference and  kept coming up to him and speaking tet punjabi on the day of the mangni . guess it's a case of being comfortable in their clothes and having right attitude.  I've seen plenty apney munde trying way too hard to fit the fashion mag look and looking totally out of place . Focus should be on Guru ji not ourselves so much , I didn't know what I would have been wearingon the day  because no one asked me , I just trusted my Nana ji in India and left the rest to Waheguru ji.

yes white looks good, by veil i mean this thing that christian brides wear, looks like a chunni. Yes honestly goris having anand karaj don't need the whole fancy dress christmas tree indian bridal look.   imo traditional European brides look a lot better 

Image result for mexican bride veil

8xw:*;right[0.02xw],bottom[0.02xw]|RJmqrP23Dz8EaRRxMm5bs07f5pu42i2f

yeah your right a lot of apne guys are starting to look like clowns as well on their weddings, even men have started wearing dangly jewelry, floral prints, flowey  fabrics etc