Do you trust other Sikhs?

puzzled

On 11/30/2018 at 5:18 AM, Guest Singh said:

I used to trust sikhs a lot. When I saw someone with a turban and beard I looked up to them. But recently I’ve been ripped off by two sikhs in a business deal. I felt really bad as I didn’t think my own people would betray me. So going forward I will be a lot more cautious.

thats what they do, thats what i mean by unhealthy love for money, some will tear apart their own people for money. 

On 11/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, puzzled said:

Do you trust sikhs?

Would you approach a sikh for help?

Would you share your problems  with another sikh? Personal problems, alcohol issues etc 

If you were short of 20p would you approach a sikh and ask for change or would you feel more comfortable approaching a gora or kala

How much trust and faith do you actually have in other Sikhs however big or small the problem may be ? 

Well I have been physically and emotionally harassed by many Sikhs. 

So no, I wouldn't trust just any Sikh. A good soul, who has proven to be trustworthy, and not belonging to any religion, as Nanak taught us there is no religion, only One Truth, I would ask. 

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What like the Saudis and Turks right now? Or Sunnis and Shias historically? 

Yeah the Saudis and Iranians are having a proxy war in Yemen which has resulted in the death of thousands of yemini Muslims.  There is actually a lot of disunity among Muslims. We just have this perception that they are tight knit.  A lot of Muslims don't trust each other.my first driving instructor was a Punjabi and he used to get a lot of paki students and he said they used to say they don't trust the paki driving instructors.  Same with building work    in my area all the pakis get apne builders to repair their houses. There is a lot of mistrust among them.

Last year the Saudi government deported 1000s of Pakistani workers for security reasons in case some of them were terrorists. 

23 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah the Saudis and Iranians are having a proxy war in Yemen which has resulted in the death of thousands of yemini Muslims.  There is actually a lot of disunity among Muslims. We just have this perception that they are tight knit.  A lot of Muslims don't trust each other.my first driving instructor was a Punjabi and he used to get a lot of paki students and he said they used to say they don't trust the paki driving instructors.  Same with building work    in my area all the pakis get apne builders to repair their houses. There is a lot of mistrust among them.

Last year the Saudi government deported 1000s of Pakistani workers for security reasons in case some of them were terrorists. 

I'm not too trusting of apnay myself, but to think sullay have better unity than us is a fallacy I reckon. 

I think the unity amongst sullay we see today is relatively modern phenomena that is the result of funded Wahhabi/salafist type parchaar (usually from up north/midlands) that became quite popular from the late 80s onwards (in London where I grew up at least). This 'parchaar' was very successful in the context of the rampantly open racist environment in the UK at the time. Plus, I think it is really important for apnay to recognise and remember that part of this parchaar's success was also as an alternative to the Panjabi peasant culture of drinking and bhangra-paaing that was VERY POPULAR with many 'asians' way back then, not just apnay. You would hardly find any sulli janinis with a hijab on in my time at school for example, compare that to now. So it was young, Brit educated sullay (a lot of them were street guys) who jumped on this interpretation of Islam, which was empowering for them. And it did go somewhere in trying to foster unity amongst all the different races in islam (with hindsight I think this was more successful than Sikh attempts to combat casteism amongst themselves). 

I think this 'unity' amongst them is now declining, mainly because of military defeats in the mid-east. Putin has dealt with the jihadis out there quite successfully compared to the ineffective yank and brit endeavours. 

And let's keep our eyes open. Most of these wars, be they in Afghanistan, Mid-east, Pak, Yemen etc. etc. are essentially different factions of sullay killing each other, even if you have some devious white men lurking around in the shadows of this all. 

20 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I'm not too trusting of apnay myself, but to think sullay have better unity than us is a fallacy I reckon. 

I think the unity amongst sullay we see today is relatively modern phenomena that is the result of funded Wahhabi/salafist type parchaar (usually from up north/midlands) that became quite popular from the late 80s onwards (in London where I grew up at least). This 'parchaar' was very successful in the context of the rampantly open racist environment in the UK at the time. Plus, I think it is really important for apnay to recognise and remember that part of this parchaar's success was also as an alternative to the Panjabi peasant culture of drinking and bhangra-paaing that was VERY POPULAR with many 'asians' way back then, not just apnay. You would hardly find any sulli janinis with a hijab on in my time at school for example, compare that to now. So it was young, Brit educated sullay (a lot of them were street guys) who jumped on this interpretation of Islam, which was empowering for them. And it did go somewhere in trying to foster unity amongst all the different races in islam (with hindsight I think this was more successful than Sikh attempts to combat casteism amongst themselves). 

I think this 'unity' amongst them is now declining, mainly because of military defeats in the mid-east. Putin has dealt with the jihadis out there quite successfully compared to the ineffective yank and brit endeavours. 

And let's keep our eyes open. Most of these wars, be they in Afghanistan, Mid-east, Pak, Yemen etc. etc. are essentially different factions of sullay killing each other, even if you have some devious white men lurking around in the shadows of this all. 

It's interesting you say that because I watched a documentary on Netflix about the radicalization of Islam in britian back in the 70s and 80s. 

The radical Islamic preachers took advantage of the white racists(Christians) abusing the the Muslims, evil western people against Muslims.

They interviewed a few muslim men who were young back then and got influenced by these preachers. One guy was bullied and abused really badly by white people and then turned to religion where he came across the radical preachers. He said the radical preachers were like heroes, they gave you confidence and support. 

But the cracks have started to show. This might sound far fetched but I think the influence of radical Islam is going to collapse in the near future. You can tell all these street dawah men have no future, it's a one trick pony.  

Pressure is building up in the Islamic world, it will only lead to destruction. 

Iv read how back in the days some countries in the middle East were more liberal than the European countries of those days. Iv seen photos of Iranian students walking around in mini skirts with their hair out.