Skinny Sikhs

Big_Tera

15 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

lol trying amrit dharis to do jhatka and shikaar.

First modern amrit dharis need to follow shastar maryada, ie learn shastar. They can't even do that, and we expect them to then do jhtka...

very maryada-less amrit dharis we have today. They think doing paat alone is enough, they should understand they are not sehajdharis, and understand they are not taking charan amrit but pahul from khanda!

there is NO difference between both pahuls, if you are trying to imply that only under Khande di pahul  you had a duty to train up and gain martial skills, that was the order from time of Guru Atjan Dev ji

On 12/4/2018 at 3:51 PM, mahandulai said:

big people get diabetes, you don't want that.

u want lean bodies like footballers. its the best. theyre the strongest for most people.

Good point actually. 

Best to be slim and toned and do plenty of excerise. 

But I have aeen aome who are overly skinny. We should aim for a healthy weight. Not to thin and to to fat. 

4 hours ago, imhosingh said:

What a load of tosh. Saying skinny = weak reeks of small man syndrome. Look at Bruce Lee ...he was a scrawny little bloke, was he tough? Look at most soldiers  (even the singhs of ww1 and ww2 )they are skinny /lean as it is the ideal for endurance . No you telling me the gym monkeys of today with their protein shakes are stronger than those guys? Go over to the Panjab and test your strength against the blokes who work in the fields all day..see how strong you are. Society had conditioned you into thinking muscles = strength, if that was the case the blokes on abercrombie adverts would be some of the toughest guys going 

Where did I say skinny equals weak? I also wrote people who are overweight with pot bellies are also weak. 

On 12/4/2018 at 4:24 PM, Amit12 said:

I think he is emphasizing on Sikhs Being WEAK...

In my opinion the parents should encourage kids to do sports in school and go gym and actually do it with them so they have another inspiration and motivation to get strong. In schools they offer so many sports like football rugby cricket athletics swimming, there are even big gyms in schools now and loads are partenered with local sports centres so there shouldn't be an excuse now. 

20 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

In my opinion the parents should encourage kids to do sports in school and go gym and actually do it with them so they have another inspiration and motivation to get strong. In schools they offer so many sports like football rugby cricket athletics swimming, there are even big gyms in schools now and loads are partenered with local sports centres so there shouldn't be an excuse now. 

been reading about how exercise affects learning ability it increases it immensely , doing team sports is ok but there is a lot of waiting around , what this school district in Naperville did is get kids to do one mile run before school everyday , instead making it about competition they used heart rate monitors and split timings to get the kids to improve against themselves . What they found was where old school methods of just timing kids would mean discouraging kids who were slower but actually putting in harder work by saying 'speed up!'  the HRMs helped them see the hidden work and say something positive  instead .

the teaching of their most difficult subject immediately after meant great improvements in uptake and test results , generally self-motivated to stay fit as over 18 activities were offered so they could find something that they liked doing but they still hit 80% of MHR , obesity disappeared , only one child was overweight and they were happier as they have found exercise has better results than zoloft for depression, and positive results in ADHD spectrum kids .

Our Ancestors had the right ideas trains hard to increase physical and mental prowess.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:08 AM, Amit12 said:

I Think if you want to look like a SINGH ( LION ), then you have to eat like a SINGH too.... if Gurus had any problem with Animal food then GUru Gobind Singh ji would probably name us after a COW or Something ( who only eats Grass ) and not after a LION ( whose diet is only Meat ).

Lions also go out hunt and kill to get their food,  jackals, hyenas and vultures don't kill but eat already dead and killed animal left overs.

So do you kill for your food and meat like a Lion?

Or do you eat already killed dead animals like jackals and vultures?  In that case then the butcher is the lion while your the jackal 

5 hours ago, puzzled said:

Lions also go out hunt and kill to get their food,  jackals, hyenas and vultures don't kill but eat already dead and killed animal left overs.

So do you kill for your food and meat like a Lion?

Or do you eat already killed dead animals like jackals and vultures?  In that case then the butcher is the lion while your the jackal 

The whole point of using that line is that if Our Gurus had any problem with eating meat... i dont think they would've given us name of a carnivore