British cruelty in India

puzzled

its a chapter in our history that we often forget. British were sly and systematically destroy all records of cruelty and slavery in India when they decided to sail back to Britain. 

here is a photo of a local resident of Amritsar being forced to crawl through the street, General Dyer introduced a crawling order on a street where some English woman was assaulted. Every resident of the street had to crawl on their bellies whenever using the street. There were reports of a heavily pregnant woman forced to also move on her belly.

53477.jpg  

After the incident, General o dyer ordered the construction of a flogging booth where Indian men were flogged. here are photos of a Singh getting flogged and beaten

t=topfoto&f=EU002020&z=450thumbnail-by-url.json?size=w400&type=IMAGE&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topfoto.co.uk%2Fimageflows%2Fimagepreview%2Ff%3DEU002018

thumbnail-by-url.json?size=w400&type=IMAGE&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.topfoto.co.uk%2Fimageflows%2Fimagepreview%2Ff%3DEU002010

The British exported grains out of India resulting in millions of Indians starving to death. here are photos mostly from Bihar, Bengal of starving Indians under the British rule.

Related image

Image result for indian famine caused by british

Indians being hung 

610px-Felice_Beato_%28British%2C_born_Italy_-_Two_Sepoys_of_the_31st_Native_Infantry%2C_Who_Were_Hanged_at_Lucknow%2C_1857_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Our people suffered a lot under the British Raj and its something that we should never forget

Rattan Devi a resident of Amritsar spent the night at Jallianwala bagh after the massacre guarding her husbands body. Here is her narration of her experience 

Image result for rattan devi amritsar

” I was in my house near Jallianwala Bagh when I heard the shots fired. I was then lying down. I got up at once as I was axious, because my husband had gone to the Bagh. I began to cry, and went to the place accompanied by two women to help me. There I saw heaps of dead bodies and I began to search for my husband. After passing through that heap, I found the dead body of my husband. The way towards it was fulll of blood and of dead bodies. After a short time, both the sons of Lala Sunder came there; and i asked them to bring a charpai (cot) to carry the dead body of my husband home. The boys accordingly went home and I sent away the two women also. By this time, it was eight o’clock and no one could stir out of his house, because of the curfew order. I stood waiting and crying. At about 8:30p.m. a Sikh gentleman came. There were others who were looking for someone amongst the dead. I did not know them. I entreated the Sikh gentleman to help me in removing my husband’s body to a dry place, for that place was overflowing with blood. He caught the body by the head and I by the legs, and we carried it to a dry place and laid it down on a wooden block. I waited up to 10 p.m. but no one arrived there. I got up and started downwards Katra Ahluwalia. I thought of asking some students from the Thakurdwara to help me in carrying my husband home. I had not gone far, when some man sitting in a window in an adjacent house asked me where I was going at that late hour. I said, I wanted some men to carry my husband’s dead body home. He said, he was attending a wounded man and as it was past 8 p.m. nobody could help me then. Then I started towards Katra and another man asked me the same question. I made the same appeal to him and he gave  me the same answer. i had gone hardly three or four steps, when i saw an old man smoking and some people sleeping by his side. I repeated the whole sad story to him with hands folded. He took great pity upon me and asked those men to go with me. They said that it was ten o’clock, and that they would not like to be shot down. That was no time to stir out; how could they go out so far? So I went back and seated myself by the side of my husband. Accidently, I found a bamboo stick which I kept in my hands to keep off dogs. I saw three men writhing in agony, a buffalo struggling in pain; and a boy, about twelve years old, in agony entreated me not to leave the place. I told him that I could not go anywhere leaving the dead body of my husband. I asked him if he wanted any wrap, and if he was feeling cold, I could spread it over him. But he asked for water, but water could not be procured at that place”.

” I heard the clock striking at regular intervals of one hour. At two o’clock, a Jat, belonging to Sultan Village, who was lying entangled in a wall, asked me to go near him and to raise his leg. I got up and, taking hold of his clothes, drenched in blood, raised the leg up. After that, no one else came till half past five. At about six, L. Sunder Dass, his sons and some people from my street came with a charpai, and I bought my husband home. I saw other people at the Bagh in search of thier relatives. I passed my whole night there. It was impossible for me to describe what I felt. Heaps of dead bodies lay there, some on thier backs and some with thier faces upturned. A number of them were poor innocent children. I shall never forget the sight. I was all alone the whole night in that solitary jungle. Nothing but the barking dogs, or the braying of donkeys was audible. Amidst hundreds of corpses, I passed my night, crying and watching. I cannot say more. What I experienced that night is known only to me and to God. “

Guest GuestSingh

next year marks the 100th anniversary of jallianwala bagh and the white devil still cant say sorry...

here's what else they did....

sakanankana1a.jpg

Saka Nankana was a peaceful agitation by Sikhs to take over the Gurdwara Sahib which was historic as it was the birthplace of the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The Mahant hired over 400 goons and turned the Gurdwara Sahib into a fort to kill innocent Sikhs. Sikhs were brutally tortured and killed by the Mahant in one of the bloodiest events in Sikh history.

British government assisted Mahant Narain Das by providing guns, pistols and ammunition and putting a blind eye to the preparations and plans of the Mahant to kill Sikhs. Around 200 Sikhs became martyrs in Saka Nankana Sahib and eventually the Gurdwara Sahib was freed.

Guest GuestSingh

sakagurukabagh.jpg

Saka Guru Ka Bagh occurred after a Mahant Sundar Das refused to handover a property belonging to the Gurdwara taken over the SGPC. The Sikhs wanted to cut firewood from the Gurdwara property but the Mahant objected that led to agitation. The police, willing to oblige the Mahant, arrested on August 9, 1922, five Sikhs on charges of trespass. These arrests were made not on Sundar Das’ complaint, but on a confidential report received by the police.

Thousands of Sikhs arrived at the Gurdwara and that’s when the British started to terrorize the reformers by beating them, ripping their turbans off and dragging them by the hair, and torturing them with their batons.

Everyday Sikhs by the thousands arrived according to Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee records, 5,605 Sikhs went to jail.

Akalis Killed During Saka Guru Ka Baghakalis killed

Guest GuestSingh

jaito1a

Jaito Da Morcha occurred after the Maharaja of Nabha was removed from his throne by supporting the Akalis who were launching various morchas to free Gurdwaras and campaigning for Independence.

The British removed the Maharaja which upset Akalis causing the SGPC to protest against the decision. Many Sikh Jathas led marches to the Nabha territory and that’s when the police started arresting countless Sikhs.

S. Zimand, a New York Times correspondent who witnessed the jalhd on the march, observed: “The Jatha was moving in perfect order and nonviolence with large crowds of public on its right and left, five Nishan Sahibs in the front and Guru Granth in the middle.” On 20 February 1924, the jalhd reached Bargari, a village on Nabha Faridkot border, barely 10 km from Jaito. AtJaito, about 150 metres from Gurdwara Tibbi Sahib, stood the Nabha administrator, Wilson Johnston, with a large force of state constabulary. On 21 February, the jathe marched on towards the Gurdwara, refusing to stop or disperse as demanded by Wilson Johnston.The administrator ordered the army to open fire, In two volleys of fire lasting about five minutes, several fell dead.

The official estimate of the casualties was 19 dead and 29 injured. The Akali figures were much higher. The firing on the peaceful jathd of Akalis caused resentment throughout the country. On 28 February 1924, another 500 strong shaheed jathe left Amritsar for Jaito where it was taken into custody on 14 March. Thirteen more 500 strong reached Jaito and courted arrest.

Guest GuestSingh

amritsar1a

The British invaded the buildings around the parikarma and the invasion was a direct attack on the spirituality of Sri Harmandir Sahib. They would convert Sikhs to Christianity directly across the most sacred shrine of the Sikhs a ruthless stand on religious sensitivity by the British.

After a Christian Missionary center, the British then converted the building into a prison, a court room, and police station during 1890. The prison remained for many years until the Singh Sabha Lehar started and Sikhs became aware of their faith. The Akalis started agitations all through Punjab and finally in 1920 Sikhs were able to gain control of Sri Harmandir Sahib by British appointed mahants.

Guest GuestSingh

A shocking story has surfaced which details how the British Sportsmen used Indian babies for hunting crocodiles. The inhuman behavior of the British shows that they were willing to go to far extents to meet their pleasures even risking the life of a baby.

Untkkssitledss

The New York Sun Reported:
“Lured By Babies”

How the British Sportsmen Hunt Crocodiles in India

“We used to have great sport in India going after crocodiles with Hindu babies for bait,” said an ex-officer of the British Army. The baby wasn’t baited on a book like a minnow or fish work, but simply secured on the river bank so that it couldn’t creep or toddle away or tumble into the river. Some babies don’t like their being made crocodile bait of, but that fact increased their value to sportsmen, for then they yelled and made a great noise, which was just what the crocodiles were waiting to hear, and they’d come hurrying from all directions to have a chance at the babies.

” Where did we get these babies for bait? From their mothers. All the fellow who wanted to go crocodiling had to do was to noise abroad his intention, and it wasn’t long before native women woul flock in with their babies to be rented out for bait. The ruling price per heard for the young heathen was about 6 cents for the day. Some mothers require a guanrantee that their offspring should be returned.

kdk56cs

On 12/2/2018 at 11:20 AM, puzzled said:

its a chapter in our history that we often forget.

Great seva, bro. I salute you. Keep posting more info in this thread.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:20 AM, puzzled said:

British were sly and systematically destroy all records of cruelty and slavery in India when they decided to sail back to Britain. 

Could you please post references? It's one thing to say this stuff among ourselves, but if you have to defend yourself (like Jagraj Singh did that in that BBC talk show), you have to cite your sources.

Britishers were just white mughals, perhaps WORSE ! 

the problem is mughal cruelties are very clear to everyone , especially sikhs. Britishers on the other hand have to an extent successfully cleared the bloody image of their gory past. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME. 

when will they get their karma ? please tell me god 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
10 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Britishers were just white mughals, perhaps WORSE ! 

the problem is mughal cruelties are very clear to everyone , especially sikhs. Britishers on the other hand have to an extent successfully cleared the bloody image of their gory past. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME. 

when will they get their karma ? please tell me god 

AjeetSinghPunjabi, a few points:

1) Deleted

2) Everything, not just colonial history....EVERYTHING.....is a white distortion of history. We live in a world in which white is the default of good and virteous. The only way to counter that is by arming yourself with knowledge and making them feel uncomfortable by making them confront their priveledges.

3) As colonial powers go.....we were lucky we had the British and not the French. Had we been a French colony both Sikhi and Hinduism would be things of the past right now.

4) "shame...shame ...shame" by someone that takes and delivers up the jacksy is "pot....kettle.....black"