opinion please: such dharney are suitable for Guru ji's Darbar ?

jkvlondon

Such dharney are making light of Guru Nanak Dev ji's message and its effect . Is it time to restrict their use in Darbar since  Gurbani is being pushed aside for it  and the sangat is getting dumbed down ? Do we need to stop personalities becoming more important than Guru ji's message, because these days a shabad doesn't get referred back to Guru Sahiban but the singer that's so and so's shabad even to the extent I've heard Radha swami shabad or Namdhari shabad ?

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Such dharney are making light of Guru Nanak Dev ji's message and its effect . Is it time to restrict their use in Darbar since  Gurbani is being pushed aside for it  and the sangat is getting dumbed down ? Do we need to stop personalities becoming more important than Guru ji's message, because these days a shabad doesn't get referred back to Guru Sahiban but the singer that's so and so's shabad even to the extent I've heard Radha swami shabad or Namdhari shabad ?

First of all, this guy (Dhadrianwale) has now stooped to the level of calling Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj by simply their first name? Nanak?

I wonder how he would feel if he were in either a debate and the opposing Singh just called him "Ranjit".

Or even a friendly interview and some 20-year old said to him, "Hi, Ranjit".

Or one of his chelas that he employs said "SSA, Ranjit".

He probably fly off the handle and get red hot mad. No problem calling Satguru just "Nanak", though.

Secondly, Dhadrianwale used to have a fig leaf of cover by saying one line of Gurbani, and then singing a Punjabi translation. Which is fine, I guess.

Now he's just making stuff up.

Third, note what he says: He's saying that "Nanak, seeing God imprisoned within temples, became a wandering mendicant (fakir)".

What Dhadrianwale is setting up his followers for is to start thinking of Gurdwaras like the old mandirs, and that if you want to find God, don't go to Gurdwaras.

That's the end game. Wake up, people.

7 minutes ago, BhForce said:

First of all, this guy (Dhadrianwale) has now stooped to the level of calling Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj by simply their first name? Nanak?

I wonder how he would feel if he were in either a debate and the opposing Singh just called him "Ranjit".

Or even a friendly interview and some 20-year old said to him, "Hi, Ranjit".

Or one of his chelas that he employs said "SSA, Ranjit".

He probably fly off the handle and get red hot mad. No problem calling Satguru just "Nanak", though.

Secondly, Dhadrianwale used to have a fig leaf of cover by saying one line of Gurbani, and then singing a Punjabi translation. Which is fine, I guess.

Now he's just making stuff up.

Third, note what he says: He's saying that "Nanak, seeing God imprisoned within temples, became a wandering mendicant (fakir)".

What Dhadrianwale is setting up his followers for is to start thinking of Gurdwaras like the old mandirs, and that if you want to find God, don't go to Gurdwaras.

That's the end game. Wake up, people.

must admit that the first sentence he uttered set my nerves on edge , by the second I was livid .

My Mum also is not impressed by this charlatan , while she was in my pardnanakey she was invited let's go see Dhadrianwala he's doing diwan in these 5 villages in october . She told me  these villages are small and poor and couldn't believe the money demanded of them for 'sewa'  apparently he brings the tambu etc set-up and does langar . what she saw was yes they brought the tambu and did diwan but did extreme sarfa on langar to point of their not being much of anything (we are talking pind wale used to dhal and simple roti) so she couldn't understand where the money went for the sewa. Then she sat in sangat she couldn't stomach the things he said and got the group she came with up and told them he wasn't worth listening to . His diwan  she said comprised him reading one shabad only then started talking rubbish . For her it was an eye-opener because she only knew him from his early days when he was pro guru and pro dasam .

Her come away his haumai has dropped him on his head , he's pagal and paise da bhooka.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

must admit that the first sentence he uttered set my nerves on edge , by the second I was livid .

My Mum also is not impressed by this charlatan , while she was in my pardnanakey she was invited let's go see Dhadrianwala he's doing diwan in these 5 villages in october . She told me  these villages are small and poor and couldn't believe the money demanded of them for 'sewa'  apparently he brings the tambu etc set-up and does langar . what she saw was yes they brought the tambu and did diwan but did extreme sarfa on langar to point of their not being much of anything (we are talking pind wale used to dhal and simple roti) so she couldn't understand where the money went for the sewa. Then she sat in sangat she couldn't stomach the things he said and got the group she came with up and told them he wasn't worth listening to . His diwan  she said comprised him reading one shabad only then started talking rubbish . For her it was an eye-opener because she only knew him from his early days when he was pro guru and pro dasam .

Her come away his haumai has dropped him on his head , he's pagal and paise da bhooka.

Yeah, exactly it.

His audience used to be the humble, somewhat illiterate folks of the villages. They would go see his divans in tractor-trailers. Now you've got the spectacle of these poor people plus amritdharis with kirpans on sitting there listening him to say there's no God, and the Guru is only a means (zaria).

On 12/3/2018 at 3:59 PM, S1ngh said:

I’m always against kacchi bani. I don’t know why our older generation never written a code against such things. Only Gurbani in mahraj’s darbar.

Doesn't Akaal Takhat Maryada say only Gurbani from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji,  Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib ji, Bhai Nand Lal and Bhai Gurdas ji's Vaars can be sung

Am I'm not sure about Suraj Parkash Granth and about the Kavis like the ones in Guru Gobind Singh ji's Darbar

And by the way can someone tell me who Bhai Gurdas Singh ji was, the one who composed Waho Waho Gobind Singh Ape Gur Chela Shabad? ?

On 12/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, jkvlondon said:

5 hours ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Doesn't Akaal Takhat Maryada say only Gurbani from Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji,  Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib jBhai Nand Lal and Bhai Gurdas ji's Vaars can be sung

Not exactly. The SGPC's SRM says that kirtan should only be done of Gurbani and Bhai Gurdas ji and Bhai Nand Lal ji. According to the traditional way of thinking (accepted by me), "Gurbani" includes the bani of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

Am I'm not sure about Suraj Parkash Granth and about the Kavis like the ones in Guru Gobind Singh ji's Darbar

That's not supposed to be sung, according to the above. Though katha can be done of it, of course.

can someone tell me who Bhai Gurdas Singh ji was, the one who composed Waho Waho Gobind Singh Ape Gur Chela Shabad?

He was a poet of the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji. He is also known as Bhai Gurdas II. I believe more information about him can be found in the book by Piara Singh Padam "Guru Gobind Singh ji de Darbari Rukun" (Jewels of the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji).

He provides important information about things like the Fateh greeting. He depicts the Khalsa as a 3rd path, separate from the Hindus and Muslims.

He is despised by missionaries because he encourages people to take Khande ka Pahul. In that pauri, he references Kalika (a reference to God in the form of a warrior goddess).

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Not exactly. The SGPC's SRM says that kirtan should only be done of Gurbani and Bhai Gurdas ji and Bhai Nand Lal ji. According to the traditional way of thinking (accepted by me), "Gurbani" includes the bani of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

That's not supposed to be sung, according to the above. Though katha can be done of it, of course.

He was a poet of the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji. He is also known as Bhai Gurdas II. I believe more information about him can be found in the book by Piara Singh Padam "Guru Gobind Singh ji de Darbari Rukun" (Jewels of the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji).

He provides important information about things like the Fateh greeting. He depicts the Khalsa as a 3rd path, separate from the Hindus and Muslims.

He is despised by missionaries because he encourages people to take Khande ka Pahul. In that pauri, he references Kalika (a reference to God in the form of a warrior goddess).

why does bhai gurdas 2's Vaar is included in original Bhai Gurdas ji's Vaaras and called 41st Vaar....

tbh i never knew abt there were two Bhai Gurdas Until one day i was thinking abt this Line " VAHO VAHO GOBIND SINGH APEY GURU CHELA." and i thought how could bhai gurdas have written that cuz he left his body long long time before Guru Gobind Singh Ji.... Then i got to know abt 41st VAAR being of Other Bhai Gurdass of GGS ji's time..... I think this VAAR being attached to previous 40 VAARS makes things very very Confusing imo.