Can a MONNA be a better SIKH than a Guy with TURBAN ?

Amit12

4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Bro, why do you think I not only used the word "specifically", but I also italicized it?

It's not specifically  related to Sikhism.

That is to say that Sikhism does encourage those things, but those things are not only encouraged by just Sikhism.

There are plenty of humans that do those things (except for Bani) who aren't Sikhs.

So again, I ask you: Why be a Sikh? Why be a follower of the Guru? What does the Guru know that you or any Tom, <banned word filter activated>, or Harry doesn't?

And does the Guru know any more than Raam, Krishna, Jesus, Socrates, etc?

Lol, i can never know what guru know.... And i dont even know what others know so i dont compare guru to anyone else....

So why be a sikh ? Sikh means "Learner".... So you should always be learning something good.,.

Why be follower of guru ? 

Cuz he encourages learning .... 

1 minute ago, Amit12 said:

Lol, i can never know what guru know.... And i dont even know what others know so i dont compare guru to anyone else....

So why be a sikh ? Sikh means "Learner".... So you should always be learning something good.,.

Why be follower of guru ? 

Cuz he encourages learning .... 

Look, bro, you stated elsewhere you've got questions, and that's fine. I'm engaging with you intellectually and helping to clarify what your thinking is (and maybe I'll learn something, too, in the process).

Hopefully, you won't get frustrated, and just continue the conversation. Appreciate your answers so far.

OK, the Guru encourages learning. 

But, wait, it's not just that, right?

I mean, are you saying that the Guru just encourages learning generally? (I'm not saying that Sikhs shouldn't learn generally, the Gurus certainly encouraged that.)

But I'm wondering whether you think the Guru has anything to teach Himself. If so, why do you think that has any worth compared to, again, Raam, Krishna, Jesus, and Socrates?

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

I mean, are you saying that the Guru just encourages learning generally? (I'm not saying that Sikhs shouldn't learn generally, the Gurus certainly encouraged that.)

Yes, i think guru Encourages learning Generally.... 

3 minutes ago, BhForce said:

But I'm wondering whether you think the Guru has anything to teach Himself. If so, why do you think that has any worth compared to, again, Raam, Krishna, Jesus, and Socrates?

I didnt quite get what you're trying to say here ...... XD

2 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

Yes, i think guru Encourages learning Generally.... 

Fine, we agree there.

I didnt quite get what you're trying to say here ...... XD

Well, it's one thing for someone to encourage learning generally. He'd be like a life coach or something. So have you heard of the book "1000 Books to Read Before You Die." It's telling you to read other authors. Authors who have wisdom.

But that book doesn't have any wisdom of its own.

So, I'm asking you: Does the Guru have any wisdom of his own? If so what? And why should we (or anybody) follow the Guru? 

I mean, what's special about the Guru? (Not just that you like him personally, though if that's your own answer, then say that.)

15 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Does the Guru have any wisdom of his own?

yes 

If so, what ?

i dont think im worthy or capable of answering that and compile the whole wisdom in a mere 100 words.... Naah cant do that....

why should someone else follow the guru ? 

idk why you asking me that, im not even promoting any guru.... 

15 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Does the Guru have any wisdom of his own?

yes 

If so, what ?

i dont think im worthy or capable of answering that and compile the whole wisdom in a mere 100 words.... Naah cant do that....

why should someone else follow the guru ? 

idk why you asking me that, im not even promoting any guru.... 

Alright, bro, you just answered your own question.

I mean, if the Guru doesn't have any special wisdom (that you know of), and you can't state why anyone should even follow the Guru (i.e., be a Sikh), what point is there in asking who's a better Sikh?

I mean, there's no point (as far as you can state) to being a Sikh in the first place, so why worry about who's a better Sikh?

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Oh, sorry, I don't think I got the notification for that, for some reason.

Anyway, now we can continue the discussion:

But why "bani", specifically?

Why is that that Gurbani gives us "better perspective of how we should live our lives, how we see ourselves, and others... and How we see God.... and to know what is false, and what is good."

What's special about Gurbani?

because it is the unadulterated message written in the language of the common people , no secret coded languages , restriction of access to the message . It cuts to the chase and tells you exactly how to get out of lakh chaurasi joon instead of denying it, it makes explicit the value of everything and everyone  BY THE ONES WHO BROUGHT THE MESSAGE FROM SACH KHAND

14 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Alright, bro, you just answered your own question.

I mean, if the Guru doesn't have any special wisdom (that you know of), and you can't state why anyone should even follow the Guru (i.e., be a Sikh), what point is there in asking who's a better Sikh?

I mean, there's no point (as far as you can state) to being a Sikh in the first place, so why worry about who's a better Sikh?

Lol, im not that good with words..

But........ okay  XD

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

because it is the unadulterated message written in the language of the common people , no secret coded languages , restriction of access to the message . It cuts to the chase and tells you exactly how to get out of lakh chaurasi joon instead of denying it, it makes explicit the value of everything and everyone  BY THE ONES WHO BROUGHT THE MESSAGE FROM SACH KHAND

Naah, he knows all of this.... He just wanted to hear it from me .....XD 

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

Well, it's one thing for you to say that, it's another for him, and I got the answer from him, and that is that (as far as he can state), there's no special reason to follow the Guru.

As far what you wrote: I agree with your second sentence (that Gurbani was brought from Sachkhand).

But regarding the message being written in the language of the common people: The vast majority of the world's people don't speak Punjabi, read Gurmukhi, and even if they did, that's not the same thing as being able to understand the language of Gurbani.

So does that then negate your first sentence?