Can a MONNA be a better SIKH than a Guy with TURBAN ?

Amit12

12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

If someone chooses not to follow sikhi and chooses to marry moneh or whatever then there is nothing you can do.

I realize that. I'm not proposing whacking such Sikh girls over the head with a stick.

I'm proposing acknowledging there's a problem (large numbers of Sikh girls not wanting or caring to marry Sikhs).

Once that's acknowledged (something it seems you were hesitant to do), we can move on to solutions.

Once the size of the problem is ascertained, then we can move to educated parents and young people about (as you say) "the greatness of Sikhism".

15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

look im speaking from experience and iv never really had problems with girls, iv been asked out by non sikh females but obviously chose not to because i don't date.

Don't answer if you don't want to, but since this is an anonymous forum: Are you kesadhari? Amritdhari?

I'm just asking to get another side of the endless crying that kesadharis can't get a girl to marry them.

3 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Don't answer if you don't want to, but since this is an anonymous forum: Are you kesadhari? Amritdhari?

I'm just asking to get another side of the endless crying that kesadharis can't get a girl to marry them.

Kesdhari,  honestly it also depends on your personality and presence, many sikhs guys are like planks of wood with 0 personality and presence. 

On 12/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, Amit12 said:

If a Monna is a very good guy, do bani everyday, do charity, help the poor, does hardwork to earn, share his things/earnings with others believe in one god, believes that there is nothing else and everything is GOD.... Can we call him a better sikh than an arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy ? 

Alright, now since you've answered my questions, and basically admitted that there's no reason (that you can state) that a person should do Gurbani, let me give you my answer to your question:

I think the answer is yes, with a caveat.

The caveat is that merely because you think some kesadhari is arrogant does not mean that he is. That may just be your fleeting impression of him without additional full knowledge.

But, to answer your question, I'll assume "arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy" is some kesadhari with no clue of Sikhism, Gurbani, or the Sikh virtues.

The reason (which you could not articulate) to follow the Guru is not because he encourages learning generally--that's something that your high school guidance counselor does, too! The reason is that He is the be-all and end-all. He is the Creator, He is Parbraham, He controls the Kam-Dhen (font of material blessings). He controls access to the Dasam Duar and to Sach Khand. He controls Karma.

The reason for "doing Gurbani everyday" is that Gurbani is a true reflection of the Satguru's wisdom. It is the Satguru. "Doing Gurbani" means becoming like Satguru.

The virtues that you listed are encouraged by the Guru. Assuming that you inculcate those virtues, and also do Gurbani, you would seem to be the type of person to do what the Guru says. And one of the things He says is not to dishonor the God-given form of your body. 

In due time, a mona who loves the Guru, recites Gurbani with passion, and loves doing what the Guru says will stop dishonoring his body.

The egotistical kesadhari, may, on the other hand, never come to love God. (Then again, he may.)

So, for the time being, I would say that the believing mona is a better Sikh than a keshadhari who has no love for the Guru. (None of this is to say that Sikhs don't need to keep their hair, or that they don't need to love the Guru.)

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Kesdhari,  honestly it also depends on your personality and presence, many sikhs guys are like planks of wood with 0 personality and presence. 

True. But do you think all girls have personality and presence?

Do you think, maybe, that guys are expected to have personality and presence, while for girls it's sufficient to just exist? Or, maybe to basically just be thin with a half-way nice looking face?

And how about girls with no personality or presence? Do they (in your experience) expect guys to have personality/presence while having none of their own? So it's OK for them to be a wallflower while the guy has to be Tom Cruise?

2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

True. But do you think all girls have personality and presence?

Do you think, maybe, that guys are expected to have personality and presence, while for girls it's sufficient to just exist? Or, maybe to basically just be thin with a half-way nice looking face?

And how about girls with no personality or presence? Do they (in your experience) expect guys to have personality/presence while having none of their own? So it's OK for them to be a wallflower while the guy has to be Tom Cruise?

Some girls do and some do not. I personally like someone with a personality. I find girls with pretty faces and 0 personality scary lmao

I think girls like guys with a personality, but obviously it will be different depending on the girl.

recently, there was this hijab wearing Pakistani girl who asked me.   i didnt speak to her much but used to just smile every time i walked past her. I am a smiley person lol. She wasn't religious, she worked at the makeup counter and herself always wore lots of makeup and stuff. One days she just came up to me and said "you have the most amazing smile"  lol      her friend (also a paki) then joined in and started saying things like "are you single" "go out with her, she really likes you"  that girl was standing there too so it was really awkward lol,    i didn't take it seriously at at that time.

next day she was off work but she sent a message to one of her colleges that she wants my number and snapchat and wants to meet up with me lol  i told her college that im not interested lol      i never spoke to her much but the few times i did speak to her i really made her laugh lol   one day she was even sharing dirty jokes with me about orgasms lmao     so yeah its a lot to do with your presence and personality,  you can't just be a plank of wood.  i just be myself ...     

19 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Saw here man. Oh the drama it would cause would be wordless and all hell would break loose??

man iv come across many non Sikh girls who are really nice, they don't judge you for your faith or appearance. But it would cause such a commotion with my parents, not worth it 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

she sent a message to one of her colleges that she wants my number and snapchat and wants to meet up with me lol  i told her college that im not interested lol 

Good man, you avoided the temptation of a Musalmannani, thus fulfilling Guru Gobind Singh ji's commands.

5 minutes ago, puzzled said:

one day she was even sharing dirty jokes with me about orgasms lmao  

She's a serpentess. Good you stayed away.

3 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Good man, you avoided the temptation of a Musalmannani, thus fulfilling Guru Gobind Singh ji's commands.

She's a serpentess. Good you stayed away.

Yeah i read that once, i think guru ji told us to never create relations with a turk, meaning muslim?

she was a nice girl, funny and layed back, but i wouldn't go a muslim, too complicated.

but my point is, its not hard getting a girl( to marry) as some people make it out to be.   maybe some do find it difficult 

I just want to meet a decent sikh girl who has love and respect for sikhi, i'm really not asking for much