Can a MONNA be a better SIKH than a Guy with TURBAN ?

Amit12

The weirdest are the ones who are themselves moneh but their little sons have kept kesh and wear patka. Like what're you even trying to do ?? 

I have some such in my own extended family . 

I just came back from my village in punjab and what my cousin said scared the creeps outta me . 

She's just 18 and arrogant and she said "Please find me a nice monah guy" . when I said I will find you a sardar, she said "NO, i want a monah " . I asked her why . she said "they're cuter" . 

Imagine all girls thinking like these, whats the future of panth then ? ironically her own father , my maama is a saabat surat sardar.

even in ancient india , uncut hair was a mark of "sanyaasi" or someone who has left his materialistic life for a spiritual pursuit , whereas kings and other such people who enjoyed bhog bilaas were the ones who groomed themselves .

Which then beggers the question and throws the ball back in the monah guy's court : "If you're doing paath and nice work , which is basically you're being a dharmi person, then why do you even want to groom yourself and your roop which itself is temporary. Isn't that against the very basic philosophy of spiritual pursuits?" 

On another note , 

you never see a newbie scientist asking senior scientists "Do I really have to wear safety goggles, lab coat and gloves while I am in chemistry lab?" 

or a construction worker asking his senior "Do I really have to wear hard hat and safety equipment" 

or a police officer asking his senior "Sir , Do I really have to wear my uniform?"

Everything that is worthwhile achieving in life requires discipline and dedication and outer saroop I guess is just one of those things , although inner modesty is also a must . 

2 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

The weirdest are the ones who are themselves moneh but their little sons have kept kesh and wear patka. Like what're you even trying to do ?? 

I have some such in my own extended family . 

I just came back from my village in punjab and what my cousin said scared the creeps outta me . 

She's just 18 and arrogant and she said "Please find me a nice monah guy" . when I said I will find you a sardar, she said "NO, i want a monah " . I asked her why . she said "they're cuter" . 

Imagine all girls thinking like these, whats the future of panth then ? ironically her own father , my maama is a saabat surat sardar.

because Guru Hukham is to keep your child's hair so they are free to choose when they choose to be sikhs . The children belong to Akal Purakh not the parents

16 hours ago, Amit12 said:

If a Monna is a very good guy, do bani everyday, do charity, help the poor, does hardwork to earn, share his things/earnings with others believe in one god, believes that there is nothing else and everything is GOD.... Can we call him a better sikh than an arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy ? 

When did Sikhi become a competition with others?

Sikhi is about following the Guru's teachings and doing it without making excuses for the teachings you rather not follow.  Those that are bogged down by worldly opinions are scared of keeping hair uncut as instructed by the Guru.  Gurbani removes worldly fears as the one mentioned above.   So the best advice to give to the mona is to read Gurbani by putting all your faith in the Guru and in return the fear will go away. 

13 hours ago, BhForce said:

Please tell me why it is that a person has to "do bani everyday"?

Please tell me why it is that a person has to brush their teeth / shower / eat / poop / sleep every day ?

22 hours ago, Amit12 said:

If a Monna is a very good guy, do bani everyday, do charity, help the poor, does hardwork to earn, share his things/earnings with others believe in one god, believes that there is nothing else and everything is GOD.... Can we call him a better sikh than an arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy ? 

watch Elliott Hulse's videos on yotube