Can a MONNA be a better SIKH than a Guy with TURBAN ?

Amit12

22 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Thanks for the backup, man.

But what I wanted was for you to answer the question in your own words.

So, again, what do you think is the reason you need to "do bani everyday"?

10 hours ago, Amit12 said:

To get better perspective of how we should live our lives, how we see ourselves, and others... and How we see God.... and to know what is false, and what is good.... 

Already answered

1 minute ago, Amit12 said:
23 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Thanks for the backup, man.

But what I wanted was for you to answer the question in your own words.

So, again, what do you think is the reason you need to "do bani everyday"?

10 hours ago, Amit12 said:

To get better perspective of how we should live our lives, how we see ourselves, and others... and How we see God.... and to know what is false, and what is good.... 

Already answered

Oh, sorry, I don't think I got the notification for that, for some reason.

Anyway, now we can continue the discussion:

But why "bani", specifically?

Why is that that Gurbani gives us "better perspective of how we should live our lives, how we see ourselves, and others... and How we see God.... and to know what is false, and what is good."

What's special about Gurbani?

6 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I agree with your second statement, on a personal basis (for a single guy looking for a girl to marry).

What I'm exploring is why you don't think it would be a problem if every single girl in the Panth wants to marry a mona. 

I'm not getting into monas are better/worse than kesadhari. I'm just saying if every girl wants to marry a non-practicing Sikh in regards to hair, then next is simply that their daughters will likely not even bother with marrying a mona Sikh. They'll just marry whoever. 

And that's the end of the Panth.

I think people get a bit dramatic on here. The day will not come where every single female will say she only wants to marry a mona. That's just being silly. Sure there are many who don't want to and that is perfectly fine. But there are many who don't mind.   

This is what really annoys me how people think the future lays in the hands of Punjabi women! 

You can always marry a non Punjabi woman, why restrict yourself to Punjabi women? Go for another ethnicity and teach her about sikhi and the greatness of our gurus. 

If some Punjabi women don't want to marry singhs the  it really is not the end of the world! 

Women who want to marry moneh and raise moneh kids do not realize they are slowly walking towards a deep pit, they will raise a family which eventuwlly will get cut off from sikhi ... 

4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Oh, sorry, I don't think I got the notification for that, for some reason.

Anyway, now we can continue the discussion:

But why "bani", specifically?

Why is that that Gurbani gives us "better perspective of how we should live our lives, how we see ourselves, and others... and How we see God.... and to know what is false, and what is good."

What's special about Gurbani?

Lol, you remind me of harry haller ( a friend )...

It made me a better person in general and it always make you THINK abt certain topics like GOD, EVIL and above all evrything that i do evryday....

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

I think people get a bit dramatic on here. The day will not come where every single female will say she only wants to marry a mona. That's just being silly. Sure there are many who don't want to and that is perfectly fine. But there are many who don't mind.   

And that day will be averted by people who are concerned for the Panth and take steps to stop it. If we don't, then that day will come.

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

You can always marry a non Punjabi woman, why restrict yourself to Punjabi women?

No one even used the word Punjabi. We were using the word Sikh.

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Go for another ethnicity and teach her about sikhi and the greatness of our gurus. 

You're talking like there's just a supply of women you can just go and buy at Tesco, and then when you bring them home, you can adjust the settings like on a TV to change the religion to "Sikh".

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Women who want to marry moneh and raise moneh kids do not realize they are slowly walking towards a deep pit, they will raise a family which eventuwlly will get cut off from sikhi ... 

Exactly, bro!

That's what @AjeetSinghPunjabi and I are talking about. You talk about the issue, raise awareness, and tell people (like girls) about the greatness of Sikhism, and you avert the problem.

Why would you want to stand in the way of this and say "There's no problem!"?

Also, if we can tell other people "the greatness of Sikhism", why can't we tell our own girls?

2 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

Lol, you remind me of harry haller ( a friend )...

Have no idea who that is.

3 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

It made me a better person in general and it always make you THINK abt certain topics like GOD, EVIL and above all evrything that i do evryday....

So, basically, you're saying you like it. OK, fine.

But what does that have to do with whether a Sikh should have to "do bani"?

Why should a Sikh "do bani"?

Also, there are plenty of things that you personally could like or that make you think, including Shakespeare, the Bible, the Bhagwad Gita, Plato, etc.

Again, what's special about Gurbani?

2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Also, there are plenty of things that you personally could like or that make you think, including Shakespeare, the Bible, the Bhagwad Gita, Plato, etc.

Whats special to me.... may or may not be special to someone else.... 

I already said it is special for me because it helped me become a better/Logical person .... Thats it.. 

2 minutes ago, Amit12 said:
4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Whats special to me.... may or may not be special to someone else.... 

I already said it is special for me because it helped me become a better/Logical person .... Thats it.. 

Well, alright, then.

Basically, you're saying there's no reason (that you could come up with) that a person should "do bani" everyday.

So, from your original question:

"If a Monna is a very good guy, do bani everyday, do charity, help the poor, does hardwork to earn, share his things/earnings with others believe in one god, believes that there is nothing else and everything is GOD.... Can we call him a better sikh than an arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy ? "

All the stuff on there is basically not anything specifically relating to Sikhs (a good guy, charity, hard work), except for "doing bani".

And now you've just clarified there's no reason to "do bani".

So, really, there's no reason, as far as I can see that you can state, for being a Sikh in the first place. So why even ask the question?

I mean, if there's no reason for being a Sikh, why even ask "who's the better Sikh"?

You might as well ask "Who's the better Jedi?"

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

Well, alright, then.

Basically, you're saying there's no reason (that you could come up with) that a person should "do bani" everyday.

So, from your original question:

"If a Monna is a very good guy, do bani everyday, do charity, help the poor, does hardwork to earn, share his things/earnings with others believe in one god, believes that there is nothing else and everything is GOD.... Can we call him a better sikh than an arrogant Turbaned Sikh guy ? "

All the stuff on there is basically not anything specifically relating to Sikhs (a good guy, charity, hard work), except for "doing bani".

And now you've just clarified there's no reason to "do bani".

So, really, there's no reason, as far as I can see that you can state, for being a Sikh in the first place. So why even ask the question?

I mean, if there's no reason for being a Sikh, why even ask "who's the better Sikh"?

You might as well ask "Who's the better Jedi?"

Lol, so you think being a Good Guy, Charity, Sharing what you earn, and hard work is not related to sikhi ? XD

Just now, Amit12 said:

Lol, so you think being a Good Guy, Charity, Sharing what you earn, and hard work is not related to sikhi ? XD

Bro, why do you think I not only used the word "specifically", but I also italicized it?

It's not specifically  related to Sikhism.

That is to say that Sikhism does encourage those things, but those things are not only encouraged by just Sikhism.

There are plenty of humans that do those things (except for Bani) who aren't Sikhs.

So again, I ask you: Why be a Sikh? Why be a follower of the Guru? What does the Guru know that you or any Tom, <banned word filter activated>, or Harry doesn't?

And does the Guru know any more than Raam, Krishna, Jesus, Socrates, etc?