Women who date non Sikhs - What should we do with them?

Big_Tera

MOD EDIT:

Rule breaking and anti-women rant. This isn't how you carry on a discussion.

Consider this an official warning from www.SikhSangat.com mods and Admins.

We may not read everything right away, but eventually we do and if you're being misogynistic then it will be dealt with. You can still talk about interfaith AK and be against it without using such slurs.

15 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

What should we do with them? Now that the have done this horrible, disgusting and shameful deed. No one will want to marry or have anything to do with them in the Sikh community. Im tslking about girls dating goreh, kaleh and what not. 

I know a couple of dirty skets who dated non sikhs. Basically they have been black listed and ex communicated as they are now seen as dirty and inpure with no Sikh in his right mind wanting to have anything to do with them let alone marry them. 

Should they might aswell leave Sikhi? As no one will want to marry them anyway?

depend s if they have fully returned to sikhi  and have stopped their bad habits , they should be afforded the chance to reform just as the men who are alcoholics, druggies, wife beaters are given  a second chance by society .

Guest GuestSingh

just disown them forever?

any man with self respect for his body, family and potential children (what kid especially a son wants cheap, filthy and easy trash as a mom?) wouldnt give them a second thought and just leave them to rot like reduced goods on the supermarket shelf that nobody still wants to buy....

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

What should we do with them? Now that the have done this horrible, disgusting and shameful deed. No one will want to marry or have anything to do with them in the Sikh community. Im tslking about girls dating goreh, kaleh and what not. 

I know a couple of dirty skets who dated non sikhs. Basically they have been black listed and ex communicated as they are now seen as dirty and inpure with no Sikh in his right mind wanting to have anything to do with them let alone marry them. 

I believe this is the type of Soch that is responsible for HATE CRIMES and HONOR KILLINGS.

"horrible, disgusting and shameful deed "

Relax dude, they're still people. You don't think twice before accepting help from non-sikhs, you don't measure/judge then so why start now. The hospital staff that treat you, the restaurant cooks who feed you and the coorperate professionals who provide you water are more than likely to be non-sikhs.

Sikhi isn't owned by anyone, anyone can come, take what they want, how they want and when they want. This applies to most things in life, you can choose what you want to be a part of and when you want to part ways. If Guru Nanak Dev jee's father wanted to force the brahmin faith on him then you wouldn't have discovered this beautiful faith we have now.

Someone is bound to quote my post and write something impulsive such as "if we all start thinking this way then the Sikh faith will diminish and we will keep losing people". If it's worth keeping, provides value to people, gives them peace - then it will remain. This is the law of nature, you can't FORCE anything.

@Amit12 - you're giving his post far too much credit, it's not really a "soch" (thought) because there is absolutely NO thought behind it, this is an innocent ramble fueled by emotions.

7 minutes ago, Jaggaa said:

@Amit12 - you're giving his post far too much credit, it's not really a "soch" (thought) because there is absolutely NO thought behind it, this is an innocent ramble fueled by emotions.

I dont think we can justify This by just saying that there are some "Innocent emotion behind it"

I don't see anything wrong in that. Everyone decides their lifestyle. 

I personally wouldn't marry someone who has had sex with another man. But there are men out there who don't mind.

How do you know that they are sikh? You need to remember that not everyone born into a sikh background are sikhs. What if they have decided not to practise the faith, in that case they can do whatever they like. No one is born sikh, you need to become one.

14 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

also, its interesting why you only mentioned Girls who dates Non-Sikhs.... and Not Men who dates non sikhs..... you just seem another Stereotype to me tbh.... 

So are people saying disowning is not a viable threat? 

6 hours ago, Amit12 said:

also, its interesting why you only mentioned Girls who dates Non-Sikhs.... and Not Men who dates non sikhs..... you just seem another Stereotype to me tbh.... 

That is like comparing apples and oranges and adding a banana to the equation. 

• The topic was locked