Racists should be allowed to voice their opinions?

puzzled

Why are racist not allowed to be racist? If someone is racist then shouldn't they be allowed to voice their opinion? But If you live in the West then you will know that racist people are not allowed to openly be racists and voice their opinions.

Why can't a White person say they hate Asians and blacks, or that they wants Asians to go back to their country.

There are black history months, mobo music awards etc  so why can't white people have white history month lol? Or white pride celebrations? 

But obviously when it comes to racist graffiti, vandalizing paces of worship etc then that's wrong

But as far as being allowed to say "I don't like Asians" "I don't like blacks" surely if that's their view and opinion then they should be able to openly and publically say it ?

It really doesn't bother me tbh

I rather have racists be open than be quite 

No ? 

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
44 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Why are racist not allowed to be racist? If someone is racist then shouldn't they be allowed to voice their opinion? But If you live in the West then you will know that racist people are not allowed to openly be racists and voice their opinions.

Why can't a White person say they hate Asians and blacks, or that they wants Asians to go back to their country.

There are black history months, mobo music awards etc  so why can't white people have white history month lol? Or white pride celebrations? 

But obviously when it comes to racist graffiti, vandalizing paces of worship etc then that's wrong

But as far as being allowed to say "I don't like Asians" "I don't like blacks" surely if that's their view and opinion then they should be able to openly and publically say it ?

No ? 

Define who you mean when you say "racist" ?

The ordinary fool making ignorant remarks is nothing more than a prejudiced ignoramus. He can't (other than in rare and extreme cases of violence) hurt you. He is powerless and he lets out his frustration of being powerless on me and you. It means nothing and can't really hurt you.

Real racism, on the other hand, is that prejudice we just mentioned plus power. The real racists are the people who hold power - either politically or in industry such as managerial positions - know that there is racial injustice, have the power to make meaningful changes but still choose to do nothing. That is the true racist. And his racism hurts me and you profoundly. Hurts us by denying us jobs befitting our education, denying us political representation, over-representing us in the criminal justice system, dividing our family's through discriminatory immigration practices, pretending we don't exist when it comes to the media, ignoring attacks on us and so on. All these things profoundly hurt us physically and mentally. 

To fight any enemy.....in this case 'racism'.....you have to first identify the enemy. The enemy is not the yob spray painting ignorant things on the wall of a building. The enemy wears a smart suit, has a friendly smile and also possesses certificates that say he regularly attends and passes Diversity & Inclusion workshops and courses. But, having identified the enemy, you still can't fight him (or her). You can't fight him or defeat him because the UK practices 'elegant racism' and the enemy is a ghost. Its not like America where racism is out in the open and there is recourse to justice. Here there is no justice because you can't fight or defeat something that denies it exists. It (the structural racist system) has convinced itself that it is a non-racist fair equality based system. The only way to defeat it - as we partly very successfully did back in the late 1960's and 70's - is if all people of colour - black and brown, Sikh, Muslim and Hindu join together in unity and fight as one loud voice. But that's not gonna happen because their colonial days divide and rule tactic is still very much alive and they keep us hating each other. Too busy scoring points against each other to see what game the system is actually playing.

So yes......if its the honest racism of America vs the deceitful elegant racism of Britain ?  .....Give me the honest american one any day. At least you know there are avenues to fight it. 

5 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Thats a really interesing point written but i must say that this question feels more like why is it bad to murder or being a rapist catergy. Don't be offended that i wrote this cos i have seen racism and its pure ugly horrible thats why.

I mean the whites uk stole from us and we are here taking it back from them. 

Iv never really experienced racism. I had a White girl in school tell me that she supports BNP and that she wants all brown and black people to leave the UK  I don't get offended with that stuff tbh lol. 

Guest GuestSingh

unfortunately we have to adapt to certain thinking in the west if we want to survive i.e. keeping our job and succeeding anywhere - who wants to employ a risk to their their reputation and ultimately money/power?

with more and more tension and intolerance here, there might be a time when people decide reform for themselves but for now it suits the govt. because it keeps the people nicely under control and keep playing this game.

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

No ? 

And they(people of color) talk abt WHITE PRIVILEGE

17 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

And they(people of color) talk abt WHITE PRIVILEGE

Well it depends where you live. The town I live in, English people are now a minority. White English people make around 40% of the population while brown people, Indians, pakis, Somalis etc make the remaining 60%   so there is no white privilege here, Large amount of young white females are also having babies with black men in my area. They are a endangered species here ... 

14 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Thats interesting you witnessed that. I didn't know about bnp until my mid teens as i saw a tv documentry on it. 

Its good though you grew up in slough area as the east end is known for being harsh horrible place as our sister @jkvlondon has got a lot more experince with the racism in the 70s 80s when she came here in the east end when she was young.

Yeah I think It depends on the area you live. My friend who is in his 30s told me that back in the 90s there was a lot fights between sikh and paki guys in this area, but that's about it. Since iv grown I havnt see  any tension between any communities here. Everything's good.

Most the English people here are the type you see on Jeremy Kyle, poor, on benefits, bad teeth and Chavy. Most of them look hideous 

1 hour ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

Its good though you grew up in slough area as the east end is known for being harsh horrible place as our sister @jkvlondon has got a lot more experince with the racism in the 70s 80s when she came here in the east end when she was young.

The East End is not all bad. At least it helps people toughen up (well it used to anyway) and be a bit clued up about life. 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

Iv never really experienced racism. I had a White girl in school tell me that she supports BNP and that she wants all brown and black people to leave the UK  I don't get offended with that stuff tbh lol. 

A White girl in school saying that stuff isn't racism, it's just and un-educated opinion, racism is when you used to have to run home from school because the local skinheads didn't look at your religion but at the colour of you skin, so you'd be running with all the other brown kids, be they Sikh, Hindu, Muslim or Black.

I grew up in the 80's and suffered plenty of racism, some of it physical, kid's today are too quick to call out what they think is racist, ask some of those of us that grew up in the 70's/80's what racism was.