Racists should be allowed to voice their opinions?

puzzled

4 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

Wait for when you are racially abused and called abusive names because of your colour and then come and tell us how you feel and if the racists should be allowed to allowed to be racist.

Racism has no place in a civilised world and if anyone condones racism he/she  has no either no respect or he/she is a coward who cannot stand up to racist people.

By all means i dont condone Racism.... but what about freedom of Free speech ? isn't that their Fundamental Right ?...... Unless they call for violence, which becomes a federal crime.

11 hours ago, puzzled said:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience! it's horrible and us younger people have it easy. once I spoke to this Punjabi guy in his 40s and he told be back in the days you had to carry a knife around you and go out in groups that how dangerous it was for Asians in some areas.

Nothing to be sorry about, it made me who i am today, i very rarely fought back, there was no point, on the occasion i did it was because someone either a) touched my Gutti or b) said derogatory things about Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Look, racism exist everywhere, it's not limited to whites on browns, some apne I've met over the years are so racist that it disgusts me, as far as letting them have their say, we should, otherwise it drives it all underground .

Example, people like Tommy Robinson are straight up racist in my view, but we need to give him air time, yes you'll get a few people following him, and yes, that's a dangerous thing but we have to reach a point of extreme's before we realize our mistakes.

9 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

True i suppose but also it has known to create other problems like depression ptsd biopolar as well.

I don't see hordes of people I grew up around suffering from these things on a scale greater than anywhere else. In fact when I went to uni, I met more people with things like bipolar and depression than I ever did on the streets of East London. 

I think victory against the neo-nazis and their powerful allies (like the police and some politicians) gave  brown people a sense of pride and self-worth that they wouldn't have had if they had been continually abused. And the environment created some seriously tough kids back then. When I think about what they used to do at this stage, I know what I witnessed was something special. 

I also believe that Panjab in the times of our Gurus was an infinitely more violent and dark place than East London has ever been. And that didn't stop Singhs fighting, taking over and creating a powerful empire there though.

I think as a community we've totally jettisoned aspects of SIkhi which encourage bravery, stoicism, and what goray in the past referred to as 'keen resentment of injuries'. 

Read some of these old extracts from this book on Hari Singh Nalwa:

1386216918_nalwaextract.png.438b379398cb209a54975d519f04e6de.png

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't see hordes of people I grew up around suffering from these things on a scale greater than anywhere else. In fact when I went to uni, I met more people with things like bipolar and depression than I ever did on the streets of East London. 

I think victory against the neo-nazis and their powerful allies (like the police and some politicians) gave  brown people a sense of pride and self-worth that they wouldn't have had if they had been continually abused. And the environment created some seriously tough kids back then. When I think about what they used to do at this stage, I know what I witnessed was something special. 

I also believe that Panjab in the times of our Gurus was an infinitely more violent and dark place than East London has ever been. And that didn't stop Singhs fighting, taking over and creating a powerful empire there though.

I think as a community we've totally jettisoned aspects of SIkhi which encourage bravery, stoicism, and what goray in the past referred to as 'keen resentment of injuries'. 

Read some of these old extracts from this book on Hari Singh Nalwa:

1386216918_nalwaextract.png.438b379398cb209a54975d519f04e6de.png

seems like an interesting read  could you direct me to a pdf if there is one else would be a great bro and put it up for us to read Thanks

56 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

seems like an interesting read  could you direct me to a pdf if there is one else would be a great bro and put it up for us to read Thanks

Here it is. Pictures are missing though:

https://books.google.dk/books?id=ULhgNexD92QC&printsec=frontcover&dq=hari+singh+nalwa&hl=da&sa=X&ei=W5uRVe2RNYmosgGEnbXwAQ&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

21 hours ago, puzzled said:

Why are racist not allowed to be racist? If someone is racist then shouldn't they be allowed to voice their opinion?

First of all nobody should be racist.

Racist is unjust, for one judges and condemms others just for being of different skin, caste or religion.

Racism or discrimination, is a malady which if spreaded, can cause horrible consequences on other human beings.

Can you tell me, who chooses before being born, where or how to be born?  So if there is no choice here, why to feel hatred for others, just for skin color?

Other thing is, for example, you do something wrong or ilegal, then of course, one can judge that person for its wrondoings.

Does not the Bani say:  SABNA JEEA KA IKO DAATA.

SSo, if by the laws of Nature, or Hukum, one is born in a particular country, race or creed, then by being racist, are we not judging Wahiguru´s Hukum with our petty or polluted unhumanity nature?

In some way we are stupidily saying, Wahiguru, you have made a mistake, you should made him white, or black, or brown....

Is this not what muslims do, when they kill innocents, in name of their  twisted vision of Islam? 

If so, what is then the difference between us sikhs and them(not all, but mostly), by being unhuman? 

Just imagine for a second, hites turn out mad ,and say we are going to exterminate all sikhs on the earth.

How would you feel about those stupid and unhuman attitudes?

So brother, any type of racism or discrimination, is just watering the seeds of hatred in the weak, which if not taken care and allowed,  will generate huge production of venom in the hearts and minds of the already weak and beastly humans.

Let us be carefull of what we say and think, otherwsie we shall be victims of our own  foolish and bloody tendencies.

Mind is already receptive to dirt and full of it, let us not add more to it.

Do good, be a good human being to all, and let us plant the seeds of tolerance,  forgiveness, and acceptance  within ourselves, to the diversity and variety of people, culture, caste and creed; for each one is born according to one´s past karam within the laws of His Hukum.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

I suppose. Trump acts racist n it's gotten him far. End o the day his honesty has done the trick.

But open racism will inspire others to be open about it. Walking through a crowd of racist, would the different person prefer hearing honest remarks or walk by not knowing? It'll be interesting to see wha the next President brings to the table. What if? Obama was a secret racist/ sexist guy who hates immigrants? We prefer such guys, right? As they keep it hidden?? Not sum1 honest like Trump? Oh well...

End of the day being quiet benefits everyone.

What about Asians being racist? Especially pakis, iv heard pakis say stuff like chitti chamri, and calling white women r@ndi. Pakis use this kind of language a lot when talking about white people.

Pakis in general have this superior complexity. Where they see their culture and religion above others and everyone else's religion and culture below theirs. They often behave very smug and are judgmental of other cultures.  Some of them have thus ugly air of pride around them. 

It's hard to like someone who has a lot of pride and ego, being humble is the best quality in a person which many South Asian Muslims seem to lack in.