Traveling by plane to different cities

sihotan

i just recently took Amrit while i was in india and on my way back to canada i had to take my kirpan off. does everybody have to do this???

i had a smaller kirpan hangin off of a thread at first and i wore it from amritsar to singapore and then after that the plane was going to land in korea and i didn't want to risk it so i took it off also. the reason i took it off was because in amritsar the security was making a big deal about nailcuters etc.

i just want to know if anyone else has experienced this and i'm there are.

when i got home i took a shower and did JapJi sahib and then did ardass and put my kirpan back on.

amrit shaaked.. hehe :wub: ))))

yeh.. experienced it ENOUGH times. What is funny is that i found LA airport in America to be the most relaxed .. even more than europe!

We are not supposed to remove ANY of the panj kakaar at anytime. They should ALWAYS and FOREVER be with us, on our person.

To go abroad, you do have to remove any shastter you have including your kirpan. It can be upsetting and really hurtful to have to part from one of your beloved kakaar for even a second, let alone a whole flight.

Do ardaas before you go on your journey... Maharaj knows everything... u dont need to explain fully. And also do ardaas as soon as you can when you get to your destination. Kakaar is not a symbol remember.. its there for a number of reasons. Now, our Gurus have taught us not to always be reliant upon shaster. We should always be trained with arms n legs because shaster you can lose or you could put them down for a second and someone could suddenly attack. Whereas your arms n legs are always on you. So you shouldnt be worried that on the plane you havent got anything to protect yourself with should you need it. And if your worried you havent learnt how to defend yourself with arms n legs... well.. then... LEARN! You are prone to attack anytime!

Sorry, ive probably made you a bit paranoid now! But Maharaaj knows the compulsions. Dont worry too much about it. Do your ardaas, recite naam on the plane n you'll be ok.

also.... dont take plane trips unless u really have to. Going to Hawaii on

a exotic holiday for the hell of it doesnt gain merit! Travel as less as possible on planes.

As far as i know, there are currently no campaigns against this aviation law. If neone does have more information please do post.

BHUL CHUK MAAF

also.... dont take plane trips unless u really have to. Going to Hawaii on a exotic holiday for the hell of it doesnt gain merit! Travel as less as possible on planes

Wow, a litle narrow-minded there aren't we..? Suppose, when it comes down to India- it is not necessarily we "have to take that trip." It is more done out of the notion that yes..we should visit our roots, culture, and etc. So, what's your argument that we should live in confined places and avoid travelling on a plane as much as possible?

Has anyone ever purposed contacting the airline beforehand and making accomodations ahead? (Sort of similar to how you schedule a wheel chair, or request a veggie meal, etc.?) It might work for those who are hella concerned.

my point is there are people i know who spend LOTS of time going abroad for lil holiday trips and to visit relatives coz they got nothin else better to do. Im not saying only travel abroad if ure lifes in danger or nething! Ive been abroad a lot too so id be a hypocrite if i said that. Im just saying if you are gonna go abroad... have good reasons too. Enjoyment karo, but value your kirpaan enough to say "well hold on, im gonna have to take my kirpaan off coz i wanna go on holiday. So i should do sattkaar to my kakaar and try and do a little good in respect of it."

NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.. whether its France, Italy, Africa, India, Sweden, Hong Kong, Malaysia, America, Canada, Japan, China etc etc etc EVERYWHERE there is suffering.. people worse off than me and you. Id say if you gonna go on holiday, make sure you know the environment your going into. If you going to a rich-ish area, just take some basic literature on faith or some Gurbani CD's to dish out to people. If you gonna go to a less well-off country like Africa and India, then collect some donations for the local charities there or something along those lines.

All im saying is that you have to take off your Kirpan... try n make sure something worthwhile n positive become of it.

Sorry, this post miteve been a bit messy! bhul chuk maaf