Is Sikhi dying a slow and excruciating death ?

Sometimes when I look at the current state of affairs of sikh dharam , it seems we're sitting on the edge of a cliff or rather spiralling down since the fall of Sikh empire.

On my recent trip to punjab, I felt like the state is in abject poverty , and ofcourse hindus do mock sikhs now as "drug peddlers" , "udta punjab" , "you ppl lack industries and employment" and what not. 

Some signs of deadly decadence of Sikhi :

1) so many of our men are not committed to turban / kes. Honestly being a haircut sikh was never so easier. 

2) utter jaahilta among sikh masses. Most don't even know name of 10 gurus , 5 nitnem baanis name , and perhaps know nothing more than mool mantar. Imagine if most sikhs had nitnem baani kanth and did regular paath . Even a lengthy baani as Sukhmani sahib renders itself to memorization if recited daily .

3) Punjab is decreasing in sikh demography . If you just recently been to punjab , you will find it hard pressed to see turbaned men , or rather 1 turban man for every 10 others . Most of people I see are bhaiyye from up/bihar .Punjab was 61% sikh 20 yrs back and now its just little above 50%. Christian missionaries conversion is highest rate ever. 

4) Hindi sign boards more common than Punjabi sign boards. Try doing this in some other state , but its ok in punjab because sikhs are spineless af .

5) Sikhs political back is broken and we have badals and captains destroying punjab further.

The whole qaum rests on mercy of akal purakh and if you see from an atheist point of view sikhs are doomed . All signs point to that way. what do you think ?

47 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

The whole qaum rests on mercy of akal purakh and if you see from an atheist point of view sikhs are doomed . All signs point to that way. what do you think ?

The fact is, you are very right.

Now, just watch, you'll have people responding to this thread saying:

1) let the "weak ones" go, the rest of the Panth will be stronger.

2) it's all in Waheguru's hukum

3) just worry about yourself

4) you don't have to worry because God will take care of everything

5) it's not as bad as you're saying, the Sikh panth is strong, there is so much parchar happening, and nagar kirtans, too. 

6) who made you Jathedar?

and

7) who cares? 

To which my response would be:

1) Seriously? Yeah, good luck having your religion recognized as a force when you have 1000 adherents

2) Yeah, so why do you even bother making breakfast in the morning or going to school or work. Just let Waheguru drop some food in your lap.

3) Sikhism is the path of parupkar (caring for others). Letting people know about spiritual advancement is a form of caring for others.

4) See #2

5) Just a form of closing your eyes and ears and wishing for everything to be alright when it is clearly not. When termites start eating your house, do you wait until the entire house is eaten?

6) Nobody made @AjeetSinghPunjabi or anyone else Jathedar. We're just talking about the future of the Panth because we care for it.

7) What can I say? If you don't care what happens to the Panth, why are you even here? You really want a Panth which defines its very existence as caring for others to wither away?

Is Sikhi dying a slow and excruciating death ?

Brother,

Sikhee  is Amrit, Sikhee is the path towards Him, established by Him. 

So sikhee can never die.

If ever anything dies, it is we the foolish people, we stray away from the path with our growing manmat attitude.

Sikhee is like oxygen, with it we can live and survive, without it  we are definetely dead.

Each one of us  should strive to live on the principles of Sikhee according to the teachings in the Bani,  otherwise nobody can do that for anybody.

And what is that principal of all principles :

Ikoankar Satnam

Gurparsad Jap

Apart from one Wahiguru and His Nao, all else is waste, is koor.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guru ji always taught us to do our stellar best then leave the rest to Waheguru ji , honestly have we really tried our best efforts ?

just this week the Sikhligars have been attacked again , one murdered Singh , houses destroyed and Gurdwara bulldozed in Madya Pradesh , I am not sure if they are the same group that were helped before but it is clear unless we protect all as family we will be picked off one by one . We are BEST when we only follow Guru ji and not individual's and also when we are together in the face of opposing forces.

7 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Sometimes when I look at the current state of affairs of sikh dharam , it seems we're sitting on the edge of a cliff or rather spiralling down since the fall of Sikh empire.

On my recent trip to punjab, I felt like the state is in abject poverty , and ofcourse hindus do mock sikhs now as "drug peddlers" , "udta punjab" , "you ppl lack industries and employment" and what not. 

Some signs of deadly decadence of Sikhi :

1) so many of our men are not committed to turban / kes. Honestly being a haircut sikh was never so easier. 

2) utter jaahilta among sikh masses. Most don't even know name of 10 gurus , 5 nitnem baanis name , and perhaps know nothing more than mool mantar. Imagine if most sikhs had nitnem baani kanth and did regular paath . Even a lengthy baani as Sukhmani sahib renders itself to memorization if recited daily .

3) Punjab is decreasing in sikh demography . If you just recently been to punjab , you will find it hard pressed to see turbaned men , or rather 1 turban man for every 10 others . Most of people I see are bhaiyye from up/bihar .Punjab was 61% sikh 20 yrs back and now its just little above 50%. Christian missionaries conversion is highest rate ever. 

4) Hindi sign boards more common than Punjabi sign boards. Try doing this in some other state , but its ok in punjab because sikhs are spineless af .

5) Sikhs political back is broken and we have badals and captains destroying punjab further.

I Think only the religion is dying... Sikhi Values are not...