Is Sikhi dying a slow and excruciating death ?

22 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

There is no humanity without Vaheguru.   Your humanity was shown when you could not even say that Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the only true Guru who can take any one to Vaheguru when the person follows the teachings of Gurbani to the letter.  

Wadu Hek ?

You never said that you are a human,

So shall i consider you an animal ?

You make no sense Bro.

I think a better question than the one in the OP is:

Do certain online forums consist of a disproportionate amount of depressed, excessively pessimistic apnay? I think so.

If people think things are bad now, only Waheguru knows what sort of sandbags such people would have been in truly trying times like the mid 1700s. Let's put it in perspective. In their own heartland Singhs and Singhnia were hunted down to the extent that they had to live in jungles (which were dangerous places in themselves), or vacate the area completely. Darbar Sahib was occupied and being used in the most disrespectful way by Massa Ranghar.  Necklaces made of babies. Large numbers of the community were killed in the two ghallugharas. If it ever looked like our days were numbered it was then. 

But what happened? People steeled themselves and faced down the threats they faced fiercely. Within a few decades apnay had taken over the region against all odds, creating nothing short of a superpower state. 

We could all do with remembering this. 

29 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do certain online forums consist of a disproportionate amount of depressed, excessively pessimistic apnay? I think so.

If people think things are bad now, only Waheguru knows what sort of sandbags such people would have been in truly trying times like the mid 1700s. Let's put it in perspective. In their own heartland Singhs and Singhnia were hunted down to the extent that they had to live in jungles (which were dangerous places in themselves), or vacate the area completely. Darbar Sahib was occupied and being used in the most disrespectful way by Massa Ranghar.  Necklaces made of babies. Large numbers of the community were killed in the two ghallugharas. If it ever looked like our days were numbered it was then. 

But what happened? People steeled themselves and faced down the threats they faced fiercely. Within a few decades apnay had taken over the region against all odds, creating nothing short of a superpower state. 

Great post Bhaji, we need to be Chardi Kala

30 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

true,

we have to realise, that only 0.001 percent of Sikhs are on forums, so anything we say really isn't really reliable at all.

and the types of people on forums, are very digital, modern, intelligent, and western.

43 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Great post Bhaji, we need to be Chardi Kala

And we need to toughen ourselves up physically and mentally too bhai ji. Having a bunch of chardi kala fudhoo bundhay isn't going to cut it either.

You know, I have wondered about the reasons for the use of small amounts of sukha-nidhaan by our ancestors in the past. Asides from the health benefits that modern science is only (slowly) becoming aware of now, I wonder if some people also used it so that they didn't think like defeatist, whining, cry-babies (like many people on this thread appear to be)? Especially when the stakes were so high in the past (literally the real possibility of a brutally violent end of the panth at the hands of certain determined, demonic, sadistic moghuls and their bumchums). 

In anycase, our people didn't come through all that whinging like babies like many do today. Toughen yourselves up people ffs!

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bai ji, you are right. Those times were far more difficult. Sikhs back in history have seen really a very hard time. 

18 hours ago, TinnkerBell said:

Hanji many things and predictions are already started ji

Guru it also predicted the invasion of feminists. Guru sahib says a day will come when men won't listen or respect there parents but will follow their wives, so women will take over.

If you look around women run families now, no wonder families are breaking up. Families were a lot more tight knit and successful when men were in charge. 

Guru sahib was right ...

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Guru it also predicted the invasion of feminists. Guru sahib says a day will come when men won't listen or respect there parents but will follow their wives, so women will take over.

If you look around women run families now, no wonder families are breaking up. Families were a lot more tight knit and successful when men were in charge. 

Guru sahib was right ...

Where exactly did guru ji predict this? With all due respect Please don't make statements like this without making a reference