How has Sikhi changed you?

puzzled

How has Sikhi changed you? how has it made you a better person? how have you positively changed as a person? what other changes came into your life with Sikhi?

share your experiences ...

for me one of the main things was that it gave me a purpose, now i look back and realize that i had no purpose, most of the things i was doing had no meaning or reason behind it but to simply fit in and and be like everyone else. I had no guide but did stuff because that's what everyone else was doing. I was just wondering around lost and doing things without any meaning. it gives me a structure and stability. It has done other things too like made me more compassionate and considerate of others.  I feel like i am now starting to know who i am, but it is hard to explain it in words. Still a very long way to go though ...

its hard to write the changes you experience, much of it is something that you feel 

feel free to share your own experience 

On 12/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, puzzled said:

How has Sikhi changed you? how has it made you a better person? how have you positively changed as a person? what other changes came into your life with Sikhi?

share your experiences ...

for me one of the main things was that it gave me a purpose, now i look back and realize that i had no purpose, most of the things i was doing had no meaning or reason behind it but to simply fit in and and be like everyone else. I had no guide but did stuff because that's what everyone else was doing. I was just wondering around lost and doing things without any meaning. it gives me a structure and stability. It has done other things too like made me more compassionate and considerate of others.  I feel like i am now starting to know who i am, but it is hard to explain it in words. Still a very long way to go though ...

its hard to write the changes you experience, much of it is something that you feel 

feel free to share your own experience 

Well, its definitely changed me for the better. I realised that there is a LOT more to life than just looking pretty all day long - so I've stopped wearing makeup now. Also, I'm a lot less materialistic, I don't see the point in buying useless stuff for no reason. 

I think in essence, its made me more of a simple person. Half of the stuff I used to do and what I felt was a necessity isn't of any value to me now.

Can’t be bothered to watch TV. No interest. Same is happening with music. I’ve realised how easy it is to be drawn in to TV shows, how music (even in the background) can affect your mind. I’m starting to see things as a utility eg clothing to keep warm and comfortable and less about fashion. 

I see how the world is enticed by maya. The older generation used to say the kids were glued to the TV. The current generation say that kids are glued to their phones. Previously there was one TV in a household. Now everyone has their own gadget to “consume”. 

The biggest thing is probably realising what we should be doing. I used to think reading paath daily was good. It is but it’s not enough. To control the mind, to close the nine gates, to listen for the anhad shabad. I thought it was enough to just recite “vaheguru” mentally. I wish I knew all this when I was a child. Maya infiltrates the mind more strongly as you age. 

Guest PuzzledSingh
3 hours ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Well, its definitely changed me for the better. I realised that there is a LOT more to life than just looking pretty all day long - so I've stopped wearing makeup now. Also, I'm a lot less materialistic, I don't see the point in buying useless stuff for no reason. 

I think in essence, its made me more of a simple person. Half of the stuff I used to do and what I felt was a necessity isn't of any value to me now.

Thats really good sister that you have changed and are at the right age to learn more. 

Your posts are a lot more sensible and mature compared to other users on here.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, puzzled said:

Sikhee has widened my horizons by keeping in mind that all move under His Hukum, thus has made me more tolerant with those who do not agree with sikhee necessarily.

For where others have a limited vision of the reality and the diversity /multiplicity of this physical plane, as well as the spiritual realms.

They are limited, mainly for they are misguided in agyanta,  thus they do no accept others as they are, and they try to convert ,or use the force and inflict pain on others.

While in Sikhee, by His grace, we are taught: Sabna jee ka Iko Daata.

He, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, is the one Creator Lord of all beings, irrespective of if they are hindus, christians or muslims amongst others...

This is the main difference between Sikhe and others. While others put limits and restrictions, and tur people into narrow minded, in Sikhee, we know and undestand, all are under His Hukum, so, whom to blame then?

We should not judge others for the dharam they belong to, but  to their unhuman attitude and criminal blinded behavior...

In which way does it harm anyone, or benefit anyone,  if  one belongs to any dharam.

Salvation is individual, not collective, nor  is it  by numbers.

This is not politics, that the more we have in any party, the stronger that party becomes and stays as a ruler force.

How stupid to beleive such nonsense? 

Which foolish and helpless gods, create different people in different dharmas, and then order to kill others in name of that stupid, destructive and senseless faiths ....

In this sense, Sikhee is most respectful and open minded towards all beings,  for all are created by Him, Akal Purukh.

Sikhee indeed is the highest and truest path for me, for it makes us more human, and reunites us with that ultimate and eternal Truth : Wahiguru Akal purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.