How did we get the human life?

puzzled

On 12/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, puzzled said:

Iv heard that we get a chance to be in human life with lots of good karma, but before this we must of been in the form of an animal then,  does that mean we did good deeds in the animal form in order to be a human in this life?  How does a animal do good deeds? 

Or is it good karma from a previous human life from another yug?

I don't understand how it works 

Thanks 

What I understand/have come to believe (not saying that I'm right). There's a few ways a soul comes into the world:

1) A shaheed Singh been sent to do God's work (to breathe new life into the Panth). It's been noted that around very 50 years, something big happens in the Sikh Panth which requires a tonne of Shaheed Singhs - so Gursikhs theorise that in this day and age, there are gems in the youth of the Sikh Panth who are puratan shaheed singhs come back to fulfil their job again (i.e. become shaheed once again).

This is often the ideology of some "Taksali Singhs" who believe that Sant Jarnail Singh jee will "return" (i.e. take birth again to save the Sikh Panth once more).

2) Through good karams: There are often stories of really young children who were human in their past life too, who remember that life. This must mean that in their past life they did a lot of good karams to be reborn back into human and not have to go through the 8.4mil life forms. This could be the case when a baby (who is unable to generate any karams yet as his/her mind isn't developed enough) dies or when a person dies who did a lot of seva etc but was not holy enough to pray for liberation - this person might be reborn as a Sikh so they can become Khalsa and attain liberation.

3) Repeating the 8.4mil life forms cycle: This could be the case when a person is really bad in this life that they go through temporary hell (narak), then he/she is reborn into this life cycle - could be for 10 years, 100 years, or thousands of years depending on how bad their karams were. If a person was really really bad in this life, Maharaj may give him the reincarnation of a tree, or mountain (yes, mountains are considered one of the life forms in Gurbani)

ਕਈਜਨਮਸੈਲਗਿਰਿਕਰਿਆ॥

In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains;

ਕਈਜਨਮਗਰਭਹਿਰਿਖਰਿਆ॥

In so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb;

ਕਈਜਨਮਸਾਖਕਰਿਉਪਾਇਆ॥

In so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves;

ਲਖਚਉਰਾਸੀਹਜੋਨਿਭ੍ਰਮਾਇਆ॥੨॥

You wandered through 8.4 million incarnations. ||2||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿਭਇਓਜਨਮੁਪਰਾਪਤਿ॥

Through the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life.

Please read the entire shabad, it's so enlightening.

4) Ghosts - there's also cases where there are so many spirits who have found the house of Guru Nanak. I'm sure you know how people become ghosts (it's also in gurbani - through attachment of the house/this body etc). So, these ghosts who have found Sangat and Gurdwaras do bhagti there within the sangat. I think there was a recording of a ghost speaking to a Sikh sant who was questioned why he hasn't come on earth as a human and the ghost replied that there is no mother who has good enough karams yet to give birth to me. Because the ghost did so much bhagti that he requires a womb worthy enough.

So, I believe these are some of the ways you may have achieved human life. You are very very lucky you were born as a Sikh as you have the ultimate Truth (Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee) which can help you achieve liberation.

16 hours ago, savalakhsingh said:

What I understand/have come to believe (not saying that I'm right). There's a few ways a soul comes into the world:

1) A shaheed Singh been sent to do God's work (to breathe new life into the Panth). It's been noted that around very 50 years, something big happens in the Sikh Panth which requires a tonne of Shaheed Singhs - so Gursikhs theorise that in this day and age, there are gems in the youth of the Sikh Panth who are puratan shaheed singhs come back to fulfil their job again (i.e. become shaheed once again).

This is often the ideology of some "Taksali Singhs" who believe that Sant Jarnail Singh jee will "return" (i.e. take birth again to save the Sikh Panth once more).

2) Through good karams: There are often stories of really young children who were human in their past life too, who remember that life. This must mean that in their past life they did a lot of good karams to be reborn back into human and not have to go through the 8.4mil life forms. This could be the case when a baby (who is unable to generate any karams yet as his/her mind isn't developed enough) dies or when a person dies who did a lot of seva etc but was not holy enough to pray for liberation - this person might be reborn as a Sikh so they can become Khalsa and attain liberation.

3) Repeating the 8.4mil life forms cycle: This could be the case when a person is really bad in this life that they go through temporary hell (narak), then he/she is reborn into this life cycle - could be for 10 years, 100 years, or thousands of years depending on how bad their karams were. If a person was really really bad in this life, Maharaj may give him the reincarnation of a tree, or mountain (yes, mountains are considered one of the life forms in Gurbani)

Please read the entire shabad, it's so enlightening.

4) Ghosts - there's also cases where there are so many spirits who have found the house of Guru Nanak. I'm sure you know how people become ghosts (it's also in gurbani - through attachment of the house/this body etc). So, these ghosts who have found Sangat and Gurdwaras do bhagti there within the sangat. I think there was a recording of a ghost speaking to a Sikh sant who was questioned why he hasn't come on earth as a human and the ghost replied that there is no mother who has good enough karams yet to give birth to me. Because the ghost did so much bhagti that he requires a womb worthy enough.

So, I believe these are some of the ways you may have achieved human life. You are very very lucky you were born as a Sikh as you have the ultimate Truth (Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee) which can help you achieve liberation.

Paji how do you define LIBERATION ?

Is it something that is your last goal ?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, Wicked Warrior said:

My understanding (which may be incorrect) is that we acquire spiritual wealth or punishment in human form. If we have not obtained the goal of life in this human life, we have to wait for the next reincarnation into human life to progress spiritually. Between this human life and the next, we may go through any number of non-human lives before we get the opportunity again. 

The “bigger” question would be: when our souls were created from God and we became separated from Him, what lifeform did we enter first and what determined it? Did all souls begin as basic animals? Were we all humans from the previous Jug? 

Interesting bro.

Problem is that we are bound into "time", We associate everything relative to time/kaal.   Ek onkaar is beyond time and when the soul merges back into him, the experience is timeless. All the yugs would be co-existing simultaneously. It's just too hard for ourt limited buddi to comprehend./

I agree with you though, Bhagat Ravidas ji says..."bahut janam vicherey te madho, eh janam tumare lekhe"  We have had  countless births of being separated because like you say "we never got it right"  This time, we have another opportunity to make it providing we don't accumulate extra bad karams and re-write additions to our lekha.

20 hours ago, mahandulai said:

a black whole, created us

no son, you lost a little here.

it was 'shabad'.  Creation came from eko naam, eko shabad.   (read gurbani)   and from this came the AIR- PAVAN, then water, and then the rest of the 5 elements.  5 elements =5 tat in gurbani.   We are made of 5 tat and so is the whole of maya.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:54 AM, JUSTAJATT said:

no son, you lost a little here.

it was 'shabad'.  Creation came from eko naam, eko shabad.   (read gurbani)   and from this came the AIR- PAVAN, then water, and then the rest of the 5 elements.  5 elements =5 tat in gurbani.   We are made of 5 tat and so is the whole of maya.

same thing