Lilly - Wannabe black girl

Big_Tera

How do we stop Sikh youth from looking up to the black culture? 

For instance there is a girl called Lilly a punjabi girl on youtube. She promotes the whole black culture. Many punjabi women look up to her. She talks and act like a typical ghetto black girl. 

Looks like us Panjabis are struggling with an identity crisis. Many of the young punjabi boys look up to rap stars and dress like pure black people. 

Why are we not strong in our own identity and need to latch on to the black culture - Such as dress sennce, music, dread locks in hair. If it aint blacks then we latch on to the white culture. Such as going down the pub for a pint. 

Lol you can't stop anybody from doing anything. Bhagat Kabir ji has said the following in rough english translation "I started searching for the devil but could not find anyone. When I searched inside me, realized, no one is more devilish then me." What I take from this line is that we should work on ourselves first before finding faults in others. Even the punjabi culture has its problems (alcoholism, casteism, sexism, any other type of -ism). Culture isn't the identity we should attach ourselves to as followers of this path. The only way to postively influence the youth is to not only promote sikhi vichaar but work with the youth to integrate sikhi at their level. Meaning finding ways that we can we relay the Guru's message from their perspective and not some perspective of hardliner imported Bhais who promote things like "become amrit shak or burn in hell" type of mentality. I am not saying becoming amrit shak is bad, I am saying the way that it is being "marketed" (through fear/guilt tactics) is not the most effective way for youth to fall in love with the Guru. There are many initiatives nowadays out there already reaching out and attracting younger sangat to Sikhi and I hope they continue to do so. What we, as average joes, can do is just continue to work on ourselves so that we can directly or indirectly set a postive example to the young bloods.  We can't force an ideology but only lead our lives by example. With the ongoing efforts and initiatives to promote sikhi, even if the youth give Sikhi just 1% importance in their respective lives, then we can be reassured that Sikhi will continue to flourish. I think each culture has its positives and negatives and we are blessed to be living in such multicultural countries that give us exposure to learn from different cultures, ideas, philosophies, and religions. Furthermore, I think the more Sikhi we integrate in our lives, the less the upholding of certain cultural characteristics will matter; especially the negative aspects. Bhul chuk maaf karni ji. 

5 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

For instance there is a girl called Lilly a punjabi girl on youtube. She promotes the whole black culture. Many punjabi women look up to her. She talks and act like a typical ghetto black girl. 

Looks like us Panjabis are struggling with an identity crisis. Many of the young punjabi boys look up to rap stars and dress like pure black people. 

Why are we not strong in our own identity and need to latch on to the black culture - Such as dress sennce, music, dread locks in hair. If it aint blacks then we latch on to the white culture. Such as going down the pub for a pint. 

if you care so much, then LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

I will show you some examples of what I am referring to. 

Look at these punjabi wannabe hip hop raggamuffins. Its a sad state of affairs when Punjabis have lost their identity. This is the latest generation of Punjabis. What happened to the warrior lion Sikhs. And people with turbans are not off the hook. I have seen countless sikhs wearing beanies with shaved face looking like they are so rap singer. lolz

1540623280-Diljit.jpg

download (3).jpg

Dr.-Zeus-1.jpg

images (2).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

timthumb.jpg

4 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

should we be arrogant enough to assume that it is only our way or the highway

i dont think thats the sikh way .....

Amit I detect that you are also a raggamuffin? Do you dress like a hip hop thug and listen to rap songs with explicit lyrics?

10 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

delete this post

25 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

As you have no intellectual arguement against it. The best you can come up with is 'delete post'

Looks Like i have touched onto a sensitive area with many young raggamuffins.

I'm going to school you for the last time:

the popular culture at the time, black, white or brown, is drawing the youth, because it is what they feel is real and honest, and how they feel.

Not just random bs.

The black culture isn't even black; it is something humans do, which makes them feel happy.

You are a racist, so delete this post, and while your at it, delete your entire account, and then your existence,

thank you, next. xx