The Sikhs of Shanghai

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

calm down woman

if you read the whole thing then you would know that i said "Not sure how true all this is but i have read it elsewhere online as well 

i never stated it as a fact 

I read online that you are still puzzed as that  you are a man or a woman or  a bit of both.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

The 'fallacy' is the way that non-jatts have managed to convince jatts born in the west to defacate and urinate on the memory of their own grand-parents. Lets put things in perspective and in order:

1) Only Jatts recruited because only jatts seen as tough enough

2) Other people had to do more feminine work such as working in offices whilst the jatts fought wars

3) Jatt soldiers start Sikh diasporas on the Californian farmlands, Canadian lumber yards and British factories (e.g Southall....where a former Army Major insisted on employing ex-Sikh soldiers that he served with - Wolf's rubber factory)

4) After Jatts had laid the foundations through blood and sweat the other groups with feminine work backgrounds because were refused admission into the army finally arrive and start settling into the towns that the jatts had built with blood a few generations earlier.

5) the british born children of those late arrivals still feel bitter and aggrieved that their grandparents were not allowed into the army and thus never fought anywhere and so, to make them feel better about themselves and their lack of history they set about rubbishing the pioneers.

6) the grandsons and grand-daughters of those pioneers become so shamefull, so ignorant, so stupidified that they actually join in with the rubbishing of their own grand-fathers because they're too stupid to understand why others are rubbishing them.

People, whatever your background...whatever your grand-parents did....whoever you are....always honour and respect your great and wonderful grand-parents and great grand-parents. Every last one of them were truly amazing men who have given us so much. Shame on anyone here that dis-honours them and encourages others to dis-honour their own family.

I'll say it again. Honour your grandparents and great grandparents. All of them. whoever you are. Don't allow yourself to be tricked by others into rubbishing your own grandparents. When they ask you to, understand why they feel the way they do. Understand the aggrieved bitterness of their own grandparents not being allowed to have such a history. Every grandparent....both theirs and yours....deserve upmost respect. Always honour everything they've done for us. All of them.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:20 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Torontobboi. You live in Toronto. That should explain it all but let me elaborate. As an overwhelmingly Doaba Sikh community the UK Sikhs have blood, kith and kin with the west coast BC Sikh community....with one brother here and another there etc. Not with the Toronto Sikhs as they (you) are virtual fresh off the boats and predominately Malwais anyway. As mostly now 3rd and 4th generation western born the UK Sikhs share blood with the 3rd and 4th generation west coast Canadian Sikhs. Not you Toronto Sikhs. When it comes to talking about diaspora histories then.....the subject of Toronto Sikhs should only really be discussed when talking about other fairly new diasporas, such as the Italian Sikhs. It's irrelevant in this discussion. This discussion is about the Sikh pioneers in the west coast of Canada and America circa late 1890s to early 1900s.  The malwais of Toronto, arriving from the late 1980s onwards,  have no involvement in any of this. It will take a 100 years of catching up to do before the subject of Toronto will be of even the slightest of interest to anyone outside of the Toronto area. 

You see, the subject of history aside, the trouble with Toronto is that it is a city that is so desperate to see itself as a great world class city that it has convinced itself that it is, not realising that the rest of the western world sees it as a city on par with cities such as Geneva, Dallas and Stokholm, only a lot more boring. When Europeans, including UK Sikhs, talk about how beautiful Canada is they are talking about BC. The mountains, the scenery, the landscape. Not Toronto. When it comes to historical discussion of diasporas then, the 3rd and 4th generation UK Sikhs are talking about the 3rd and 4th generation BC and California Sikhs. Not the 1st generation Toronto Sikhs. Toronto is of very little interest to anybody anywhere generally...but especially when it comes to discussing history.

Honestly Toronto is considered a better and more developed city than Vancouver both in terms ofs infrastructure and culture. Also majority of Sikhs in BC came during the same time in the late 80s and 90s. Not 100 years ago those are hardky there. If you go to Vancouver you'll see it's below tonronto in terms of culture aswell. Toronto is very multicultural well Vancouver is pretty much just a white Chinese and India city

Being in power, or having power in terms of politics or even weapons is hard.You have to know when its righteous to fight, and not join every battle. 

The sikh soldiers were used in the 1970s (i think) to stop the Sri Lankan indepedence movement too.  It was really sickening to see Sikhs go to war for india to supress a people. BUT thankfully, the sikhs werent totally blind. They were mostly at a stand still and did not do much action

They were getting orders from Delhi to shoot Prabhikar (i think) the indenpendence movement leader with a sniper shot. But the sikhs refused thankfully. And in the documentary, the delhi government official denied it!!! He said delhi never gave that command. 

Theres a lesson for us there. If anyone tells u to do an.immoral thing for benefit. Dont do it. As they will not stand with u, when reckoning comes. 

Also we blame the british for the isreali-palestinian conflict. But the kashmiri conflict is all on us. The sikhs took over kashmir under Nalua sardar i think. And when Gulab singh the dogra took all the treasure from lahore. He bargained with the british to be able to rule kashmir. But ironically, when india became independent, all rajas had to give up their kingdoms for democracy. And so majority muslim kashmir ended up under india. 

Sikhs also fought in the West vs East Pakistan war. That was needless. Also fought china-india war, but i think that was ok, protecting the motherland etc

18 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Sikhs also fought in the West vs East Pakistan war. That was needless.

That one might have been righteous. Singhs actually stopped Panjabi musalmaans (Pakistanis) mass raping Bengali girls in that one. It was one set of Panjabis (Sikhs) putting another set of rapist-pedo Panjabis (Paks) in check. 

18 hours ago, Torontobboi said:

Honestly Toronto is considered a better and more developed city than Vancouver both in terms ofs infrastructure and culture. Also majority of Sikhs in BC came during the same time in the late 80s and 90s. Not 100 years ago those are hardky there. If you go to Vancouver you'll see it's below tonronto in terms of culture aswell. Toronto is very multicultural well Vancouver is pretty much just a white Chinese and India city

I've lived in Vancouver and visited Toronto so my impressions are my own. I mean don't get me wrong, Vancouver has extremely serious problems, not least the fact that any city that has 57% of it's GDP devoted to the real estate industry (including construction) is on very VERY shaky ground. I know people talk about the diversity of people but in my mind what makes Toronto unique, and indeed unusual among Canadian cities is it's diversity of commerce. Vancouver can collapse at any time when real estate collapses and Edmonton and Calgary are at the whims of oil. Toronto, on the other hand, is stable. The trouble with Toronto though is that domestically it is a big fish in a small pond but internationally it is a tiny fish in a big pond. It's trying too hard to convince itself that it is world class. It isn't. It's firmly in the B list, among cities such as Stokholm, Melbourne and Frankfurt.

Going back to Vancouver though. There is a lovely distinct west coast hippy vibe to all BC cities, including as far as Abbortsford but it's important to differentiate the cities of Surrey and Vancouver. We used to live in the Sunset neighbourhood of the city of Vancouver and, just like the UK, the streets are narrow, you have to struggle to parallel park in tight spots, and people walked. Things like that gave it charm. The cities of Brampton etc in the greater Toronto area are, in comparison, charmless, vast open - dull grey, boring deserts devoid of all high culture including history. Toronto is then, as i said, very much a city on the B list in the international stage but what makes it unique even among the B list cities is that is a mind-blowingly boring city even for the B list.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

I've lived in Vancouver and visited Toronto so my impressions are my own. I mean don't get me wrong, Vancouver has extremely serious problems, not least the fact that any city that has 57% of it's GDP devoted to the real estate industry (including construction) is on very VERY shaky ground. I know people talk about the diversity of people but in my mind what makes Toronto unique, and indeed unusual among Canadian cities is it's diversity of commerce. Vancouver can collapse at any time when real estate collapses and Edmonton and Calgary are at the whims of oil. Toronto, on the other hand, is stable. The trouble with Toronto though is that domestically it is a big fish in a small pond but internationally it is a tiny fish in a big pond. It's trying too hard to convince itself that it is world class. It isn't. It's firmly in the B list, among cities such as Stokholm, Melbourne and Frankfurt.

Going back to Vancouver though. There is a lovely distinct west coast hippy vibe to all BC cities, including as far as Abbortsford but it's important to differentiate the cities of Surrey and Vancouver. We used to live in the Sunset neighbourhood of the city of Vancouver and, just like the UK, the streets are narrow, you have to struggle to parallel park in tight spots, and people walked. Things like that gave it charm. The cities of Brampton etc in the greater Toronto area are, in comparison, charmless, vast open - dull grey, boring deserts devoid of all high culture including history. Toronto is then, as i said, very much a city on the B list in the international stage but what makes it unique even among the B list cities is that is a mind-blowingly boring city even for the B list.

What u said is very true. However Brampton is an entirely different city from Toronto. Brampton is the considered Toronto's annoying little cousin. Mosr Torontonians make jokes about Brampton and don't want to even be remotely associated with it hence the term "Brampton man".  The only cities in Canada that even come close to world class would be Toronto or Montreal. Different neighborhoods have their own character in these cities. Rest of the country can't really compare. 

But if your more into outdoor activities and not too much into in the hustle and bustle of the big city Vancouver is the place. It's more of a small town feel but with the size of a city 

Guest london jwaan
On 12/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

The 'fallacy' is the way that non-jatts have managed to convince jatts born in the west to defacate and urinate on the memory of their own grand-parents. Lets put things in perspective and in order:

1) Only Jatts recruited because only jatts seen as tough enough

2) Other people had to do more feminine work such as working in offices whilst the jatts fought wars

3) Jatt soldiers start Sikh diasporas on the Californian farmlands, Canadian lumber yards and British factories (e.g Southall....where a former Army Major insisted on employing ex-Sikh soldiers that he served with - Wolf's rubber factory)

4) After Jatts had laid the foundations through blood and sweat the other groups with feminine work backgrounds because were refused admission into the army finally arrive and start settling into the towns that the jatts had built with blood a few generations earlier.

5) the british born children of those late arrivals still feel bitter and aggrieved that their grandparents were not allowed into the army and thus never fought anywhere and so, to make them feel better about themselves and their lack of history they set about rubbishing the pioneers.

6) the grandsons and grand-daughters of those pioneers become so shamefull, so ignorant, so stupidified that they actually join in with the rubbishing of their own grand-fathers because they're too stupid to understand why others are rubbishing them.

People, whatever your background...whatever your grand-parents did....whoever you are....always honour and respect your great and wonderful grand-parents and great grand-parents. Every last one of them were truly amazing men who have given us so much. Shame on anyone here that dis-honours them and encourages others to dis-honour their own family.

I was starting to wonder Jagsaw, that it was extremely out of character for you to start a thread that was actually interesting at first glance.........

I did question though however, why has this imbecile not opened his jagsaw as wide as possible and done an e-tutee on the forum as per usual??

But not to disappoint us, Imodium time!!!

And here it is! (Above).

So,

the first point - here you go all over again with your idiotic jattism.

I will take the liberty of countering that :

To your point 1) Only Jatts "perceived as tough enough", or only stupid enough to realise that they were recruited in roles paying minimum wage, treated like dogs and exploited, but give an annual shot of poorly distilled whisky and a bowl of rancid keema by their masters to keep them loyal? Like dogs who are subservient waiting for their next serving of pedigree chum?

2) fought wars for who? The british? Again like sacrificial dogs? OR for india, where the battalions are sacrificed at the front lines and in peace time where the entire community is stereotyped as whisky drinking lorry drivers because of phalli such as you?

3) "start diasporas" - you cock.......

4) refused admission to the army? - you mean realised they would be treated like dogs by the Brits therefore had the intelligence to not sign up to pseudo slavery?

I could go on and on. But suffice to say, Im afraid that Jattism is anathema to sikhism, and it is morons like you that illustrate the point perfectly.

Why do you think there are common phrases such as "jattan di akal" to illustrate extreme stupidity and lack of intellect?

22 hours ago, Torontobboi said:

What u said is very true. However Brampton is an entirely different city from Toronto. Brampton is the considered Toronto's annoying little cousin. Mosr Torontonians make jokes about Brampton and don't want to even be remotely associated with it hence the term "Brampton man".  The only cities in Canada that even come close to world class would be Toronto or Montreal. Different neighborhoods have their own character in these cities. Rest of the country can't really compare. 

But if your more into outdoor activities and not too much into in the hustle and bustle of the big city Vancouver is the place. It's more of a small town feel but with the size of a city 

Yeah I remember the first time I visited Toronto as a kid. We had relatives that lived in Rexdale in Toronto proper and back then it was a mixed Sikh / Jamaican neighbourhod although you always got the impression that it was more Jamaican than it was Punjabi. At that time, a lot of the Rexdale Sikhs were beginning to move to the city of Brampton and Mississauga, although at that time you certainly got the feeling that Mississauga was more popular with Pakistanis than Sikhs. But even from first impressions my feeling was that it wasn't for me, especially compared to the natural beauty, laid-back hippy lifestyle and old world charm of Vancouver. Within Vancouver itself we were always at pains to remind people that we lived in Vancouver and NOT Surrey or Delta. Totally different worlds. It's the same with all the Sikh diasporas. We have a natural tendency to see them in generic terms.....with UK Sikhs imagining all Canadian Sikhs live in the same kind of houses in the same kind of towns and vice versa. In reality however there is as much variation within domestic diasporas as there are internationally. The real truth is that very few Sikhs live in Birmingham (with most living in neighbouring authorities such as Sandwell).......There are very few Sikhs living in Toronto (with most living in neighbouring cities such as Brampton).....There are very few Sikhs living in Vancouver (with most living in neighbouring cities).  

Going back to why I don't rate Toronto though....It can't just be the vast open boring landscape because I genuinely love the vast emptyness of Edmonton and Calgary so I think it's the way that Toronto is in so many ways a very un-Canadian city in that the only thing that distinguishes it from any American city is the Canadian flag you see flying. Thus, there's no reason to love it because if one is looking for an American city to love there are far better examples about such as New York and Chicago etc. It doesn't have the appeal of Montreal, or the sheer beauty of Vancouver and yet, despite having a mass transit and subway system that most Europeans would consider as belonging to a D list of cities it still keeps calling itself 'world class'. You have to worry about a city that is so self conscious that it keeps calling itself this just to make itself feel better. It needs to understand that the rest of the western world sees it as firmly in the B list.