nav88

How to raise kids to be emotionally resilient and sikhi aware

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
On 12/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, nav88 said:

I am a new parent and was looking for some help on how to raise a daughter who knows and practices sikhi principles in life

I found these lot cute - the guy saying you will make the Panj Pyare happy was the best lol

How can we stop Sikh boys being too nerdy or emasculnated too? In these 'gender-fluid' times where some kids don't even seem to know if they are boys or girls, how can we raise up strong, masculine boys who will grow up to be men who will look after their own families and wider community?

Failure in this department is exactly what predatory pedos rely on, and is one of the reasons why they target us.   

This is a lot more complex than just making them take amrit in my opinion. 

I guess this begs the question: how do you encourage kids to be brave, strong and morally upright?

Edited by dallysingh101

yes send her to Punjabi classes so she will be able to read and write gurmuki from a young age. Every Sikh parent should send their kids to Punjabi classes, otherwise how else are they supposed to read bani, bani is the key to Sikhi. It becomes harder to learn gurmuki as an adult.

Edited by puzzled

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Another one to add to the list of things white people do:
    • Why are you awaiting a consensus or permission to proceed? Your profile as a published author would surely open doors to places and people that would remain firmly shut to the rabble on this forum. Use your contacts in the press and publishing industry to get the ball rolling. Good luck.
    • I do feel I need it -  given the rampant misinformation out there.  What you just pointed at might seem like a legitimate source to you, but that is comical to me. So you have no contemporary or near contemporary source outside of this very recent online 'article'.  Now we may well find a contemporary or near contemporary source if we hunted, but the fact that you point at what you did, like it had some unquestionable veracity says a lot (and what it says ain't good).  If it is true, it would (sadly) conform to what I've experienced with our people anyway, especially the 'rural' lot. I'd just like people to be more conscious and critical of their sources. 
    • I've heard the opposite. Actually I distinctly remember a news report shortly after the American invasion of of the region (post 9/11), that specifically mentioned Sikh females removing their burkhas in the Sikh colonies over there. This (presumably) didn't last long, given the west's failure over there.  So you think the Taliban had all Muslim women bowling around in burkhas (which ironically Sikh merchants largely supplied) and allowed Sikh women to bowl around without them...... Seriously.  
    • Guest guest
      "The answer to your first question is the fact that Punjab was always, for thousands of years, an integral province of Persia and entirely seperate from anything we would know today as 'India' Punjab was Persia's easternmost state and its most celebrated and richest." this is a complete lie.  

Important Information

Terms of Use