Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay, I'm posting this video because I'm noticing that a few apnay parents seem to have some sort of 'weight blindness' when it comes to their children (and themselves). This video shows a cat but the principle is still the same. How comes certain parents don't have the intelligence to recognise that they are overfeeding their children (and adjust the food accordingly), when the evidence is right there in front of their eyes? Do some suffer from some sort of strange 'reverse anorexia' where their visual perceptions are distorted to the extent that they look at their morbidly obese kids and see a slim person? Or are they too clueless about biology to realise that the weight can lead to all manner of illnesses? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in our community if your fat or chubby then your healthy, if your slim then they say "tu kina mara hogiya"     you notice this especially in Punjab, if someone is chubby then they are seen as someone who eats well and is healthy. When i go india my thai always says that shes going to feed me lots of aloo protas and fatten me up. They like it chubby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women in Punjab Are The Most Obese Of All – Survey

43269e1e1b945d81fd528f1c3d05852f?s=140&d Tushar Pasrija 02/05/2017
 1,227  1 minute read
 

Punjab is the land of butter chicken, lassi and also big fat weddings. Almost all the people of Punjab are food lovers and not to forget that their unconditional love for alcohol. Punjabis are undoubtedly the coolest and the most chilled out people in India but the report revealed by the national health survey is surely going to disappoint all the Punjabis.

As per the report revealed by national heath survey, Punjabis are the most obese community. The women in Punjab have left behind the men in Punjab in terms of obesity. It has happened for the first time in a decade and the reason for the same could be a drop in liquor consumption by men in Punjab. Though Punjab also has a lot of fitness freaks but it’s a matter of serious concern for the obese people.

Obesity Problem With The Women In Punjab

The percentage of obese women in Punjab will definitely shock you.As per the NFHS (National Family Health Survey) 2015-16, 32.4% of women in Punjab are obese and diabetic. Men in Punjab are also not behind as the percentage of obese men in Punjab is 32.1%. There are 30.6% overweight women and 25% overweight men in the villages of Punjab.

Punjabis living in both urban and rural areas have become fatter since the last NFHS round (2005-06).

Punjabi’s Consumption Habits

Union Ministry of health and family welfare commissioned the latest round last year. International Institute of Population Sciences, Mumbai completed the survey last year.

The survey’s report of the habits of the Punjabis will give you chills down your spine. Drug abuse was the main issue in the state’s polls. The strangest thing is that men in Punjab have become much sober as far as consuming liquor is concerned. As per a report, there were about 34% liquor consumers in Punjab’s cities in 2005-06. The percentage has dropped from 34% to 29.7% and there has been a drop in villages too from 43.4% to 36.9%

The analysts said that there a lot reasons for this change. Some of them are the awareness campaigns by women, more dependence on drugs and also that the panchayats socially boycotted the vend owners.

Image result for fat punjabis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Apnay parents referring to seriously obese children as 'takhray' says it all I guess...... deluded.

when you complain, they say " Asi Khande Peende Ghar de aa " XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Okay, I'm posting this video because I'm noticing that a few apnay parents seem to have some sort of 'weight blindness' when it comes to their children (and themselves). This video shows a cat but the principle is still the same. How comes certain parents don't have the intelligence to recognise that they are overfeeding their children (and adjust the food accordingly), when the evidence is right there in front of their eyes? Do some suffer from some sort of strange 'reverse anorexia' where their visual perceptions are distorted to the extent that they look at their morbidly obese kids and see a slim person? Or are they too clueless about biology to realise that the weight can lead to all manner of illnesses? 

 

problem is the quality of the food , most parents are allowing their kids to eat maccie D's and fast food especially pizza as this is some 'sign' of affluence whilst they eat all the fried foods and mithai week in week out as if it's a permanent party . There is a lack of desire to cook from fresh and daily in the bibian they cut corners all over the shop  no wonder the kids look like Augustus Gloop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Apnay parents referring to seriously obese children as 'takhray' says it all I guess...... deluded.

we used to do ticharan of Punjabi concept of 'Hellthee' but now it's ridiculous you walk your kid to school and see people feeding their kids sweets and crisps from first thing in the morning it's sickening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Okay, I'm posting this video because I'm noticing that a few apnay parents seem to have some sort of 'weight blindness' when it comes to their children (and themselves). This video shows a cat but the principle is still the same. How comes certain parents don't have the intelligence to recognise that they are overfeeding their children (and adjust the food accordingly), when the evidence is right there in front of their eyes? Do some suffer from some sort of strange 'reverse anorexia' where their visual perceptions are distorted to the extent that they look at their morbidly obese kids and see a slim person? Or are they too clueless about biology to realise that the weight can lead to all manner of illnesses? 

 

kids can be chubby but no child can be obese really, bc their body grows until around 18, and a bit more after that.

 

and the truth is, the diseases around obesity are not as strongly linked as you think.

nice cat analogy tho

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think new age child obesity can be related to bad and lazy parenting as well. There's this fat Punjabi lady who lives down our road and whenever her son used to cry or have a tantrum she used to place a can of coke, sweets, or crisp in front of him to shut him up. When he was 7 some of his teeth were removed because they were in such a bad state! How shocking is that. He now is a very very fat kid and everyone on our road laughs at him. She was telling my mum that he starts having tantrums and starts screaming if he doesnt get his coke cans and chocolates. She also told my mum that the doctors told her that its one of the worst cases they have seen.

Iv seen parents shove phones/tablets or sweets in front of their kids when they crying. Iv seen Punjabi ladies do the same thing. Parents are getting lazy 

Edited by puzzled
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Drinking water is an alien act to most Punjabis; exercise may as well be voodoo. 

It's strange, because I talked to some relatives who go back home quite frequently and they told me that there are gyms out there and some people do actually train regularly????

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

problem is the quality of the food , most parents are allowing their kids to eat maccie D's and fast food especially pizza as this is some 'sign' of affluence whilst they eat all the fried foods and mithai week in week out as if it's a permanent party . There is a lack of desire to cook from fresh and daily in the bibian they cut corners all over the shop  no wonder the kids look like Augustus Gloop

I train (not as much as I used to though), and I've trained a few younguns in the family too.  What I've learnt is that different people have different biologies in the above respect. Some people can pretty much eat junk but keep really active and it doesn't show. Others totally misjudge how many calories they require and even eating what a normally built person would eat makes them gain pounds and pounds. How comes people are so out of tune with their own personal biology? 

I think a lot of apnay comfort eat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's strange, because I talked to some relatives who go back home quite frequently and they told me that there are gyms out there and some people do actually train regularly????

You don't need a gym to drink water, eat less, and move more. That's something the women in particular over there should be shamed into realising. They've destroyed their bodies by the time they hit 30, and it has NOTHING to do with childbirth. They have physical ailments, normally associated with people 20 years their senior, stemming from inactivity, poor diet, and a generally bad attitude. It's crazy because they don't have to worry about clocking-on; there's apparently "servants" for all household duties, so why is it still such an ordeal to carve out time to dedicate to one's health?

Yes, there's definitely a burgeoning gym scene in India for males, but as with most things that are imitated from Western trends it's extremely superficial. Good health rarely enters the equation. Although the gabru who train for kabaddi and Indian wrestling aren't to be sniffed at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, MisterrSingh said:

You don't need a gym to drink water, eat less, and move more. That's something the women in particular over there should be shamed into realising. They've destroyed their bodies by the time they hit 30, and it has NOTHING to do with childbirth. They have physical ailments, normally associated with people 20 years their senior, stemming from inactivity, poor diet, and a generally bad attitude. It's crazy because they don't have to worry about clocking-on; there's apparently "servants" for all household duties, so why is it still such an ordeal to carve out time to dedicate to one's health?

Yes, there's definitely a burgeoning gym scene in India for males, but as with most things that are imitated from Western trends it's extremely superficial. Good health rarely enters the equation. Although the gabru who train for kabaddi and Indian wrestling aren't to be sniffed at. 

when, Sikhs, these days, say, "Trust in Waheguru, and not this scientific nonsense" , WHAT CAN YOU DO REALLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, mahandulai said:

kids can be chubby but no child can be obese really, bc their body grows until around 18, and a bit more after that.

 

and the truth is, the diseases around obesity are not as strongly linked as you think.

nice cat analogy tho

 

maybe you actually need to read about doctors who treat childhood obesity , if they exist it is because there are obese children , obese children become obese teens and then adults if there is no intervention.
truth is there is an expolsion in strokes, heart attacks, hypertension and diabetes type 2 in children, for the first time kids are being buried by their parents after deaths from chronic diseases relating to dietary choices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Iran Do you guys think USA plans to invade Iran?  First there was the drone strike and Iran stopping oil carriers in the Strait of hormuz where 20% of the world's oil passes through - https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=7830 I'd like to point out that the strait of hormuz is like a key strategic access point that could be fought over in a global conflict, like in World War 1 you had the Dardenelle straits, in World War 2 you had the Suez Canal. maybe in world war 3 you'd have the strait of hormuz.  The US Also doesn't it seem odd that USA is so concerned by a possible Iran attack on Saudi Arabia to the point of imposing furthersanctions? I mean what business should the Us have with that when the Saudis are the victims. I've thought that perhaps Usa or the saudis attacked the plant to further conflict with Iran, but I'm not really sure. Do you guys think this is part of a larger plan where usa plans to invade 7 countries: Iraq,Somalia,Libya, Syria, Sudan,Lebanon,Yemen Sometimes I think there's no difference in Trump and Obama,in that they're planted politicians.They both seem to be taking steps in the 7 country invasion plan. Look at the first link below for more detailed info. Click the first link that pops up in the search bar if you don't have those ad results. I tried pasting the link directly but it doesn't seem to successfully redirect you to the reddit thread.  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pnac+a+document+between+israel+and+Us+to+invade+7+countries&atb=v168-1&ia=web The Jews Also doesnt trump seem to be leaning towards Jewish interests and pro-Israel? I mean isnt it convenient for Israel that middle eastern countries surrounding it are being invaded by USA and having "democracy spread" for their benefit? Here's a video about Trump and the Jews, like always do your own research and point out anything you find interesting here.  https://www.bitchute.com/video/i2JYZcaoaY2g/ The Simpsons I mean the Simpsons predicted Trump would be president back in the year 2000. Surprisingly, they  also predicted he would crash the economy and you see reports of the coming 2020 recession.  here's the simpson clip and below that is more of the same kind if you're interested:       
    • One thing I cant stand the thought of is a interfering mother in law.  If she's constantly invading my space and interfering    I'd tell her where to go    lol 
    • Bani clearly says in kalyug  which is the era where everything goes wrong that women will take lead,  this is just one of the characteristics on kalyug ,  men will become puppets. A man's downfall is when he becomes a slaves to his senses     that's when a man becomes weak   he loses his dharma.  Men should also keep secrets to themselves    sharing feelings and what's deep inside is also what weakens a man.    Media which is ran by feminists, gays and liberals have completely brainwashed men.  Every man should try to become the best man he can become       fck what media is saying     
    • Just last week down my road a Pakistani woman kicked her husband out of the house because she wanted him to put their sons name on his bank account. She herself doesnt work. The husband refused  and she kicked him out and said she ain't gonna let him back in till he agrees. His son then hit him on the face.   Growing up I always thought women were victims and men were the big bad ones   but now I'm older iv realized men and women are just bad as each other.  Men get angry quick and start abusing and hitting, while women are bad in a more sly plotting way.    
    • They already have started destroying the traditional family unit    just look at the UK.  Feminism is a good example of why women shouldn't take lead.  The sexual revolution movement in 60s in the west was led by women/feminists and since then there has been no looking back! It's just getting worse and worse     they started it.    Men can't even talk back at women or argue back in public because they will be called sexist     thats right where feminists want men to be      Women also do a lot of stirring in punjabi families    it's no secret   brothers fall out with each other all the time because their wives keep filling their ears.   Funny how brothers get on really well before marriage but then after marriage it all changes.  its all stated in kalki avatar and dasam bani     it's all coming true.   
×

Important Information

Terms of Use