Parenting and weight

dallysingh101

7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's a sentiment I've noticed over the last couple of years that's being heavily pushed onto the sangat by various kathavachaks and parchaaraks. I wonder why they're going down that road? Funnily enough, it's an idea that seems to come from a certain brand of preacher; mostly rabble rousers and, if I'm being frank, the less learned / intelligent types of preachers that get stage time. Strange how the contemporary greats such as Giani Pinderpal Singh never go down that route, almost as if their knowledge and spiritual gian speaks volumes instead of telling Sikhs to stop trying with life and hope for the best, which we all know is how the masses are prone to interpret this particular sentiment. It's a rather dangerous and quite careless trend that should be curbed before it gets out of hand.

woohoo finally

HIGHLIGHT   .... ... !

13 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's a sentiment I've noticed over the last couple of years that's being heavily pushed onto the sangat by various kathavachaks and parchaaraks. I wonder why they're going down that road? Funnily enough, it's an idea that seems to come from a certain brand of preacher; mostly rabble rousers and, if I'm being frank, the less learned / intelligent types of preachers that get stage time. Strange how the contemporary greats such as Giani Pinderpal Singh never go down that route, almost as if their knowledge and spiritual gian speaks volumes instead of telling Sikhs to stop trying with life and hope for the best, which we all know is how the masses are prone to interpret this particular sentiment. It's a rather dangerous and quite careless trend that should be curbed before it gets out of hand.

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

SUPER DUPER ... .. .. .HIGHLIGHT ! ... !

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

LET US KNOW THIS

3 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

what do you mean 'to genetics', you mean certain foods for east Asians and certain foods for Caucasians?

e.g. chinese people have severe lack of lactase production and also the ability to process alcohol so those things dairy and alcohol will have an even harsher effect on a Chinese person than say a Danish person whose gentics have adapted ingesting dairy and alcohol much more .

if you compare the Tarahumera and the Pima indians who are genetically indentical  you can see the effect of eating nonnative/cultural  foods , the Tarahumera are ultramarathoners, slim , strong on their cultural diet  and the Pima are actually the most diabetes and obesity stricken ethnic group in USA having started eating like the whiteys

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 8:10 PM, puzzled said:

Women in Punjab Are The Most Obese Of All – Survey

43269e1e1b945d81fd528f1c3d05852f?s=140&d Tushar Pasrija 02/05/2017
 1,227  1 minute read

Punjab is the land of butter chicken, lassi and also big fat weddings. Almost all the people of Punjab are food lovers and not to forget that their unconditional love for alcohol. Punjabis are undoubtedly the coolest and the most chilled out people in India but the report revealed by the national health survey is surely going to disappoint all the Punjabis.

As per the report revealed by national heath survey, Punjabis are the most obese community. The women in Punjab have left behind the men in Punjab in terms of obesity. It has happened for the first time in a decade and the reason for the same could be a drop in liquor consumption by men in Punjab. Though Punjab also has a lot of fitness freaks but it’s a matter of serious concern for the obese people.

Obesity Problem With The Women In Punjab

The percentage of obese women in Punjab will definitely shock you.As per the NFHS (National Family Health Survey) 2015-16, 32.4% of women in Punjab are obese and diabetic. Men in Punjab are also not behind as the percentage of obese men in Punjab is 32.1%. There are 30.6% overweight women and 25% overweight men in the villages of Punjab.

Punjabis living in both urban and rural areas have become fatter since the last NFHS round (2005-06).

Punjabi’s Consumption Habits

Union Ministry of health and family welfare commissioned the latest round last year. International Institute of Population Sciences, Mumbai completed the survey last year.

The survey’s report of the habits of the Punjabis will give you chills down your spine. Drug abuse was the main issue in the state’s polls. The strangest thing is that men in Punjab have become much sober as far as consuming liquor is concerned. As per a report, there were about 34% liquor consumers in Punjab’s cities in 2005-06. The percentage has dropped from 34% to 29.7% and there has been a drop in villages too from 43.4% to 36.9%

The analysts said that there a lot reasons for this change. Some of them are the awareness campaigns by women, more dependence on drugs and also that the panchayats socially boycotted the vend owners.

Image result for fat punjabis

Seems like the typical trolling punjab 'govt' report/propaganda like the ones about female foetocide they've been naming punjab for ages as the  worst but it is blatantly not true in uttar pradesh no female was born for three months in a particular region . Gujarat have their fair share of fatties and Haryana too not mention other states . Not to say we are angels but anywhere where people have affluence and western influence it is going to be like that. BBC had a documentary on a while back explaining the obesity epidemic in India and it hardly mentioned Punjabi, besides the people above look like pakistanis/hindus not apney.