Just now, jkvlondon said:

maybe you actually need to read about doctors who treat childhood obesity , if they exist it is because there are obese children , obese children become obese teens and then adults if there is no intervention.
truth is there is an expolsion in strokes, heart attacks, hypertension and diabetes type 2 in children, for the first time kids are being buried by their parents after deaths from chronic diseases relating to dietary choices

small percentages

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

of huge populations means huge numbers

it goes in the small percentages category that isn't worth dealing with, and you know this,

Just now, mahandulai said:

it goes in the small percentages category that isn't worth dealing with, and you know this,

10 0r 20 percent of a population of 50 million is still a MASSIVE number of avoidable deaths

1 hour ago, mahandulai said:

when, Sikhs, these days, say, "Trust in Waheguru, and not this scientific nonsense" , WHAT CAN YOU DO REALLY

That's a sentiment I've noticed over the last couple of years that's being heavily pushed onto the sangat by various kathavachaks and parchaaraks. I wonder why they're going down that road? Funnily enough, it's an idea that seems to come from a certain brand of preacher; mostly rabble rousers and, if I'm being frank, the less learned / intelligent types of preachers that get stage time. Strange how the contemporary greats such as Giani Pinderpal Singh never go down that route, almost as if their knowledge and spiritual gian speaks volumes instead of telling Sikhs to stop trying with life and hope for the best, which we all know is how the masses are prone to interpret this particular sentiment. It's a rather dangerous and quite careless trend that should be curbed before it gets out of hand.

Edited by MisterrSingh

7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's a sentiment I've noticed over the last couple of years that's being heavily pushed onto the sangat by various kathavachaks and parchaaraks. I wonder why they're going down that road? Funnily enough, it's an idea that seems to come from a certain brand of preacher; mostly rabble rousers and, if I'm being frank, the less learned / intelligent types of preachers that get stage time. Strange how the contemporary greats such as Giani Pinderpal Singh never go down that route, almost as if their knowledge and spiritual gian speaks volumes instead of telling Sikhs to stop trying with life and hope for the best, which we all know is how the masses are prone to interpret this particular sentiment. It's a rather dangerous and quite careless trend that should be curbed before it gets out of hand.

woohoo finally

HIGHLIGHT   .... ... !

13 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

SUPER DUPER ... .. .. .HIGHLIGHT ! ... !

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

LET US KNOW THIS

56 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

10 0r 20 percent of a population of 50 million is still a MASSIVE number of avoidable deaths

so are you doing the right thing, and advocating a vegan diet to all of your patients

1 minute ago, mahandulai said:

so are you doing the right thing, and advocating a vegan diet to all of your patients

i advocate a healthy diet  minus all the junk and sugar. cooking to suit genetics rather than fashions, if you can go plant based why not

32 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

i advocate a healthy diet  minus all the junk and sugar. cooking to suit genetics rather than fashions, if you can go plant based why not

what do you mean 'to genetics', you mean certain foods for east Asians and certain foods for Caucasians?

3 minutes ago, mahandulai said:

what do you mean 'to genetics', you mean certain foods for east Asians and certain foods for Caucasians?

e.g. chinese people have severe lack of lactase production and also the ability to process alcohol so those things dairy and alcohol will have an even harsher effect on a Chinese person than say a Danish person whose gentics have adapted ingesting dairy and alcohol much more .

if you compare the Tarahumera and the Pima indians who are genetically indentical  you can see the effect of eating nonnative/cultural  foods , the Tarahumera are ultramarathoners, slim , strong on their cultural diet  and the Pima are actually the most diabetes and obesity stricken ethnic group in USA having started eating like the whiteys