• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I tell you one thing that set me back years (unnecessarily in my opinion). When I started trying to read Gurmukhi properly I too tried with Gurbani but for some unfathomable reason no one told me that certain vowel symbols (especially at the ends of words) are grammatical indicators and are not actually read as part of the word. This can confuse people (well it did me).  So you might want to focus on some other less difficult texts (like children's books with words you might already know) for a bit - just to get proper familiarity with the sounds associated with the symbols.  Dasam Bani doesn't use these silent symbols so you could also maybe use that as a tool to help nail reading?  Great that you've got to this point in any case! Good on you. There is nothing like being able to read in the original script - keep at it!
    • Bhulan andar sab ko, abhul Guru kartar... Just needto cross reference with Guru ji as the saying goes anything worth knowing is worth the effort
    • It is an inadvertent way of the Pak Govt saying " Hey Sikhs, if you want to see your Historical sites, you pay for it". The fact of the matter is that Pakistan does not get a lot of tourists in. There are growing number of Sikhs going there and Sikhs going there will spend money. It won't just be pilgrim tours, there will be knock on effect in other areas too. People who left after partition may want to see their ancestral villages.  
    • No, there isn't, in the way they mean it. Granted, Gurbani says you need a guru. But that the Radha Swamis give the wrong meaning of that to say you need a "living" guru. Of course, though, our Guru is living. What they mean is a Guru made of flesh and bones. If they are saying the meaning of this is that there is a Satguru in every age (jug), then there still is a Satguru ... Guru Granth Sahib ji. It's fine to say that there is still Satguru. Where in Gurbani do they get that Satguru's name is Gurinder Singh Dhillon (the current Radha Swami guru)? Yeah. Tell them, so? You can't find God without a guru. But the only guru worth having is the Satguru (true guru). Gurinder Singh Dhillon is definitely not it. ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ਨਿਗੁਰੇ ਕਾ ਹੈ ਨਾਉ ਬੁਰਾ ॥੧੩॥ "Without the True Guru, there is not another Guru, and the one without the Guru has a bad name." p434 Ask them to prove that Gurinder Singh Dhillon is the Satguru.
    • Read Guru Granth Sahib bani Read Dasam Bani Practice Gatka or develop physical strength

Important Information

Terms of Use