Sh$t that White People do - end of year re-cap

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Guest GuestSingh
8 hours ago, Amit12 said:

Lol, i didn't mean that.

just saying thag they were wise enough not to critisize other people. 

Just saying that judging someone is not morally right.

Hahaha, "hypocritical when it suits us then?" No no dont put words on my mouth. Lol

practice what u preach...

8 hours ago, Amit12 said:

I dont think you can reject a MAN or a WOMAN based on what their past is. An individual's Present is what it all Matters, Nothin Else.

Judging Someone's Purity based on their Physical relations in the past, while they are totally a different person now, is the Most Un-pure thing one would say acc. To Gurmat.

where does gurmat say this?

Oh dear. Things aren't easily understood around these parts. ?  Not to worry though friends...lets try and break it down into separate components together:

If racism = prejudice the first step is to acknowledge our own racism. We are all racists. Everyone. There are however different levels of racism. My racism and your racism as brown people has never denied anyone a job because of their colour, sent someone to jail who should not be there, denied a family a home or mortgage, shot someone dead with our police gun and set  whole communities up to consistently fail.

The second step is to feel uncomfortable with that knowledge about your own racism. Unless you feel uncomfortable, things will never change. Let me give you some examples:

Example 1:  My family live on a beautiful farm-house on our own vast farm back in Punjab. On the way to the farmhouse however, in the cities, towns and in the village,  you have to pass vast communities living in terrible conditions. I acknowledge my prejudice / racism against them in the sense that I wouldn't want one of them marrying my daughter etc but the sight of their existence has made me uncomfortable enough to start self-reflecting on the privileges I enjoy simply by being born into the family I've been born into. By being made to feel uncomfortable I've been able to make the correct decision of telling my dad that we shouldn't throw an expensive function at the house but instead use the money we would have spent to install cheap inexpensive filter fan pipes in a dozen or so of those poor houses so that smoke from their rasooi kitchen will blow outside  rather than into the lungs of their young children (incidentaly....more children die from the long term effects of breathing in soot from the kitchen in Punjab than those that die from TB, Aids, Malaria added together). You see the steps ?  Acknowleging your own privileges....self-reflecting on them.....feeling uncomfortable with them with the understanding that although you are not directly responsible you will be complicit unless you confront it.....and then doing something constructive.

Example 2:  As a 4th generation UK born Sikh family I naturally enjoy a very easy life. Newer immigrants however, do not have the same luxuries that I enjoy not because I am brilliant or smart (because I am neither) but simply because I was lucky enough to be born into a specific set of circumstances. I acknowledge my prejudice / racism against them in the fact that I wouldn't to marry my daughter off into one of those families and send her off to live in their rented flat / council house. But the self-reflection of my own privileges makes me uncomfortable enough to do something that is against my own personal self-interest. Because i feel uncomfortable, I campaign for higher taxes against families such as my own so that those struggling families can better enjoy life and move upwards. That would not happen if I didn't feel uncomfortable. 

The poor in Punjab need to make ME and YOU feel uncomfortable so that we may be forced to acknowlege and then confront our privileges and this forceful action by the poor will improve their health because it will begin to reverse the damage done to their telomeres by the constant wear and tear of everyday suffering.

ME and YOU need to make white people feel uncomfortable so that they may acknowlege and then confront their privileges and this forceful action by us will improve our health because it will begin to reverse the damage done to our telomeres by the constant wear and tear of everyday racial micro-aggressions.

I want to say one more thing however and this will probably be my last. The above is very VERY simple. Life itself is simple. The simplicity of life is what makes it enjoyable but you have to first embrace the simplicity. Laugh a little. Be happy. There are funny things everywhere. For example a very funny thing is that i make a good living from writing about such issues and have even delivered workshops to CEOs and Directors from the NHS and wider industry and yet here on this thread, this knowledge and expertise is gobbledygook. One poster above stated I am dumb and he's right. He's absolutely right. I must be dumb for even thinking that sikhsangat.com would be the right forum to even mention such things. I'm not criticising any of you there I am criticising my own foolishness. I've been a very silly boy.?

this is stupid web site - whoever is in charge must be a glorified jew pushing the victim mentality upon Sikhi and the Panth - won't be back at this stupid site for a long time if ever - u r all iliterates - go fix your pinds - learn to think morons before attempting to kill the mind with Shabd- step one - bloody well learn to think for sake of the Panth - mere survival is not enough - Panth must thrive...

Guest Avoid THOT
1 hour ago, Amit12 said:

But we are not concerned about the early life of GURU ANGAD dev ji, and Guru Amar dass ji, before they came into SIKHI, are we ?

Shouldn't the same thing apply here ?

*DELETED*
 TU SUDAR JA MUNIDA..

• 3 months later...

$h1t that white people do number 49)

Smear their faeces on the walls.

In light of Assange's antics in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London I can't help asking myself "what is it with white people and smearing their $h!t on walls" ?  I've got friends / relations who work in hospitals and police stations and they have all previously told me how often white patients/prisoners smear their faeces on walls. In all my life I have never heard of a black or brown person do that, no matter how mentally ill they are. A black and brown mind just doesn't sink that low. We know surviving and progressing is already hard enough so $s!t like that just doesn't enter our minds. But white people ?....man, they're  different.  Is it the inherent white priviledge ? The fact that, in their minds, they know they can and so do absolutely anything they want ?

On 12/17/2018 at 3:14 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Like aliens, they imagine we have a leader and if thats the one that made it to the news interview segment that that must be the leader. That's white people for ya.

Yeah, exactly. I can't remember if it was Terry Milewski or Kim Bolan or some other racist "journalist" (actually propagandist) who wrote in an article that the reason for Sikh success in the Parliament is that they have a tribal system where the Gurdwara president "tells" people who to vote for, as Gurdwara presidents are warlords.

The reality is no Sikh ever wants anybody  to tell him what to do. "Who are you to tell me what to do?"