When did you learn about the caste system?

Redoptics

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't know why that is. I've tried to be as straightforward as possible. 

The way you constructed your paragraph,  I thought you was talking about me and got me confused lol

Dont think you said anything bad to delete the post, just jarred me a little thats all.

No harm, no foul lol

21 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Just was wondering, I was totally oblivious to any caste system until i was 16 and went to college, it was not brought up in my house.

from a very young, as far back as i can remember i knew i was a jatt lol. i remember when i was 7 and went india my nani gave me one of those "putt jattan de" t shirts  haha.

its something i knew from the early years.

i used to be a proud jatt when i was a teenager haha!   but i don't believe in the caste system any more. like other social systems it was created to divide society into sections and make it easier for people in power to rule over society. this is what we are seeing in our community today. 

i think its important for young people who are into sikhi to marry outside of their castes, lets be the examples ourselves 

8 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Just a quick question, 

If you weren't born in India, say you were from America or some other place like the UK how would you be in the caste system? lol

Some families if higher caste , shout it from the rooftops lol

Also can become very volatile when couples wanted to get married, sad if you ask me, i had a cousin who wanted to marry out of caste , her parents said no, and she ended up with a muslim. Such a sweet , beautiful young lady also did her paath and everything.