When did you learn about the caste system?

Redoptics

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I wasn't told about caste growing up. I only realised it was an issue aged about 15 when I started knocking about with another apna (there weren't that many apnay where I grew up). Anyway he was the one that asked me what caste I was. I didn't know. I had to go home and ask my moms. That guy was a jut from Uganda whose family got thrown out, and boy was he crooked. By the time he was 17, he'd been arrested like 15 times already for stealing, and his family weren't exactly poor like mine was at that time (single parent). He was really obsessed with caste, as was his father and one of his brothers and cousins.  

I hope the obsession is getting diluted with the newer generations. 

But i have also noticed this has brought in out of religion marriages.

Can't win really get a decrease in obsession with castes and a increase of out of religion marriages. 

1 hour ago, Redoptics said:

I hope the obsession is getting diluted with the newer generations. 

But i have also noticed this has brought in out of religion marriages.

Can't win really get a decrease in obsession with castes and a increase of out of religion marriages. 

Tbh no-one really mentions caste anymore apart from the older generations, not many people care about caste now.

You might get the odd few but thats about it.

2 hours ago, Redoptics said:

I don't agree. A strong Sikh identity actually leads to 'inter-caste' marriages within apnay. It's Juttian who identify strongly with caste who sh@g around with sullay from what I've seen. Because most Paks are actually juts themselves. Don't you guys know that? 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't agree. A strong Sikh identity actually leads to 'inter-caste' marriages within apnay. It's Juttian who identify strongly with caste who sh@g around with sullay from what I've seen. Because most Paks are actually juts themselves. Don't you guys know that? 

Where are you from? Im from Leeds UK, here you see Sikh girls with every type of race possible.

Also have you ever been on those indian dating sites the girls always mention their caste and if you not the same caste they will not respond.

30 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Tbh no-one really mentions caste anymore apart from the older generations, not many people care about caste now.

You might get the odd few but thats about it.

Maybe this is wishful thinking? Just do a search on Panjabi music on Youtube over the last 5 years and see for yourself. Many apnay are obsessed with jaat-paat (well juts anyway). Recently (as in last 2/3 years) I've been working in construction and bozos (eastern Europeans) have been coming up to me and asking about caste because some hogi jut has been filling their heads up with those notions.  So juts are so f**ked up, that they've been slyly filling nonSIkh heads up with their bahmanvaad thinking, and that is how some nonSikhs  imagine our society to be.

Even a snake is not as devious and two faced as many juts are. Juts are in denial about this.  

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

Maybe this is wishful thinking? Just do a search on Panjabi music on Youtube over the last 5 years and see for yourself. Many apnay are obsessed wit jaat-paat (well juts anyway). Recently (as in last 2/3 years) I've been working in construction and bozos (eastern Europeans) have been coming up to me and asking about caste because some hogi jut has been filling their heads up with those notions.  So juts are so f**ked up, that they've been slyly filling nonSIkh heads up with their bahmanvaad thinking, and that is how some nonSikhs  imagine our society to be.

Even a snake is not as devious and two faced as many juts are. Juts are in denial about this.  

In a way, I agree. Jatts are probably the loudest about their caste idk why lol 

However its not taken as seriously as it was.

14 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Where are you from? Im from Leeds UK, here you see Sikh girls with every type of race possible.

Also have you ever been on those indian dating sites the girls always mention their caste and if you not the same caste they will not respond.

I was in Leeds about 20 years ago when I was in uni meeting other members of a well known Sikh 'gang' who originated from B'ham if you know who I mean (sssshhhhhh!)

I ain't surprised at what you say. I noticed the two-facery in the brothers I met there (when it came to caste) even back then. 

I'm from East London btw. 

Yeah i can figure out who you mean lol

Ohh the two face Singhs here is next level lol its all about the dollar,  dollar bills y'all, drink, coke and just have a good time lol 

Sikh guys treating Sikh girls like goria and vice versa,  then get to around 30 marry someone out side of Leeds, keep doing shenanigans until around 55 then they find the Guru, take amrit and chill, goto Gudwara and listen to paath.

11 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was in Leeds about 20 years ago when I was in uni meeting other members of a well known Sikh 'gang' who originated from B'ham if you know who I mean (sssshhhhhh!)

I ain't surprised at what you say. I noticed the two-facery in the brothers I met there (when it came to caste) even back 

25 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Yeah i can figure out who you mean lol

Ohh the two face Singhs here is next level lol its all about the dollar,  dollar bills y'all, drink, coke and just have a good time lol 

Sikh guys treating Sikh girls like goria and vice versa,  then get to around 30 marry someone out side of Leeds, keep doing shenanigans until around 55 then they find the Guru, take amrit and chill, goto Gudwara and listen to paath.

edited