When did you learn about the caste system?

Redoptics

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Does your fam really push the caste thing then? 

Yeah they do, but my mum says I can only marry a jatt girl but other higher castes like tarkhans are acceptable but not low castes like chamars etc 

My family say marrying a lower caste will be bezti  !   My family like if you marry a low caste then how will we visit their family in India, everyone will laugh etc 

My mum's pind is mainly a chamar pind. in India I mostly stay at my nanke so end up talking to chamars a lot and going to places with them, one day my thai visited and started laughing and saying it doesn't look good if you hang out with the chamars!  That was really deep! 

My family just happen to be like that.

But I don't believe in the caste system 

17 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah they do, but my mum says I can only marry a jatt girl but other higher castes like tarkhans are acceptable but not low castes like chamars etc 

My family say marrying a lower caste will be bezti  !   My family like if you marry a low caste then how will we visit their family in India, everyone will laugh etc 

My mum's pind is mainly a chamar pind. in India I mostly stay at my nanke so end up talking to chamars a lot and going to places with them, one day my thai visited and started laughing and saying it doesn't look good if you hang out with the chamars!  That was really deep! 

My family just happen to be like that.

But I don't believe in the caste system 

And what make s you think a chamaar or so called other caste would want to marry you?

16 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Its not brainwashing, its status and reputation.

And the obsession with that in the way it manifests in our society is a consequence of clannish brainwashing. 

Look at middle class goray for example. They will accept (and actually seek out) females who have certain characteristics in terms of looks and how they act and behave regardless of their racial/ethnic backgrounds. This doesn't diminish their status and reputation like it does with the people we are talking about (amongst our lot). 

So this notion of being somehow downgraded by cross-caste affiliation completely regardless of the qualities of the potential partner in question is a conditioned cultural response. What makes it more interesting is to note the changes in jut patterns over the years. Most of us know that sharing wives between brothers wasn't uncommon only a short while back (might still be in deepest, darkest pends for all I know?), and that buying girls from much poorer travelling families was a jut practice also. How comes this last act didn't downgrade a peasant because it's not different from them marrying a so-called 'low caste' at all?

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

They don't just 'happen' t be like that bro. It's the consequence of brainwashing.  

Yeah they brainwashed into thinking that they some how are higher lol   weird.

But things have changed, my mum tells me how bad the chamars used to be treated back when she was a little girl even though they are the majority in the pind.

My mum said the jatt women never used to let the chamars go into the kitchen because that would pollute the food!  If they did enter then the ladies used to clean the kitchen to purify it. Chamars weren't allowed to sit on chairs and had to sit on the floor when visiting jatt house. If a chamar was working for you during their break they weren't allowed to eat with the jatts and had to sit and eat where the cows and buffalo are tied 

They used to do horrible jobs like skin dead animals etc

Sounds so bad!

But now things have changed for them, they don't get discriminated as bad 

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah they brainwashed into thinking that they some how are higher lol   weird.

But things have changed, my mum tells me how bad the chamars used to be treated back when she was a little girl even though they are the majority in the pind.

My mum said the jatt women never used to let the chamars go into the kitchen because that would pollute the food!  If they did enter then the ladies used to clean the kitchen to purify it. Chamars weren't allowed to sit on chairs and had to sit on the floor when visiting jatt house. If a chamar was working for you during their break they weren't allowed to eat with the jatts and had to sit and eat where the cows and buffalo are tied 

They used to do horrible jobs like skin dead animals etc

Sounds so bad!

But now things have changed for them, they don't get discriminated as bad 

But you do know that there are a  lot of juts who resent this change don't you. People who'd like to see the 'good ole days' return.