My cousin is going to get married to a non amritdhari girl!!!

1Anonymous1

The question is: does the Amritdhari influence the non Amritdhari to get closer to the faith and start practicing more - or does it work the other way, with the Amritdhari getting more lax? 

I think these things boil down to who has the most aura and strength in the relationship to influence the other. Maybe the girl finds something attractive in the Amritdharis lifestyle that she might follow in future? 

5 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Best hope those facial genetics are in order, because there's no gym for the face, lol.

You don't know the secret do you? You can actually be butt-ugly but confident and in good physical nick and girls will flock to you. Look at how many pretty young things are with butch, butt ugly, macho types. lol

Oh well, I guess we can try some facial exercises or something then.... 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I think its wrong that he's marrying a non amritdhari. When I was initiated into amrit, they told us to marry amritdhari(s) only. Ive heard if a married couple wants to become initiated into amrit, both have to go and get initiated and not just one. Think about the jhootha perspective too, Ive heard jhootha-ness of peoples can influence themselves. From which angle is she a Sikh anyways? Ive heard from someone that even Anand Karaj is only for amritdharis only too, since amritdhari(s) pledged to be faithful to Sikh Dharam.

What is a sehajdhari Sikh anyways? I thought sehajdharis are Sikhs who have not been blessed with amrit, but also do not do the four maha bujjar kurehits. If someone does bujjar kurehits, then how are they sehajdhari? 

Guest Stop this AnandKaraj

This sham marriage cannot allowed to take place!

This Anand Karaj must be blocked as non-Amritdhari's are not allowed.

Let us know which Gurdwara this sham marriage will take place at so we can block it by protesting

7 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Look on the positive side. Hopefully, the fiance will become an amritdhari after marriage. Most ppl will tell the amritdhari guy, that ur wife needs to take amrit after a bit. Then they both can take amrit together. Sometimes it takes a while to convince the wife. 

In the meantime, they are both sikhs and will continue coming to the gurudwara

She already has him wrapped around her finger.  He's falling head over heals for her and is willing to abandon the Guru's teachings.  He choose a woman beauty over his Guru's hukam.  Just like jagmeet Singh the NDP leader or should I say soon to be former leader.  

2 hours ago, Guest Stop this AnandKaraj said:

This sham marriage cannot allowed to take place!

This Anand Karaj must be blocked as non-Amritdhari's are not allowed.

Let us know which Gurdwara this sham marriage will take place at so we can block it by protesting

Really, this is what it's come to, a Amritdhari marrying an non-amritdhari (but happens to be from a Sikh family) and you want to protest, surely there are more important things to protest about.

The hope or belief that the amritdhari partner will inspire the non-amritdhari is a naive pipedream. I'm not saying it never happens, but more often than not it leads to the partner who is Gursikh to become lax. It happens gradually at first, but there is definitely a downward spiral. Of course, it depends on whether the amritdhari partner was particularly observant to begin with.

From what I've observed over the past decade or so, the ONLY difference between younger non-amritdharis and amritdharis is uncut hair. The inner is virtually indistinguishable across the two categories. Never mind, though, ey, that lovely royal blue dastaar and flowing beard has 'em all fooled well and proper.