My cousin is going to get married to a non amritdhari girl!!!

1Anonymous1

15 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Sorry long post but please read!!!!!!!

Bit of a background of my cousin:

He’s 23 and just qualified as a solicitor, he took Amrit when he was younger (19) he went to hazur sahib and came back as a Singh, never told us what really changed him he kept it gupt. 

I must admit we were all shocked as before that he was always going out late partying and getting into trouble. He is a very smart Singh - Him and his father have gone to our grandmother (her mother was a gori lol) and they are very fair skinned with hazel eyes, basically look Greek as they have that facial structure/ jawline as well. I was very shocked when he told me about his to be fiancé  as he was very religious and ties a gol dastar.

Now to the point

Through the duration of uni and on insta I saw him with girls and when I confronted him he said they were just friends and I believed him. Now it turns out the latest girl I saw him with (he’s only been with 2 I know of through uni) he’s about to get engaged to her!!! she’s not amrit nor sehajdhari she doesn’t cover her hair and wears make up. 

Imagine this, when he showed the family her pic they were all very happy and said she was very pretty all ignoring the fact that she’s not amritdhari. Our family isn’t reallly religious only 4 women including me are amritdhari (his mum and dad aren’t amritdhari), she may be very pretty but I’m sure this goes against rehat.

I talked to my mum about this and she said that it don’t matter as there are couples where only one partner is amritdhari and the other isn’t and they still last. She said that she’s very pretty and he’s very good looking as well and they look good together, I told her that there are pretty amritdhari girls out there as well and I said LOOKS ARENT EVERYTHING she then got angry and told me to drop it as I’m going to cause trouble in the family - classic desi answer to shut someone up. 

My dad basically said the same thing - linking it to Jagmeet Singh saying they got married so what’s wrong with it. 

Is this going against rehat - I’m so confused I always thought it was. She’s coming down next week to meet his mum and dad so it looks serious, I don’t want to look like a trouble causer please help! I want to confront him with facts so please give me points I can say. 

The looks point everyone in my family is making is so stupid, basically saying that good looking people can sin and get away with it it’s so annoying!!!!!! 

BABA NANAK even went to Himalayas to find GURMUKHs in those Hathi(s) and Tapi(s), 

You are Contradicting your own statement. You are judging her only based on her instagram photos, you still have never met her, never talked to her, Never had any contact. 

You said your cousin is a very Smart Singh, then Maybe he found more Sikh VALUES in her than the Amritdhaaris surrounding him...

But if he only took Amrit cuz he couldn't say no to a Sewadar while the Amrit-Sanchar was going on then its a different story. 

ALL im saying is DONT JUDGE HER BEFORE EVEN MEETING HER. You dont know her as much as your cousin does... Be Patient.  

16 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Sorry long post but please read!!!!!!!

Bit of a background of my cousin:

He’s 23 and just qualified as a solicitor, he took Amrit when he was younger (19) he went to hazur sahib and came back as a Singh, never told us what really changed him he kept it gupt. 

I must admit we were all shocked as before that he was always going out late partying and getting into trouble. He is a very smart Singh - Him and his father have gone to our grandmother (her mother was a gori lol) and they are very fair skinned with hazel eyes, basically look Greek as they have that facial structure/ jawline as well. I was very shocked when he told me about his to be fiancé  as he was very religious and ties a gol dastar.

Now to the point

Through the duration of uni and on insta I saw him with girls and when I confronted him he said they were just friends and I believed him. Now it turns out the latest girl I saw him with (he’s only been with 2 I know of through uni) he’s about to get engaged to her!!! she’s not amrit nor sehajdhari she doesn’t cover her hair and wears make up. 

Imagine this, when he showed the family her pic they were all very happy and said she was very pretty all ignoring the fact that she’s not amritdhari. Our family isn’t reallly religious only 4 women including me are amritdhari (his mum and dad aren’t amritdhari), she may be very pretty but I’m sure this goes against rehat.

I talked to my mum about this and she said that it don’t matter as there are couples where only one partner is amritdhari and the other isn’t and they still last. She said that she’s very pretty and he’s very good looking as well and they look good together, I told her that there are pretty amritdhari girls out there as well and I said LOOKS ARENT EVERYTHING she then got angry and told me to drop it as I’m going to cause trouble in the family - classic desi answer to shut someone up. 

My dad basically said the same thing - linking it to Jagmeet Singh saying they got married so what’s wrong with it. 

Is this going against rehat - I’m so confused I always thought it was. She’s coming down next week to meet his mum and dad so it looks serious, I don’t want to look like a trouble causer please help! I want to confront him with facts so please give me points I can say. 

The looks point everyone in my family is making is so stupid, basically saying that good looking people can sin and get away with it it’s so annoying!!!!!! 

Great videos to watch before presuming things about others and judging them based on looks.

20 hours ago, Amit12 said:

Great videos to watch before presuming things about others and judging them based on looks.

The original poster is not judging the girl when he say she is not amritdhari.  That is a fact like the person in the video says a student did not complete his homework and that is a fact.  Learn to present the correct videos for this topic.  The videos you presented should have been presented when you started a thread judging amritdharis against a mona.  

All I’m saying is I always thought an amritdhari has to marry a amritdhari and from the majority of posts here clearly Sangat does agree. 

I did confront him about it the other day, he used the Nihang argument that women were never administrated Khande ki pahul in the past. 

He showed me a  rehatnama where it said that if a women is given Amrit then that person is a tankhaiya. Budha dal and hazur sahib give Kirpan da amrit to bibiyan and he said that if you look in puratan granths there is no evidence to state that women were given Amrit the only women stated in 1699 is mata sahib deva, he then said that kaur is not stated anywhere in the granths and women are referred to as devi. 

Im meeting her today, I’ll make a post in the evening about her - I don’t know what to believe but being an amritdhari girl myself I found his argument completely offensive and it really pissed me off. 

Guest terapio

Amit is originally from SPN(Stupid Phuddus Network).Of course he hates Amritdharis.Thats what his atheist grandmasters there teach him.And his beliefs become more evident when he quotes this self hating Sikh Satpal Singh who says keeping kesh and dhari is just an expression of your inner love of the divine and has nothing to do with Sikhi or Gurus hukam.

Nothing is wrong with Amritdharis,it's people like this spewing their new age philosophies that keep on attacking and finding faults with Amritdharis to justify their own beliefs of not keeping kesh and not taking Amrit.

According to Amit's logic,if her cousin met a muslim who has more 'Sikh Values' than other Amritdharis then he should marry her?

This person has no belief in khanda bata di pahul and it's significance.Most probably doesn't believe in 3 of the 5 Amrit baniya,has a low opinion by default of Amritdharis and sees them as just a symbol of ritualism that has to be ended.

Ms.1Anonymous1,your cousin is just using that excuse to justify his actions.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but most likely he will cut his kesh and become a patit again in the near future.I suggest you don't waste your time or energy on this issue any longer.

1 hour ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

All I’m saying is I always thought an amritdhari has to marry a amritdhari and from the majority of posts here clearly Sangat does agree. 

I did confront him about it the other day, he used the Nihang argument that women were never administrated Khande ki pahul in the past. 

He showed me a  rehatnama where it said that if a women is given Amrit then that person is a tankhaiya. Budha dal and hazur sahib give Kirpan da amrit to bibiyan and he said that if you look in puratan granths there is no evidence to state that women were given Amrit the only women stated in 1699 is mata sahib deva, he then said that kaur is not stated anywhere in the granths and women are referred to as devi. 

Im meeting her today, I’ll make a post in the evening about her - I don’t know what to believe but being an amritdhari girl myself I found his argument completely offensive and it really pissed me off. 

He's loved up. He ain't going to think rationally. 

1 hour ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

that is soo F'd up arguement.... 

that is literally a BAHMANI rip-off Rehatnama. That is not a rehatnama made by sikhs i bet ya.

4 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Whatever my personal feeling about Amritdhari marrying a non-Amritdhari this sounds like some grade A bull, he should just be honest and say that he likes/loves a girl who isn't Amritdhari and wants to marry her instead of coming out with excuses,

If your an Amridhari girl you keep doing what your doing, the world is full of excuses.

Just to sum up and close the thread...

I met the girl twice yesterday:

1st time was with her mum, turns out her mums  a radha soami but her dads a sikh. She and her family are vaishnu, she doesn’t drink and she does japji sahib every morning. Her mum was annoying tbh she complimented my cousins eyes 10 times even the girl was looking at her and giving looks. 

Then her, me and my cousin were together. She seems like a nice person and they do look good together but SHES NOT AMRITDHARI

No matter if she is pretty, veggie or doesn’t drink  she’s not an amritdhari and I really felt like saying it in front of them but they looked so loved up together, the way they were looking at each other I couldn’t take up the guts and burst their bubble 

I don’t think my cousin will leave Amrit, he’s  learnt santhiya or Guru Granth Sahib and Dasam Granth and regularly does Prakash in the local gurdwara. He keeps his amritvela as his mum always states.

I dunno guys... I’ve just left it to maharaaj.....