Is it worth Meditating When you don't keep kesh?

Guest H.S.j

I watched a video about by Nanak naam on this topic but I'm still left very confused. I am wondering if there is even a point to meditate and pray if you trim your beard? 

i don't intend to to trim forever, just for a few years at uni,  I still want to feel connected to sikhi and doing naam and not dm allows me to feel good, but I can't help but feel like I'm lying to myself by balancing a spiritual life and a non spiritual life, I like to devote my 100% to everything I do, am I just being counter productive if I meditate or is it still better than nothing? 

I know now many of you will say stop trimming, and yes I know I will eventually, but while I am doing it, shall I continue to pray and do naam? 

Would appriciate your thoughts? 

13 hours ago, Guest H.S.j said:

I watched a video about by Nanak naam on this topic but I'm still left very confused. I am wondering if there is even a point to meditate and pray if you trim your beard? 

i don't intend to to trim forever, just for a few years at uni,  I still want to feel connected to sikhi and doing naam and not dm allows me to feel good, but I can't help but feel like I'm lying to myself by balancing a spiritual life and a non spiritual life, I like to devote my 100% to everything I do, am I just being counter productive if I meditate or is it still better than nothing? 

I know now many of you will say stop trimming, and yes I know I will eventually, but while I am doing it, shall I continue to pray and do naam? 

I've watched that video too.. He is right, Praying never goes in vain.... But if you keep rehat you add some extra jewels to it...

On 12/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, Guest H.S.j said:

Praying is something that we do to praise Vaheguru. Whether we have kes or not we should still do siphat salah of Vaheguru. Once you become imbued with Naam, watch how your heart will reject the idea of  trimming. No matter what others think, you will only think of your Beloved. 

At the end of the day, if you feel like you are lying to yourself and you don't feel like yourself then you don't have to do it. Just think, who are you really trying to impress? The world or Guru Ji? Based on this answer you can make your decision.

Veerji, there is no need to please the world because one day we will have to leave and return to our Master. Can we really afford to make these small mistakes add up to a bigger one? 

After all, the decision is up to you. Just sit down and do simran and your heart will speak for itself. 

16 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

Praying is something that we do to praise Vaheguru. Whether we have kes or not we should still do siphat salah of Vaheguru. Once you become imbued with Naam, watch how your heart will reject the idea of  trimming. No matter what others think, you will only think of your Beloved. 

At the end of the day, if you feel like you are lying to yourself and you don't feel like yourself then you don't have to do it. Just think, who are you really trying to impress? The world or Guru Ji? Based on this answer you can make your decision.

Veerji, there is no need to please the world because one day we will have to leave and return to our Master. Can we really afford to make these small mistakes add up to a bigger one? 

After all, the decision is up to you. Just sit down and do simran and your heart will speak for itself. 

Great post

Recommend you watch this, Bhai Jagraj Singh ji tells us about how he starting to keep is Kesh.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, Guest H.S.j said:

am I just being counter productive if I meditate or is it still better than nothing? 

Guest Jee,

to meditate on Him, is a sign of His blessings. 

He and His Name, is the only eternal and unchangeable Supreme truth. And that Truth is all goodness, all mercy, all blessings, akhoot pyar.

So, do not get confused about the counter productive effect, for even if you do many many things and do not meditate on Him, then too brother,  we have done nothing as per Bani at the end of the day, or our lives;  on the other hand even if we have only meditated on Him, then that wealth will go with us, "nothing else" apart from that.

His meditation on His Bachan, is what is needed from us

Guru ka bacahan basseh jeea naalay, jal nahee dubay, taskar nahee levay, bahay na saakay saaray.

In my humble opinion, if there is anything we should get worried about, is that if we follow implictly what the Bani says.

That is, Waheguru, Guru Ka Bachan , means the spiritual wealth gathered within us, by meditating on Him.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.