Since its 25th of December interesting facts on Jesus Christ

Redoptics

12 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

A Bhagat according to who's standard? How would anyone know Jesus was a bhagat when he left no writings behind? 

I'm sure the gospels have some of his teachings but obviously what is his teaching and what was added by the church fathers.

Christianity at Jesus time was a Jewish sect, Jesus use to pray at the Jewish temple, it's 100 of years later the Christian preists wanted the followers of Jesus to have their own identity and break away from Jewish tradition and that's when Christianity started taking form, counsels were held where the Christian priests decided what is Christianity. Jesus was a jew and the Christian faith didn't exist when he was around, he probably wouldn't recognise it if he were to come back lol.

18 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I'm sure the gospels have some of his teachings but obviously what is his teaching and what was added by the church fathers.

Christianity at Jesus time was a Jewish sect, Jesus use to pray at the Jewish temple, it's 100 of years later the Christian preists wanted the followers of Jesus to have their own identity and break away from Jewish tradition and that's when Christianity started taking form, counsels were held where the Christian priests decided what is Christianity. Jesus was a jew and the Christian faith didn't exist when he was around, he probably wouldn't recognise it if he were to come back lol.

Some of his teachings, so why didn't any of the Guru's place Jesus writing in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?  I don't know if you call jesus a bhagat.  If you do then explain why.   

Just now, Akalifauj said:

Some of his teachings, so why didn't any of the Guru's place Jesus writing in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?  I don't know if you call jesus a bhagat.  If you do then explain why.   

Lol jesus means nothing to me. Though I do find Christianity interesting from a historic perspective not spiritual or religious.

I like some of the stories from the old testament like Samson and his super strength which he lost when he got seduced by a woman and she cut his hair. Once again they are just stories to me nothing religious lol

2 stories that I do find moving from the gospel is when Jesus asked God to forgive the men sticking spears into him when he was on the cross as he said they do not know what they are doing 

And secondly when the hypocritical Jewish priests were about to stone to death a prostitute and Jesus drew a line between them and the prostitute and said the one who is without sin to throw the first stone and they all dropped the stones and walked off 

I find these 2 stories moving  but no jesus means nothing to me