The Psyche of UK Sikhs - This can't end well can it ?

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

So....UK Sikhs. We're a peculiar bunch arne't we ?  An unusual bunch in fact. When we go back to Punjab we meet Canadian, American and Australian Sikhs back in the village and the first thing we notice is how proud they are of being Canadian, American and Australian. They proudly display their national flags on their houses, vehicles and clothing and have integrated so well into their home countries that they have reached the very top of society. The Canadian Sikhs especially have adapted so well to that famous American / British hybrid sense of humour that they have reached the very top of that profession too. And then....sadly....there is the UK Sikhs. A very unusual bunch when it comes to interrnational Sikh diasporas in that they are so negative, so pessimistic, so downbeat. Always moaning about this, that or the other with their depressing nature disabling them from being able to see how a lot of the things they are moaning about are actually a lot worse in the other countries I mentioned. Ain't no chardi kala among the UK Sikhs. No....it's all doom and gloom.  I mean there was a recent thread about depression and in it I did try and explain how this is actually the greatest time ever to be alive and life is truly wonderful if we look at it in the right way. But that was ignored and everybody just carried on with their usual depressing thoughts. Let's take a closer look at what we've learned about the UK Sikhs from  a few of my recent threads here on this forum:

1) Absolutely no sense of humour at all. A complete inability to not only laugh but even be able to spot a joke.

2) The only Sikh diaspora that actually hate their own country. Wish it ill-will and insult those that served in it's army.

Just wanna put this question out there then:   With most of you UK Sikhs here hating Britian....hating it's army....hating those that served in it's army - This story of the UK Sikhs can't end well can it ??????   I mean this story has got a very painful end written all over it. ?

Or....is it just the fact that sikhsangat.com is not a very good representative of the general feeling among UK Sikhs ?

I don't think its a sikh thing i think its a British thing lol. Brits in general are a very grumpy bunch. How often do you see happy smiley faces in the high street, tube, buses etc  even the customer service in shops and other places is grumpy.  I think even canadians and americans find brits a bit grumpy. 

British people are not that patriotic either, what is british culture? how religious is the population? how many union jacks do you see in public or in peoples garden? schools don't sing the national anthem, British people in general are not patriotic, 

I find americans and canadians annoying, but then again iv only met a few, the accent also gets annoying after a while 

I love a good laugh and everyone always tells me that im always smiling. women often tell me i have a nice smile, so not all british sikhs are grumpy and depressing lol 

There's also an element of contributors to this forum playing to the gallery. I'm absolutely certain there's a disconnect between what people post and say on this forum AND how they actually live their day-to-day life. I'm not suggesting everyone is lying and presenting themselves as perfect, pious individuals whereas the reality might be a little more grey than we're being led to believe. I mean, how many of the anti-Christmas brigade on here didn't present their kids or loved ones with any gifts? Was lunch or dinner that particular day the standard daal roti or something a little unique? I'm not buying it. And, no, I don't "celebrate" Christmas myself. But most people aren't me. I have an iron will that 99.9% of apne simply don't and will never possess. That's not arrogance; just facts. ?

40 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's also an element of contributors to this forum playing to the gallery. I'm absolutely certain there's a disconnect between what people post and say on this forum AND how they actually live their day-to-day life. I'm not suggesting everyone is lying and presenting themselves as perfect, pious individuals whereas the reality might be a little more grey than we're being led to believe. I mean, how many of the anti-Christmas brigade on here didn't present their kids or loved ones with any gifts? Was lunch or dinner that particular day the standard daal roti or something a little unique? I'm not buying it. And, no, I don't "celebrate" Christmas myself. But most people aren't me. I have an iron will that 99.9% of apne simply don't and will never possess. That's not arrogance; just facts. ?

we had samosas and spring rolls and then pizza on christmas lol        but yeah there are people on here that make themselves look perfect but i have a feeling in reality they are not lol 

23 minutes ago, puzzled said:

we had samosas and spring rolls and then pizza on christmas lol        but yeah there are people on here that make themselves look perfect but i have a feeling in reality they are not lol 

well we had a real blow out ... despite half of the family (inlaws) being christians , there was no christmas tree or decorations (stayed in garage boxed up ), no special meal-  beans, rice, onion tart, roast veggies and potatoes just regular faves... bought bikkies and cakes for neighbours exchanged cards been doing it for twenty years . Lads got new Ts and fleece lined hoodies miss Isher a new surfer poncho and watercolours , Everybody happy cos they were home cosy and eating mum's cooking  and so grateful.

December's bday ridden so loads of get togethers , this years whole extended family got together for my bday 't gurdwara so all kiddies got to do sewa en masse , triggered so many memories of when we were kids - nice to see next gen enjoying sewa. My homeopathic teacher mentor even turned up despite being so unwell , guess he knew his time was coming because he passed this past Monday . Dr Surjit Singh Randhawa was a really deeply loved person , and was the epitome of chardikala  despite having to do dialysis for nearly two years he still run his practice and looked after his many patients , gave so much time to Gurdwara sewa and still kept his hand in with social events relating to the Jugnu Bhangra group which he started . He never let anyone be down or lonely ever , I'll miss him so much.

Guest Mr Australian Sengh

I doubt the australian sikhs are proud to be aussie in the same vein as canadians and Americans for their countries

It's more or less the new freshies from Punjab hat have arrived in australia within the last 15 years thinks theu are really australian and are basically sell out wanna be goreh. 

On the otherhand The praneh bandeh know the score the people that have been in Australia a long time.

i'm british sikh and i disagree

British sikhs have a great sense of humour, and no way do they hate Britain.  i knew sikhs in the army, and sikhs attend Remembrance day parade.

I'm thankful that UK does not shove nationalism down its subjects throats.  i'm glad they dont make us salute and  pledge allegience to a flag.  thats true freedom.

why would anyone display their foreign country flags in India?  thats lame.

Guest GuestSingh

weather has an effect - dark, grey, dull, gloomy, wet skies with little sun for most of the year would put anyone in a low mood...

and u cant compare the diaspora in the us, canada, australia with whats in the uk - we will always have the right to feel aggrieved against a country whose people tried to wipe sikhs off the face of the earth, continue to back stab us at any cost to help themselves and laugh about it as they know we're easily appeased and controlled as slaves.

only those in the diaspora with strength of mind will know and remember to keep this burning like a fire in their heart...

now aint this history as well as present-day sufferings of our good brothers and sisters in the worldwide diaspora and back home in panjab the same pain guruji says helps us remember akaal purakh? how are we supposed to be connected when most apne think just like whitey, that life is supposed to be 'fun', 'full of jokes' or 'one big party'?

who needs enemies when dopey panjabis are capable of self-inflicting mass genocide amongst themselves?

makes u wonder whether the white pigs did the job quicker for us....

Guest GuestSingh
6 hours ago, puzzled said:

I find americans and canadians annoying, but then again iv only met a few, the accent also gets annoying after a while 

their loudness (whooping, high-fiving,  backslapping etc), constant laughing and wide, fixed grin is way worse..

you could seriously endanger their life and theyd still look like some demented clown doing bhangra..

Guest GuestSingh
6 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

my family probably had the full works but wouldnt know as we spent it apart - no tree, presents or tv etc. here, only meal being daal/saajbia (cant remember which) with roti and some juice bas....