Sikh identity conflicts-online survey

DarshaPyasi1984

lame.  you call this academia?  what a waste of money.  

why don't you ask yourself- who is this paper really for and what is it really for?  its not for any sikhs is it?

and you are going to consider yourself *educated* after this?

maybe drop out and study a real subject of worth- Maths?  Science?  Modern Foreign Language?

On 1/5/2019 at 4:41 AM, DarshaPyasi1984 said:

If your are interested please post your experiences here. You don't need to include your name but please include your country. 

"as proof for my paper i asked for responses on an internet forum"

viva academic rigour!

On 1/5/2019 at 10:41 PM, Guest Grow the Sikh Panth said:

This is a very good topic for a research paper.

Most Sikhs were non-Punjabi's prior to the 1950 Maryada which Nehru, the RSS and Hindutva forces all approved of. As at a stroke tens of millions of sehajdhari non-Punjabi Sikhs were suddenly defined as Hindu's for the purposes of the 1951 Indian census. 67 years later their descendants outside Punjab (but even within Punjab amongst so-called Hindu Punjabi's) often sadly seem to have forgotten their Sikh heritage or what Sikhi stands for - Sarbat Da Bhala - through our shameful neglect as their (Sikh) Punjabi brethren. 

The Hindutva agenda successfully did this in 1950 by declaring sehajdhari's as non-Sikhs and the consequences we saw in 1984 and the years thereafter and today when our population stands at only 1.7% of the Indian population.

In 1984 there were 15million Sikhs and 750million Hindu's, Muslims, Christians etc in India. Fast forward to today and there are 22million Amritdhari, Kesdhari and Sehajdhari Sikhs in India and 1,350million non-Sikhs. What the powers that be realise is that if the definition of Sikhs is restricted to the 5% minority who are Amritdhari then the resulting "Sikh" community will be an impotent minority in east Punjab and even more so throughout India. On the other hand the Hindutva agenda classes anyone with a pulse as Hindu to maintain their political stranglehold on power. It is obvious which strategy will win out of an expansionist all-inclusive strategy (Hindutva) and one which seeks to exclude as many people as possible from the definition of ordinary Sikhs so that the Sikh Panth becomes small and politically impotent minority and so that the numbers of the Khalsa Panth become smaller and smaller year after year due to the lack of committed fresh new blood dedicated to the upliftment of the Panth.

What our Hindutva political opponents want is that even the 1.7% is reduced to 0.1% the Indian population (according to the 1950 definition) so as to be politically irrelavant because they fear the true message of Sikhi spreading.

At least 100 million in India have historic ties to Sikhi and/or attend Gurdwara's (and are thus Sikh). The puaratan definition of a Sikh was anybody who had the humility to bow down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. The way to respond to our opponents is to widen the umbrella of those considered Sikh. The greater the number of Sikhs, the more political clout the Panth will have (to avoid Genocides) and the greater manpower the Sikh Panth and more new committed members of the Khalsa Panth we will have to serve humanity (for Sarbat Da Bhala).

But yes it's always a safe bet that when someone sows sehajdhari/kesdhari divisions or biraderi divisions they are usually non-Sikhs with an agenda to denigrate Sikhi (because they fear the revolution the Truth of Sikhi can bring to hundreds of millions of people). After all the Panj Piare came from Gujarat, Orissa, South India, Hastinapur and Lahore and in all those areas all Sikhs combined do not constitute 1% any longer (let alone simply Amritdhari's). Now if the script was flipped and all ordinary people in those areas began to think of themselves as sehajdhari Sikhs then Khalsa Raj would stretch from Nankana Sahib to Hazur Sahib in a few decades prior to Khalsa Raj providing justice to all humanity. Meanwhile, in the present day all Sikhs combined are already a minority in Doaba and by 2021 or 2031 Sikhs are projected to become a minority even in east Punjab overall due to the legacy of the 1950 definition of a Sikh that Nehru and his SGPC pawns cooked up.

I just saw this comment write now, so I apologize for my insolence. These are great points that I did not mention much of. I just briefly mentioned how without the donations of Sehajdhari Sikhs, things would be different for the panth. However, you also provided ideas that did not occur to me to relate to in writing like the political agenda of the government.I also wanted to talk initially about the millions of dalits who came to convert and join sikhi, and how they were turned down from darbar sahib  by the sgpc. Those dalits, if accepted would make our history from then to now different and we could've been top 3 largest religions, maybe even the very top, because Sikhi should spread like wildfire if spread correctly. However, lack of powerful parchar,leads to ignorance.I think majority of people would join sikhi if they actually knew about it decently well enough to the extent that one learns christianity at a catholic school for example. In other words, the basics of sikhi. It's all hukam however. Also, I did not find valid research about the dalits going to darbar sahib. I just need some credible source to cite that to. 

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

lame.  you call this academia?  what a waste of money.  

why don't you ask yourself- who is this paper really for and what is it really for?  its not for any sikhs is it?

and you are going to consider yourself *educated* after this?

maybe drop out and study a real subject of worth- Maths?  Science?  Modern Foreign Language?

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

"as proof for my paper i asked for responses on an internet forum"

viva academic rigour!

Lol, it was originally meant to be a gathering of personal experiences. Btw, this is a highscool paper, not for a degree or something like that if that's what you thought.  

My actual "good sources" I think are worthy for academia. Mainly just the first 3, the fifth one. 2 or 3 of them are laws, or official documents. There was SGGS and some other regular articles 

https://www-jstor-org.ezproxy.torontopubliclibrary.ca/stable/pdf/4415477.pdf

https://www-jstor-org.ezproxy.torontopubliclibrary.ca/stable/pdf/23620888.pdf

https://www-jstor-org.ezproxy.torontopubliclibrary.ca/stable/pdf/44141876.pdf

http://www.lawsofindia.org/pdf/haryana/1925/1925HR8.pdf

http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/3990/1/Riat13PhD.pdf

http://www.gurunanakdarbar.net/sikhrehatmaryada.pdf

http://164.100.47.4/BillsTexts/RSBillTexts/asintroduced/sikh 238E.pdf

https://scroll.in/article/807847/nearly-10-million-sikhs-have-lost-their-religion-because-of-this-organisation

https://sikhsiyasat.net/2017/08/17/sehajdhari-sikhs-right-vote-sgpc-elections-abrogated/

7 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Oh Really ??? ?

Lets breakdown what you said in your opening message and analyse how important the "opposite" perspective really was to you. These are YOUR words...not mine:

• I want to know how you were discriminated against for being sehajdhari sikhs compared to an amritdhari SIkhs
  • Maybe some incident where you weren't allowed to do something that Amritdhari sikhs could do simply because your sehajdhari
  • For instance, i talked about in my paper how sehajdhari sikhs are not allowed to vote in SGPC elections.
  • I also talked about how some specific students in punjab  were denied admission to higher level Sikh only educational institutions because it was discovered that they trimmed their kesh

You wern't even every good at hiding your intention.?

Lol, you censored my the second bullet point from what you have to the unedited original which is this:

Maybe some incident where you weren't allowed to do something that Amritdhari sikhs could do simply because your sehajdhari, maybe the opposite.

Key words: maybe the opposite. 
I have no quarrel with you, it's just fun debate over pointless/irrelevant things. Hope it's the same for you.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2019 at 6:10 AM, Akalifauj said:

Did you  also include in your paper how mona do Sehaj or Akhand paath and after the bhog and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji leaves the house they wait couple of hours and open the alcohol bottles and play lustful music and call the function a party?

Did you also include in your paper how mona have control of some Gurdwara and allow alcohol to be drank in the langar hall by a select few.  Did you also include in your paper how mona have control of some Gurdwara and on one side of the same building is a party hall and the other side is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji prakash and it's called a Gurdwara?

If I think of more I will keep adding them.

Well put