GuestSingh12345

Is burning charcoal incense safe?

I am not questioning any maryada. We should use dhoof and jot as that is maryada, but I was looking to buy some new doof with charcoals, but read somewhere that the coals produce smoke that is similar to that of tobacco. It is not the same as tobacco, but was linked to similar health effects due to combustion like lung cancer or lung diseases if used for many years continuously in rooms with little to no ventilation. My question was, can this be avoided if it is true by increasing ventilation and how much ventilation would you say is good. Like I was thinking of just lighting it daily at amritvela, do my nitnem in the room where we did prakash of maharaj in sancheya, walk around the entire house with it, take it back to maharaj ji's room, do ardas and put it out. Maybe an hour or 2 daily. I thought of just turning on exhaust fans in kitchen, washroom, maybe open window, although that is not preferable right now in Canada's winter.What would you suggest/recommend/advise?

If you wanted to know, I was looking at bakhoor incencse with charcoal disks

Then I found this article:

https://gulfnews.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/burning-incense-at-home-poses-health-risk-1.1218145

Edited by GuestSingh12345

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa 
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Either way, smoke is smoke. In the older era, most homes were more open.. Unlike homes in the west withglass windows. Just use normal stick toof and open the window. Even one toof stick seems like so much for me during Canadian winters. I keep my rooms window open a bit no matter how cold it is outside, for fresh air. Just compare the indoor smell with outdoors. Whichever room I light a toof in, I open the window.

• Like 2

I burn dhoof when doing morning nitnem, leave the windows open and make sure that the smoke is able to get out of the room. I have loads of different scents of dhoof lol. I have sandalwood, lavender, Rose, Vanilla etc even strawberry lol!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jathasingh1978 said:

lol where do u buy them all from bhenji

You can go to pretty much any asian store and get them lol

• Haha 1

you can buy toof at gorah stores as well, normally in the home section 

While i dont encourage any kind of a ritual at least against Maharaaj. But Still if you are not convinced by anything then try Using these, These are totally made from Flowers that are showered on idols in Hindu Temples and The Ganges River.... THis is actually a STARTUP by two young indian Men which is flourishing fast...... So, If you are not convinced by anything then try Using these, as these are not Charcoal Made. 

https://www.helpusgreen.com/

20 hours ago, puzzled said:

you can buy toof at gorah stores as well, normally in the home section 

They don't smell as good tho

39 minutes ago, GuestKaur2 said:

They don't smell as good tho

Lol is it,  iv never buyed any from the gorah shops  but seen then there 

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Lol is it,  iv never buyed any from the gorah shops  but seen then there 

They smell bare weird lol stick to the ones sold in asian shops lol