Why does my wife want to assertively feed me ? Is this a tactic ?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:27 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

She's a nice person so far, since more than a month in marriage.

And she makes nice food too , but I find it bizzaring how she wants to feed me all the time , not during usual breakfast, lunch and dinner , but inbetween lets say we having panjeeri with milk and if she feels i am not partaking of it, she assertively tried to feed me , as if i am a child. She fills the spoon and brings it near my mouth and says "chalo now eat it. " Even if I repeatedly say I don't want to , she gets upset and keeps insisting. Then she does more cleverness. If we agree I will have only one spoon of it , she gives me one spoonfull and soon enough brings another spoonful.

Is this seemingly sweet act an insidious passive-agrressive way to take over

Hmmmm, thats a bit of tricky question. It could be because of following reasons 

1. She feels you are not strong enough and thus she is trying to make you more powerful.

2. She feels like you are not taking care of you diet well, so she doesn’t want to see you getting weak.

3. Baki bai ji, je koi pyaar naal kush dwe ta kha lyi da hunda, jiada nakhre na karya karo. Saade vall dekho jinna nu aje kudi ni mili ?

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

To the OP, 

As you've stated many times on this forum that you have a penchant for placing things in other holes I think she's just being helpful and making sure the food goes in the right hole.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:47 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

To the OP, 

As you've stated many times on this forum that you have a penchant for placing things in other holes I think she's just being helpful and making sure the food goes in the right hole.

I have never said I like something up my other holes !

On 1/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

She's a nice person so far, since more than a month in marriage.

And she makes nice food too , but I find it bizzaring how she wants to feed me all the time , not during usual breakfast, lunch and dinner , but inbetween lets say we having panjeeri with milk and if she feels i am not partaking of it, she assertively tried to feed me , as if i am a child. She fills the spoon and brings it near my mouth and says "chalo now eat it. " Even if I repeatedly say I don't want to , she gets upset and keeps insisting. Then she does more cleverness. If we agree I will have only one spoon of it , she gives me one spoonfull and soon enough brings another spoonful.

Is this seemingly sweet act an insidious passive-agrressive way to take over

she doesn't have a child, so she is being romantic and worrying about you, wants you to be a well-fed, strong male.

She needs a child, then she will feed the child instead of you!! ?

On a serious note

She is doing it to wind you up. She knows it really gets to you and rightfully so. Why would a grown man need to be hand fed like some child. Its completely out of order. But its the norm in India. Girls in back home are brought up to do this. Its her way of showing love and affection to you. 

People in Punjab have a different cultural norms and customs. She will grow out of. But tell an elder who can talk to her and explain not to do it. Or better still hand feed her and she how she likes it. She will get the message eventually.