Remember her ?

puzzled

I think the community is missing strong male sikh figures. People why can guide the younger lot.

Because of this lack of strong older male sikh figures there now is a clueless young generation who are folowng their feeling and emotions and not real reasoning. Younger people do not look at the wider picture.

How many prominent sikh figures are there in your town? 

There is no real talk in our community 

31 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was just making the point that many Sikhs are reluctant to go to the police about sexual abuse because of decades of 'inertia' on their part. 

Let's just agree that this is real murky stuff. I don't think anyone comes out clean from it. 

It could be that she thought that the Singh whose doing time was just going to batter the alleged rapist, but that bloke lost the plot and went overboard? Who knows?

Got to say, that Mahil bird sure knows how to move on........

Completely agree fella, i sometimes wish i lived under a rock in blissful ignorance of all of this kind of stuff, but hey, not the case, we live in a messed up world, just trying not to get messed up with it is the test.

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I think the community is missing strong male sikh figures. People why can guide the younger lot.

Because of this lack of strong older male sikh figures there now is a clueless young generation who are folowng their feeling and emotions and not real reasoning. Younger people do not look at the wider picture.

How many prominent sikh figures are there in your town? 

There is no real talk in our community 

Yes there is this definitely. It's hard for some spirited boy to look up to and aspire to an older who (because of their notions of politeness and conservatism) is gentle, polite, quiet etc. and rests on the fact that they have properties and maybe an expensive German ride, more so when you clearly see olders in other communities who have these very things (and more) but still retain their masculine, aggressive essence. Masculine energy is so important - boys aspire to it, girls are attracted to it. Lose it and we have a generation of boys and girls looking elsewhere for strong models of behaviour. 

We need intelligent, socially-aware, rough and tough blokes. 

38 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

Completely agree fella, i sometimes wish i lived under a rock in blissful ignorance of all of this kind of stuff, but hey, not the case, we live in a messed up world, just trying not to get messed up with it is the test.

I go back to this. Isn't this very thing a big part of charitrio pakyaan? 

I can't help but think we've been here before as a community and Guru ji sorted us out in this respect, but subsequent to the 'annexation' we lost a true touch with Dasam Granth and have fallen back into our previous ignorant lulloo stage again? 

I think katha of charitarpakhiyan in gurdware would be great and then a explanation of what you can learn from each story and put it into context of today's time and culture. 

That would be great for awareness, social dilemmas, taboo subjects etc 

Isn't that the whole point 

On 1/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, puzzled said:

I think katha of charitarpakhiyan in gurdware would be great and then a explanation of what you can learn from each story and put it into context of today's time and culture. 

That would be great for awareness, social dilemmas, taboo subjects etc 

Isn't that the whole point 

No the katha would only work if the sangat has a good understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   Too many people will be pulled by the graphic writing into kaam and miss the message.  Look at the missionaries.   They hear a story and all of a sudden they are running to the bathroom blushing.  Maybe certain stories that are not so graphic can be used but not all.  Even in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji their is a bit of graphic writing and the missionaries start blushing.  

UPDATE

Her husband has quit the idea of becoming mayor after all the controversy.

Apparently he has previously defended his wife by saying she has made a positive contribution to society  lol 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6593123/Labour-councillor-defends-soon-mayoress-wife-lured-besotted-millionaire-death.html#article-6593123