puzzled

Puratan Sikh art

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You are welcome, i have over 1000 pics if you want me to keep posting I will lol 

Sorry about some of my photo's I know they are not the best.

Edited by Redoptics

Old paintings of guru Nanak mainly from janamsakhi manuscripts. It's interesting how the artists had different interpretations of guru ji, some made him look hindu and some made him look muslim. In some he is depicted dressed like a king in others he is depicted is simple attire.

objweek.jpg

Sarvasiddhantatattvacudamani-Or_5259.jpg

c0b9b0a971416a2c0ffc87d3dcfd552d.jpg

THE_TEN_HOLY_SIKH_GURUS_WITH_GURU_NANAK_DEV_AT_CENTER_1f75bb6c-0f6a-465d-9ed4-0ee52c283790.jpg

2012_CSK_04795_0317_000(guru_nanak_with_his_companions_punjab_plains_late_18th_early_19th_cent).jpg

Inner-Harper-gift.jpg

f2cefc7d3384e5088c811dba7fc1e421.jpg

7am7PtaDzFP2T1UIkzZFePLyL6uxIYSO.jpeg

many-faces-of-guru-nanak-3-900x700.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

What's the giant fish about? Lol

Anyone know the story behind it? 

objweek.jpg

No but, hopefully someone knows about it 

Just now, sikhni777 said:

There was a huge fish who came to do some seva of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and transported them on its back. 

Have you any links to rhe saakhi? Never heard that one before.

I think I have read it in the janam sakhi which is quite huge. So sorry no link at present but I will try to find it. It was also the soul of some person. I think the fish passed away some time after that and got kalyaan. 

6 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

There was a huge fish who came to do some seva of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and transported them on its back. 

Ok  I didn't know that.  

Painting done by a muslim artist who had seen guru ji, the artist worked for a royal muslim family from Bengal.

teg-bahadur-copy.jpg

Edited by puzzled

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• This isn't new news.  Personally I think until Panjab gets itself straightened out (despite all the ill will -  internal and external) we're only going to see more of this type of stuff.
    • I used to try and raise my children the way my parents raised me and my siblings, I was failing miserably, I was given a reality check by my mother when I was complaining to her (one of many times) about my children's behavior, she reminded me that the way they raised is was appropriate for that time and that method isn't going to work today, there's no right way of raising your children, you do what you think is best for them, you promise yourself you won't make the mistakes your parent's made with you (in your opinion that is). You don't sound like a bad parent, your son doesn't sound like a bad child but sometimes our circumstances change which put us in situations that end up like yours, you've tried your level best and left the ball in his court so now it's up to him, as long as you've told him that the door is always open you have done the right thing. If you have other children I would concentrate on them and make sure this whole thing isn't affecting them to a point where it becomes an issue.
    • Is this how we want our bretheren to live ? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fruit-pickers-fight-back-at-italian-mafia-slave-farms-pznnhrfzq?fbclid=IwAR2PTrOQhMmEFpwOiWppvZ4hbQkq16zKKr0Gl2k8kJGkbRuMPwOle5y2E38
    • they are the ones who started the little metal kirpan on the kangha , maybe somebody should explain to them you cannot do ifazat of anyone with your kanga...
    • Sat Sri Akaal.  So for late reply.  Yes search up searchgurbani.com. Once there select the 3 line (options) on top right corner of page. Select your Granth (Dasam Granth). Then if u want English / Punjabi index. ALL BAANIAS will appear. Select Att Chandi Charitr.  NOTE: Dasam Granth here is much better than getting an app, especially for translation. 

Important Information

Terms of Use